Arch horizon rendering help

Forums: Arch horizon rendering help
Discuss or ask critique about your current works
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the left right corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and use pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Arch horizon rendering help

Postby Jukyan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:09 am

Jukyan Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:09 am
Hi,
i'm currently preparing animations where I have to render a large city from a sky point of view, with horizon visible.
I have a regular octane sunlight & a HDRI picture set as visible env. in a Environment Tag.

Problem is that I dont know how to make it look better, best would be a kind of atmospheric attenuation effect, but i need the less rendering costly option.
The camera is moving from very detailed in-city close-ups to the sky , so a fixed geometry doesnt work well...

I htought there must be someone out there who already had to figure out such issue...
I'm open to AE compositing solutions as well, but best would be smthing at rendering time.

Here is the current render look : /
www.atelier-aeuglein.de/pics/0_2k_diff32_0500.jpg

Thanks for any help !
Jukyan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Arch horizon rendering help

Postby mojave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:11 am

mojave Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:11 am
You could use an environment medium or if that slows down rendering more than you can assume, you could also generate a Z-depth pass and use it as a mask for compositing in AE.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jukyan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:32 am

Jukyan Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:32 am
I tried these :
fog medium is incompatible with my timing,
and Z-depth simply doesn't work...
Jukyan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:10 am

bepeg4d Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:10 am
Hi Jukyan,
z-depth works as it should, just remember that the depth is in meters, and to export the pass in tonemapped mode.
Alternatively, you can add some concentric cylinders, or emispheres, or planes, with a diffuse light gray, and low opacity.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Works In Progress