OctaneRender 3 for Poser (Windows/OSX) [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for Poser (Windows/OSX) [TEST and STABLE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender 3 for Poser (Windows/OSX) [TEST and STABLE]

Postby face_off » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:50 am

face_off Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:50 am
So that you can't reproduce the issue, it's on my end. That's good to know.

Sorry for not being clear, in the last sentence. It was really confusing =)
I added two more screen caps to show what I tried to say (on left: how it was initially converted from Poser -> OR plug in; right side is after loading the mat. from the LiveDB)
The plug in version I'm currently using is 3.5.3.80
I happen to have older versions, back to 3.4.0.78 on my hdd, which I quickly installed and tried. The result was the same as described above.

To be honest ... I'm not losing any sleep over this. I just disconnect the pin(s), save the materials back to my local DB/hdd and all is good
The "brick_bump" image is fine. The "stone_normal" is not. I don't understand what could be causing your system to be producing different results to mine. As a test, could you pls delete C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\OctaneRender\cache and try again?

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Erick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:29 am

Erick Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:29 am
if I'm the only one this is happening to, I don't want you to waste to much time on this issue, as it's not critical for me.
I'm sure there will be others this happens to - so keen to find a solution - but I am perplexed as to why it is not happening for me. I will do a build with 3.06 TEST 3 and we can see if it changes anything.

Paul
Erick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby spartan00j » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:03 am

spartan00j Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:03 am
face_off wrote:
I have a question. Are you going to add a XYZ trans feature to the Proxy setting? So we will be able to move it around in poser plugin,
Doing this would require a lot of internal changes to the plugin - so it's not something that I can do in the short-term.

Paul

Hey, Paul

What about the NodeGraph feature. That can't just be for textures. Remember in my earlier post I used it to get the VDB files into poser (can't remember how I did it) before you added the Proxy feature to the node type selection. You can choose all the nodes in the plugins NodeGraph that are in the stand-Alone, including the placement node, Plus geometry out node. It's just a shot in the dark. I don't know if you thought about this already but it could be a temporary workaround.

thanks
Win 10
Threadripper 1920x
128GB RAM
RTX 3060 TI
spartan00j
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby spartan00j » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:18 am

spartan00j Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:18 am
spartan00j wrote:
face_off wrote:
I have a question. Are you going to add a XYZ trans feature to the Proxy setting? So we will be able to move it around in poser plugin,
Doing this would require a lot of internal changes to the plugin - so it's not something that I can do in the short-term.

Paul

Hey, Paul

What about the NodeGraph feature. That can't just be for textures. Remember in my earlier post I used it to get the VDB files into poser (can't remember how I did it) before you added the Proxy feature to the node type selection. You can choose all the nodes in the plugins NodeGraph that are in the stand-Alone, including the placement node, Plus geometry out node. It's just a shot in the dark. I don't know if you thought about this already but it could be a temporary workaround.

thanks

Paul,
I was able to recreate importing the VDB into Octane poser plugin through the NodeGraph. I attached a placement node to the VDB and it moved the Volume in the poser viewport. So I guess it can be done.
Attachments
got it.jpg
Win 10
Threadripper 1920x
128GB RAM
RTX 3060 TI
spartan00j
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:06 am

face_off Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:06 am
Yes, that may be an option (and is what I have implemented in the ArchiCAD plugin).

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby TRRazor » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:45 pm

TRRazor Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:45 pm
Regarding the wrong behavior of bumps / normal maps, when using RedSpec shaders:
As some of you have already mentioned, RedSpec was designed in OctaneRender for Poser times, when the plug-in didn't support the usage of bump and normals at the same time, hence the now introduced changed behavior of 0,0,0 normal maps might introduce a problem.

We will look into this and update the Poser shaders accordingly, with the MK3 update coming soon.
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby RGUS » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:10 pm

RGUS Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:10 pm
TRRazor wrote:Regarding the wrong behavior of bumps / normal maps, when using RedSpec shaders:
As some of you have already mentioned, RedSpec was designed in OctaneRender for Poser times, when the plug-in didn't support the usage of bump and normals at the same time, hence the now introduced changed behavior of 0,0,0 normal maps might introduce a problem.

We will look into this and update the Poser shaders accordingly, with the MK3 update coming soon.

This would be great, will you notify existing clients, supporters, people that bought your products when this release has happened, or do we stumble across it's release in the forums here somewhere? It's hard to find links to purchased products and updates with an email sent to existing customers.
Thanks for your great efforts.

Still looking for an oily slippery shader for G3, wet is wet, yes... but oily is oily.
WEB: http://rgus.deviantart.com/
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
RAM: 64GB
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 Pro
OCTANE PLUGIN VERSION: 2022.1..1.302 Prime
DAZ STUDIO VERSION: 4.21.0.5 Pro Edition (64 bit)
RGUS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:19 am

TRRazor Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:19 am
Hey Deane,

nope, you'll definitely be informed via e-Mail of that update, as an existing customer.
We'll also post it here in the forums and on our deviantart journal.
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 pm

face_off Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 pm
Following is a pre-release of the plugin compiled with Octane 3.06 TEST 4, which will hopefully resolve the issues people have had with Normal maps in previous Octane 3.06 releases.

3.6.3.82 pre-release
- Compiled with Octane 3.06 TEST 4
- Fixed issue where the Scatter mesh type was not working. If you change a figure/prop from Scatter or Proxy or Mesh, the scene will refresh if the Viewport is open

https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/ea/45/89/35/OctaneRender_for_Poser_3_6_3_82_Win64.exe

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Erick » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:15 am

Erick Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:15 am
Amazing! Thanks for the update, Paul.
With the quick test I did, everything looks and works great, yet. The issue with the Normal maps seems to be gone for good. :D
Erick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Poser