Update and Introduction

Forums: Update and Introduction
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: Update and Introduction

Postby aufwind » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:53 pm

aufwind Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:53 pm
- Switching between noise pass / light passes and combined will retrigger the rendering. Can't set more than 1024 samples.: Could you clarify regarding the 1024 samples? How are you unable to exceed 1024 samples in your render view?

Hi Azen,

thanks for your reply.

As you can see in the screenshot below, the render tab samples are set to 16.000.
When switching to the render passes tab and choosing any different preview pass than combined
the sample settings get defined by the render passes tab settings, which can't be increased beyond 1024 (even by typing).

Switching between preview pass types will retrigger rendering. Not usefull...
For Final Render (F12) I get constant crashes of octane server. The Rendering wouldn't even start.
I guess this isn't an easy fix. Which leads to my hopes considering the SU approach ;-)

noise pass.jpg
Win7 | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | I7 3770K | 2x Titan (Kepler) | 1x Titan X (Pascal)
aufwind
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fivebythree » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:00 am

fivebythree Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:00 am
The SU approach is smacking your head against the wall, trying to find a different solution. I'm glad you're on Blender Azen, this is now my favourite working environment as I can finally get the blinders off with SketchUp.
STANDALONE WINDOWS10PRO | RTX3090 | XEON 4210 20 CORE | 96GBRam
fivebythree
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:13 am

azen Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:13 am
aufwind wrote:
- Switching between noise pass / light passes and combined will retrigger the rendering. Can't set more than 1024 samples.: Could you clarify regarding the 1024 samples? How are you unable to exceed 1024 samples in your render view?

Hi Azen,

thanks for your reply.

As you can see in the screenshot below, the render tab samples are set to 16.000.
When switching to the render passes tab and choosing any different preview pass than combined
the sample settings get defined by the render passes tab settings, which can't be increased beyond 1024 (even by typing).

Switching between preview pass types will retrigger rendering. Not usefull...
For Final Render (F12) I get constant crashes of octane server. The Rendering wouldn't even start.
I guess this isn't an easy fix. Which leads to my hopes considering the SU approach ;-)

noise pass.jpg

Hi aufwind,

Thank you for the screenshot and description.

There will need to be a lot of conversation around the subject of Design as to whether the SU approach would be suitable for Blender - or what would be a better approach. The SU approach was necessary due to the impossibilities of integrating directly into the existing SU interfaces. It shouldn't be necessary to do an overhaul quite that drastic for Blender.
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby azen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:31 am

azen Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:31 am
masterxeon1001 wrote:Hello there is a plugin of late called Decal Machine that I would like to port to octane. Does octane have a parallax / displacement type workflow for decals in a deferred workflow?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/eUQ4HSCYJfg?t=1h5m20s[/youtube]

The workflow involves making textured planes and having them show parallax and a basic shader at rendertime.

That sounds like quite a handy tool!

There could be some potential there. With a high enough demand for support, this will inevitably be assessed for development.

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby azen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:21 am

azen Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:21 am
fivebythree wrote:The SU approach is smacking your head against the wall, trying to find a different solution. I'm glad you're on Blender Azen, this is now my favourite working environment as I can finally get the blinders off with SketchUp.

That is understandable. From what I have gathered, there has been reported bugs but a general uptick in testing feedback. The plugin development is iterating in the right direction, so the wait for a full commercial release doesn't seem too far off. Hopefully you will enjoy the first commercial release of SU when it comes.
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby suvakas » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 pm

suvakas Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 pm
:!: Please add multi UV support.
Without it Blender plugin is not usable in year 2017.

Suv
suvakas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Whispermode » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Whispermode Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:39 pm
suvakas wrote::!: Please add multi UV support.

Suv

Hey, suvakas - I've seen you mention this before.

I too would love multiple UVs but I'm wondering what you mean by not usable.

Would you mind explaining briefly?

Thank you.
Whispermode
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:13 am

azen Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:13 am

Suv

Hi,

That makes sense. Multi-UV map support is possible in other plugins (Octane, if I am not mistaken, can natively support up to 3 UV maps). The only thing that will hold Multi-UV support back would be - as it is in all cases - based on the limitations of the host application (Blender in this instance). I will look into this as best I can to gauge feasibility. Based on user demand, this will determine how highly this is prioritized on any future roadmap.

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby zukan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:13 pm

zukan Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:13 pm
Hello azen,

Could you let us know whether this functionality will be possible in the Blender plugin at all? viewtopic.php?f=114&t=60966

Also could we get an update on when the next stable release of Blender plugin will arrive? I am a subscription based user and I have not been able to try any of the new features of 3.06 since the latest version available on the download page is only 3.05.3
MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 - GTX 970 + GTX 780 Ti - 16 GB RAM - Nvidia Driver: 367.15.10.35f01 - Octane Blender 3.05.3 - 11.23 - Blender 2.78a
zukan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby suvakas » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 am

suvakas Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 am
Whispermode wrote:

Suv

Hey, suvakas - I've seen you mention this before.

I too would love multiple UVs but I'm wondering what you mean by not usable.

Would you mind explaining briefly?

Thank you.

I do a lot of animation projects (toons, stuff for children etc) and in almost every project there is a scene when multiple UV coordinates are needed. For example a water on the floor (1st UV set for floor tiles and 2nd set for water mask), animated dirt on objects, flowing liquids done with animated UV coordinates over some other material.. stuff like that. For static arhitectural scenes yes, 1 set of UV's is Ok. But not for animations.

Suv
suvakas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Blender