OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.2

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.2
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.2 [current 3.xx]

Postby abstrax » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:04 am

abstrax Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:04 am
coilbook wrote:FEATURE REQUEST:

I know you, guys, told me that you cannot do alpha shadow PER object. So if i want light to shine through a glass ALPHA SHADOW must be enabled globally.

Can you at least add a button in diffuse and glossy material "IGNORE ALPHA SHADOW and do not calculate" next to opacity map. It is very important.

One of the examples:

I have a car where I would love light to shine through the glass. But I cannot afford the render time because I have lots of trees with opacity map used for leaves on the background. So if i enable ALPHA SHADOW just to see a light shining though a car windshield then thousands of trees on the background will be calculating alpha shadows for the leaves and this slows down my system by 6-8 times and we do animations only.

And the trees shadows look great with alpha shadows off. So if you had this feature "ignore alpha shadows per material" I could've had light shine through car glass and disable alpha shadows for tree leaves making my rendering still very fast.

THANK YOU!

Could you send me the scene, so I can try if the implementation I have in mind actually makes a difference? I still don't think it does, but it's worth a try.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.2 [current 3.xx]

Postby abstrax » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:06 am

abstrax Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:06 am
coilbook wrote:Also can we have SAMPLES spinner added for VDB volume medium map . When bright light shines at vdb even after 20000 samples still noisy

Do you use adaptive sampling? If yes, it seems that sampling gets switched off too early and changing the adaptive sampling settings might help. If not, could you send me the scene so we can have a look what is going on there? Thanks.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.2

Postby yuanziyang » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:43 am

yuanziyang Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:43 am
I want octane to support multi language switching :)
yuanziyang
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)