Development Excitement

Forums: Development Excitement
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: Development Excitement

Postby haze » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:58 pm

haze Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:58 pm
smicha wrote:
This is what I've been waiting for years...

When?

At the moment we're testing stability, and we've already identified and made some workflow improvements. We're particularly concerned about increasing complexity unnecessarily.

At the moment, CC is working on embedding images created by the plugin directly in .skp, as part of this major update. This will fix a long standing problem that meant multiple people working on the same scene at different times was nearly impossible.

I'll have an update for you in a few hours after I've talked to testers and got some feedback
haze
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby smicha » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:03 pm

smicha Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:03 pm
haze wrote:
smicha wrote:
This is what I've been waiting for years...

When?

At the moment we're testing stability, and we've already identified and made some workflow improvements. We're particularly concerned about increasing complexity unnecessarily.

At the moment, CC is working on embedding images created by the plugin directly in .skp, as part of this major update. This will fix a long standing problem that meant multiple people working on the same scene at different times was nearly impossible.

I'll have an update for you in a few hours after I've talked to testers and got some feedback

Azen,

Will we have support for the layers panel plugin? Or just the nodal approach will handle only materials? Will we be able to use obj files and scatter nodes inside the nodal approach?
My wishes - about 2 years old - are here:
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=41560
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby haze » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:25 am

haze Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:25 am
The test release has been made available here:
viewtopic.php?p=295956#p295956

I've had a look at the layers panel plugin, but it seems like it's no longer supported by the developer, and doesn't work fully for SKP 2017 - we could look at supporting it anyway, but this will probably take some time.

The first part phase of our octane node graph mods is to enable material editing - the second phase as currently documented internally will bring support for geometry too. We are currently prioritising the UI overhaul before this, so that we can remove the Flash code as soon as possible.
haze
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to SketchUp