Octane Render for SketchUp 3.04.4.7 Test Release

Forums: Octane Render for SketchUp 3.04.4.7 Test Release
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: Octane Render for SketchUp 3.04.4.7 Test Release

Postby haze » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:28 pm

haze Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:28 pm
ff7darkcloud wrote:Hello, I keep getting this bug I mentioned before. Where the geometry keeps reloading after the viewport is closed.

It happens more often when I explode an object. Iam using the SketchUp 2017 plugin.

Thanks.

Thanks for the bug report, I couldn't reproduce this but I'll ask CC to investigate.
haze
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby -rb- » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:00 pm

-rb- Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:00 pm
haze wrote:
-rb- wrote:Having said that...

Materials developed in node view aren't saved with the file (so defaulting when file saved and re-opened), material names not updating in the old UI - some materials (loaded from LiveDB) appearing in node view but not in old material picker UI :| ...And no 'undo's' - tell me we'll have undo's...

SU 16.0.19912 Win 10 Pro

- Rich

Materials created/edited using the node graph editor should be saved with the .skp, if it isn't, that's a bug. Confirmed material names not updating, will get CC to fix that.

The node graph editor is an Octane core feature, so we will need to investigate the undo system issue separately to the plugin. Thanks for the report!

Yeah this release is completely unusable for me because I can't tell which materials are which - and also no saving of any material properties...Urk

- Rich
-rb-
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby haze » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:23 pm

haze Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:23 pm
-rb- wrote:Yeah this release is completely unusable for me because I can't tell which materials are which - and also no saving of any material properties...Urk
- Rich

CC has now fixed the material names. Material properties should always be saved. Would you mind detailing the steps you take for us to reproduce the problem? Thank you
haze
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby -rb- » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:50 am

-rb- Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:50 am
Hey Haze,

I set up some materials, hit save, close and re-open the file - materials have all defaulted to default material (colour, diffuse, etc.) - that's pretty much the ins and outs...Don't think there's anything out of the ordinary in process - must be something to do with my setup?

- Rich
-rb-
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby haze » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:30 pm

haze Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:30 pm
-rb- wrote:Hey Haze,

I set up some materials, hit save, close and re-open the file - materials have all defaulted to default material (colour, diffuse, etc.) - that's pretty much the ins and outs...Don't think there's anything out of the ordinary in process - must be something to do with my setup?

- Rich

Hi Rich, I've just tried with Sketchup 2016.1.1449 on Win 10 pro and couldn't make it happen, would you be able to upgrade your Sketchup to the newest 2016 version and try again?
haze
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby kudim » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:05 pm

kudim Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:05 pm
Hello! Where are NEWS about plugin?
kudim
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby haze » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:19 pm

haze Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:19 pm
Hi kudim, right now all our resources are on preparing a major update to the plugin, which will improve workflow dramatically. Once ready we will pass it on to our internal tester, and fix any issues that arise.

Some of this workflow upgrade actually depends on Octane core changes, which makes the process more complicated (and rigorous), as any changes to core also affect all other plugins.

Once we have some more clear estimates, we will post an update in the forum. CC is currently making the material node graph persistent, so that we can reuse Octane standalone components (which are high quality and fully featured) directly inside the sketchup plugin. Our goal is to end up with what looks like Octane Standalone, running directly inside the Sketchup plugin.
haze
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby smicha » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 pm

smicha Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 pm
haze wrote:Hi kudim, right now all our resources are on preparing a major update to the plugin, which will improve workflow dramatically. Once ready we will pass it on to our internal tester, and fix any issues that arise.

Some of this workflow upgrade actually depends on Octane core changes, which makes the process more complicated (and rigorous), as any changes to core also affect all other plugins.

Once we have some more clear estimates, we will post an update in the forum. CC is currently making the material node graph persistent, so that we can reuse Octane standalone components (which are high quality and fully featured) directly inside the sketchup plugin. Our goal is to end up with what looks like Octane Standalone, running directly inside the Sketchup plugin.

I cannot believe it :D so many years - fingers crossed, seriously - I wish you all the best guys in delivering it.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 pm

smicha Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 pm
Haze,

Just one huge wish - the node editor shall have import geometry/scene nodes just to replace original SU geometry with proxies. Is it too much to ask? :)
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby haze » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:23 pm

haze Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:23 pm
smicha wrote:Haze,

Just one huge wish - the node editor shall have import geometry/scene nodes just to replace original SU geometry with proxies. Is it too much to ask? :)

If I'm understanding correctly, then yes - this will be our objective soon after finalising the bidirectional comms between skp and the plugin. Apart from just the material node graph, we will also have a geometry node graph, and eventually we plan to support editing of more types of nodes (eg post proc, etc). But just be aware that this is targeted for after the release of the major upcoming changes.
haze
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to SketchUp