Unlock

Forums: Unlock
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Unlock

Postby gold » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:59 pm

gold Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:59 pm
How do I unlock from inside Poser?

What happens when me unlocks are gone?

thanks
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Unlock

Postby win » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:06 am

win Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:06 am
Hi Gold

How do I unlock from inside Poser?
What happens when me unlocks are gone?

You cannot unlock a license from within Poser.
Unlocks are performed by logging into your Octane user account, and clicking on the UNLOCK for affected licenses.
However the unlocks are intended for emergency use only, for example, if you had a hardware failure and the license was locked on the failed machine.
You should deactivate the Poser license (by exiting from Poser) if you wish to stop using a license on machine 'A' and use it instead on machine 'B'.
OctaneRender licenses have a maximum of 5 unlocks, and OctaneVR subscriptions have a maximum of 2 unlocks.
Unlocks will automatically reset back to 5 (OctaneRender) or 2 (OctaneVR) on a periodic basis, providing that they are only infrequently used.

Hope that this helps. If you would like more information, please contact the Help Desk by email [email protected]

Kind regards, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Unlock

Postby gold » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:55 am

gold Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:55 am
hI

You cannot unlock a license from within Poser.

Thats what I thought. But it says on the license page to do this.

However the unlocks are intended for emergency use only, for example, if you had a hardware failure and the license was locked on the failed machine.

I have hard drive crashes, etc.

You should deactivate the Poser license (by exiting from Poser) if you wish to stop using a license on machine 'A' and use it instead on machine 'B'.

sorry, I dont follow.

OctaneRender licenses have a maximum of 5 unlocks, and OctaneVR subscriptions have a maximum of 2 unlocks.

Unlocks will automatically reset back to 5 (OctaneRender) or 2 (OctaneVR) on a periodic basis, providing that they are only infrequently used.

Yes, but what is the penalty before hand? Ive had several major computer problems.

Kind regards, Win

thanks
gold
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Poser