Phoenix fd temperatures and octane

Forums: Phoenix fd temperatures and octane
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Phoenix fd temperatures and octane

Postby coilbook » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:54 am

coilbook Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:54 am
seems like octane can never matches preview of phoenix fd fire and does not scale flame properly,

I attached a picture that shows black parts of the flame (THIS IS NOT SMOKE BUT LOW TEMPS ) are 700 kelvin lowest preview temperature. For some reason octane renders flames near propane tank where in preview it is clear grid meaning temps are even lower than 700 kelvin. So we scale down grid and emission and what we have. Clear grid near propane tank still renders flames but temperatures at 700k are not even visible even though they are higher than clear grid near propane tank Hopefully I explained it right

I think there is wrong method used for phoenix fd flame rendering

By the way still wanting to know how to choose what max grid value to use depending on grid size
Attachments
temps problems.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Phoenix fd temperatures and octane

Postby coilbook » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:01 am

coilbook Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:01 am
update:

seems like it is a problem with motion blur. I think there is a bug with flames and motion blur. Fire looks ok with mb off Also I posted before flame mb looks grainy\

in this image mb is OFF. Looks like MB makes some clear grid cells have flames

This is how mb should look like in a real footage https://youtu.be/bwqk8kw4ado
Attachments
mb bug.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports