OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.4

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.4
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.4 [current 3.xx]

Postby coilbook » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:01 pm

coilbook Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:01 pm
I still wish that one of the new releases could have selective alpha shadow per object or per texture that we need. This will increase rendering speed by at least 200%-400% Instead of applying alpha shadows to the whole scene. Maybe one day you will find the solution for this.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PolderAnimation » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:30 am

PolderAnimation Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:30 am
Hi abstrax,

We have a little problem with closing and opening files.

Our octane files have between 10 to 40 alembic nodes in it. When you close octane, octane stays open in the background (when you look at the task manager in windows).
This has some complications for our own written render dispatcher.
Also when we have a file open and we want to open a different file, it takes ages (10 min plus) to open the new file and most of the times is crashes.
If you are interested in our file we could send you an email with a link and all the abc files (it is under nda so I can not post it here).

cheers,
Sander
[email protected]
Win 10 64bit | RTX 3090 | i9 7960X | 64GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:29 pm

abstrax Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:29 pm
coilbook wrote:PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, please add sample spinners to combat noise for DOF specular noise and daylight scatter octane volume medium noise. It is impossible to work with them. Even hundreds of thousands samples do not fix the problem. other renderers do not have these issues. I mentioned 10 times i think an no reasonable answer about these problems. This is poor looking rendering quality that should be addressed

thank you

Could you send me the scenes please so I can investigate. There should be differences between 20000 samples/pixel and 200000 samples/pixel otherwise something is wrong either in Octane or with the setup. Are the emitters hidden behind some transparent objects/cover without fake shadows enabled? Did you try increasing the sample rate of the emitters that are creating this visible noise in the medium?
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:31 pm

abstrax Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:31 pm
coilbook wrote:I still wish that one of the new releases could have selective alpha shadow per object or per texture that we need. This will increase rendering speed by at least 200%-400% Instead of applying alpha shadows to the whole scene. Maybe one day you will find the solution for this.

Again, please send me an example scene where you think this option would make a difference and then we are happy to try it out. Should be a relative straight forward change.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:32 pm

abstrax Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:32 pm
PolderAnimation wrote:Hi abstrax,

Our octane files have between 10 to 40 alembic nodes in it. When you close octane, octane stays open in the background (when you look at the task manager in windows).
Also when we have a file open and we want to open a different file, it takes ages (10 min plus) to open the new file and most of the times is crashes.
If you are interested in our file we could send you an email with a link and all the abc files (it is under nda so I can not post it here).

cheers,
Sander
[email protected]

Yes, we would need the scene to see what's going on. I will write you an email.
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:33 am

abstrax Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:33 am
PolderAnimation wrote:Hi abstrax,

cheers,
Sander
[email protected]

I received your scene and wrote you a reply. The problem is the cleanup of the search index when the project is closed. It will be fixed with the next release.
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby PolderAnimation » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:15 am

PolderAnimation Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:15 am
Yes thanks!
Win 10 64bit | RTX 3090 | i9 7960X | 64GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Notiusweb Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:53 pm
Did you ever see when you import an alembic scene the menu items are greyed out, all except Render Priority. ie I import a Daz plugin alembic export to standalone and all the items (pick material, Auto-Focus, etc) are greyed out and not accessible. Is this because of some setting maybe I accidentally set in Alembic import preferences, or would this be some type of genuine issue?

It seems to have something to do with the Render Target, because in these greyed out scenes then even if I create a new Render Target, it is also with all menu items greyed out, except Render Priority.

Thx.
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:58 pm

bepeg4d Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:58 pm
Hi,
maybe you have accidentaly ticked the Lock icon in viewport :roll:
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Notiusweb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Notiusweb Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:40 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi,
maybe you have accidentaly ticked the Lock icon in viewport :roll:
ciao beppe

It looks like it happens on larger scenes, not simple ones, but I don't have any metric-variable I'm seeing that triggers it per say, only that I can't duplicate it on a simple primitive scene.
I have 2 heavier-dutier scenes where this happens. I can't control the render actions either, as in pause, restart-render, stop...

Here is an image of the lock greyed out, it looks to be unlocked. But because of the grey-out, aside from render-priority nothing is available from the menu...

GOM2.jpg

...from the menu
........from the menu
............from the menu
................from the menu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)