OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06 TEST 4

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06 TEST 4
A forum where development builds are posted for testing by the community.
Forum rules
NOTE: The software in this forum is not %100 reliable, they are development builds and are meant for testing by experienced octane users. If you are a new octane user, we recommend to use the current stable release from the 'Commercial Product News & Releases' forum.

OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06 TEST 4

Postby abstrax » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:43 pm

abstrax Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:43 pm
Hi all,

This is hopefully the last test release of the 3.06 development cycle, mostly tweaking the new features and fixing as many bugs as possible. You can find a detailed description of the new 3.06 features in this thread.

Changes since version 3.06 TEST 3:

• Added a general shadow pass, which shows all direct light shadows that are calculated on the first bounce. This includes sun light, but excludes sky light or texture environment if importance sampling is disabled or the texture environment doesn't consist of an image. The reason for this limitation is that those light sources are not included in the direct light calculation and Octane doesn't shoot an explicit shadow ray and with that can't calculate a shadow.
  • Adaptive sampling tweaks: Transparent pixels stop at minimum samples and the value range of the expected exposure matches now the exposure of the imager node.
  • Merged the greyscale, spectrum and normal texture evaluation into one function. The texture evaluation adapts to the correct texture fetch mode depending on the use of the evaluated texture. As a side effect, you can now add normal textures and also multiply them with a greyscale texture.
  • Triplanar map textures can now be nested.
  • Fixed default name of the triplanar projection node and changed the default name of the triplanar texture to "Triplanar map".
  • Trying to improve error messages when the sign on fails.
  • Fixed crash in PMC when the maximum samples have been reached.
  • Fixed a deadlock when rendering is stopped while tone mapping is in progress.
  • Fixed issue that rendering won't restart if you stopped rendering during deep pixel binning.
  • Fixed broken falloff texture in the texture environment.
  • Fixed missing updates of the texture environment when importance sampling is enabled.
  • Fixed info passes / info channel kernel on Fermi GPUs.
  • Fixed output directory if render passes are exported as separate PNG files.
  • Fixed odd file numbering in the batch render script.
  • It's now possible to use subscription and non-subscription licenses on the same machine. Please note that the type of license required is still depending on the type of build you are using.

Downloads for users with a regular license

regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)

Downloads for users with a subscription license

subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)

Photoshop workflow plugin download

A new version of the Photoshop plugin (1.0.5) has been made available, containing the following changes:

• Added support for noise layer added in v3.06.
  • Added support for Photoshop 2017.

You can download and install the plugin either via the Adobe Exchange platform or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.

Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)

Happy rendering,
Your OTOY NZ Team
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06 TEST 4 [latest 3.xx]

Postby Hesekiel2517 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:30 pm

Hesekiel2517 Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:30 pm
Very nice! Thank you!
Hesekiel2517
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rrbarb » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 pm

rrbarb Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 pm
ThankYou for the update.

./rrb
rrbarb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:08 am

FrankPooleFloating Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:08 am
Thanks so much Marcus & Co!

Edit: I have been playing with General Shadow Pass and it is almost bringing tears to my eyes... like an effing dream come true. :shock: This is the shadow pass I have been yearning for!

THANK YOU GUYS!
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PolderAnimation » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:00 pm

PolderAnimation Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:00 pm
FrankPooleFloating wrote:Thanks so much Marcus & Co!

Edit: I have been playing with General Shadow Pass and it is almost bringing tears to my eyes... like an effing dream come true. :shock: This is the shadow pass I have been yearning for!

THANK YOU GUYS!

Yup same here!!
Win 10 64bit | RTX 3090 | i9 7960X | 64GB
PolderAnimation
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 pm

calus Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 pm
abstrax wrote:
  • Merged the greyscale, spectrum and normal texture evaluation into one function. The texture evaluation adapts to the correct texture fetch mode depending on the use of the evaluated texture. As a side effect, you can now add normal textures and also multiply them with a greyscale texture.

Works nicely, many thanks :)
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mikinik » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:50 pm

mikinik Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:50 pm
vijay_thirukonda, in continuation of our conversation. This picture is correct?
01.jpg

02.jpg

I just lowered the noise threshold during the rendering, lowered it from 0.1 to 0.01. This is 3.06 t4 version.
It comes out that the noise threshold is achieved in direct light longer time than where only global illumination and where only global illumination, the noise threshold is reached sooner? How is that possible?
r9 3900x/64Gb/2070s/2070/win10x64/3dsmax2021
mikinik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:54 pm

abstrax Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:54 pm
mikinik wrote: vijay_thirukonda, in continuation of our conversation. This picture is correct?
01.jpg

02.jpg

I just lowered the noise threshold during the rendering, lowered it from 0.1 to 0.01. This is 3.06 t4 version.
It comes out that the noise threshold is achieved in direct light longer time than where only global illumination and where only global illumination, the noise threshold is reached sooner? How is that possible?

Could you please post the scene with the settings you used? And did you use network rendering? Thanks.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BorisGoreta » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:58 pm

BorisGoreta Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:58 pm
Could you confirm that out of core is working on the nodes since I can't get it to work on all versions in the last 6 months. On local GPUs it works but on nodes it throws errors that out of core ran out of memory.
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mikinik » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 pm

mikinik Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 pm
abstrax, hi! Any settings do not affect this bug. This happens with the default values and if the sampling parameters are configured differently.
This bug is the same in direct lighting and pathtracing kernel. Network rendering I do not use. The last time the settings were:
04.jpg

Here's another strange picture:
06.jpg

05.jpg

Where direct light from portal, noise threshold is not reached for some reason.
r9 3900x/64Gb/2070s/2070/win10x64/3dsmax2021
mikinik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Development Build Releases