Octane Render for SketchUp 3.06.1.4 Test Release

Forums: Octane Render for SketchUp 3.06.1.4 Test Release
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: Octane Render for SketchUp 3.06.1.4 Test Release

Postby smicha » Sun May 28, 2017 12:15 pm

smicha Sun May 28, 2017 12:15 pm
Guys,

This needs your attention - when I hit the "stop render" button it works fine - the viewport goes blank, all is OK. But when I orbit SU geometry Octane goes back to live - there is no way to stop the plugin working in the background but only by deactivation of all gpus in the preferences menu, which is so annoying.

Moreover with the plugin installed I noticed that any operation on geometry (moving edges, points, etc...) takes SU so much longer time - it seems Octane plugin is also recalculating geometry in background.

Please focus first on correcting these issues. Octane plugin shall remain completely inactive when it is closed or stopped. It shall not affect SU performance at all.

Q: how can I use the standalone feature for geometry subD? I just found the way to get all geometry nodes displayed in the node editor, but still options for SubD are not active. And grouping nodes is not permanent - a node tree is broken after reopening Octane. Please fix it asap.
Attachments
geonodessubd.jpg
Last edited by smicha on Mon May 29, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby -rb- » Mon May 29, 2017 11:20 am

-rb- Mon May 29, 2017 11:20 am
Wholeheartedly agree with Smicha's points!

- Rich
-rb-
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ArchMP » Mon May 29, 2017 5:54 pm

ArchMP Mon May 29, 2017 5:54 pm
Agree me too.
It seemed resolved, but I was wrong.
Attachments
Precalculating.JPG
Precalculating.JPG (10.12 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
ArchMP
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby CaptainCrowbar » Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm

CaptainCrowbar Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Has anyone tried the latest plugin with Sketchup 2016?
CaptainCrowbar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Notiusweb » Wed May 31, 2017 7:11 pm

Notiusweb Wed May 31, 2017 7:11 pm
I absolutely LOVE this new build format (the MAP....YESSSS!!!!), I think it opens the door for some of the animation ideas that had in past been floated around.

And I have some ideas:

1) If the plugin and viewport be made dockable in the SketchUp Application itself that would be awesome, maybe there would be some already existing bridgeable docking solution if not directly able to be docked?
2) Could there be a 'master options' component at some point? It would be cool to have an option to have all scenes load up with a preference (i.e. 500 s/px vs 5000 s/px, for example.)
3) It feels like the Undo would be mega useful here, as I have screwed up scenes without realizing it, and could not figure out what I did...
4) With regard to #3, could there be an option to reset all scene elements as if the scene was first loaded? (Unless I am wrong and there is a way already?)

My little workaround:
1) In the Node Graph Contents I see "Default View" is listed alphabetically, but in a scene that has many many components it can be annoying to find, so in the Node Inspector on the right I change the name to "! Default View", so it brings it to the top alphabetically.

Yeah, the Material Picker is going to be the Big One, can't wait to see that working!...

COOL!!!
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:35 am

azen Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:35 am
ArchMP wrote:Sorry Man!.
Another bug here.

Engine doesn't render some groups / components
(see Pictures)
Solved exploding them.

===========================

Now finally we have local DB, but all assigned materials inside Octane Engine are lost closing render window or pressing stop button ... each time. DOH!

Hi ArchMP,

I'm looking into the Group Rendering issue that you raised. Is there anymore info you can provide regarding the steps it took to trigger this? If possible, would you be able to share this scene with me?

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby CaptainCrowbar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:56 am

CaptainCrowbar Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:56 am
Notiusweb wrote:1) If the plugin and viewport be made dockable in the SketchUp Application itself that would be awesome, maybe there would be some already existing bridgeable docking solution if not directly able to be docked?
2) Could there be a 'master options' component at some point? It would be cool to have an option to have all scenes load up with a preference (i.e. 500 s/px vs 5000 s/px, for example.)
3) It feels like the Undo would be mega useful here, as I have screwed up scenes without realizing it, and could not figure out what I did...
4) With regard to #3, could there be an option to reset all scene elements as if the scene was first loaded? (Unless I am wrong and there is a way already?)

(1) - This may be possible in the long run, but at the moment differences between the way the SU and Octane windows work makes it impossible. Will keep the idea in mind.
(2) - This sounds interesting, can you suggest some more details about how you imagine it?
(3) - Yes, a better undo is definitely on the shortlist for the near future.
(4) - Reset option is a good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the enthusiastic support!
CaptainCrowbar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Notiusweb » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:02 am

Notiusweb Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:02 am
CaptainCrowbar wrote:
Notiusweb wrote:1) If the plugin and viewport be made dockable in the SketchUp Application itself that would be awesome, maybe there would be some already existing bridgeable docking solution if not directly able to be docked?

(1) - This may be possible in the long run, but at the moment differences between the way the SU and Octane windows work makes it impossible. Will keep the idea in mind.
(2) - This sounds interesting, can you suggest some more details about how you imagine it?
(3) - Yes, a better undo is definitely on the shortlist for the near future.
(4) - Reset option is a good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the enthusiastic support!

Hello, thinking for #2 it could be accessed from the Extensions Menu in Sketchup > Octane > "Plugin Settings" (this would be created by you, where it has 'Octane Editor', 'Manual', 'License', 'About', etc...), and then one option in the Plugin Settings could be a scene default s/px, or something named like that, which would allow the user to set their own defaulted s/px preference. I know that the Standalone doesn't have that option, so it wouldn't be in the File>Preferences area. The standalone defaults to 16,000. The plugin defaults to 5,000. So perhaps whatever the user enters could act as an override to that existing default 5,000 s/px parameter upon opening up the plugin.
Not a big thing, just imagine it could save one the trouble of going to the Kernel settings and sliding the # down each time...maybe this specific type thing would put brakes on the running GPU thing too?

Really great work, and looking forward to the development!
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:08 am

smicha Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:08 am
+1 for Notiusweb remarks

PS. ... and please correct all the bugs first... ;)
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ArchMP » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:08 am

ArchMP Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:08 am
I'm looking into the Group Rendering issue that you raised. Is there anymore info you can provide regarding the steps it took to trigger this? If possible, would you be able to share this scene with me?

Of course!
I have partially understood what the problem is.
Some Group / Components contain root sub-objects on other layers, which if they are turned off are not rendered by OCTANE, but are still visible on the SU viewport. It might also be a treat, but in fact there is no correspondence between what I see and what I do.
Attachments
Layers.rar
(440.37 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
ArchMP
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to SketchUp