Plugin request

Forums: Plugin request
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

Plugin request

Postby saikafu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:48 am

saikafu Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:48 am
is possible to make the exporter for zbrush?
i think it will be popular for zb user
any idea?
saikafu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Plugin request

Postby radiance » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:27 pm

radiance Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:27 pm
Hey,

Is'nt zbrush usually combined in usage with a tool like maya, 3ds max or softimage ?

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby saikafu » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:31 pm

saikafu Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:31 pm
i think when user combine zb and other 3d app that mean the model need to retopo or make animation , but some user maybe want only create a still and all done in zb (model , texture) . when user want to get a nice image ,but zb doesn't have good enough render engine now (maybe use a lot passes can do that but not the best and usable ).so i think maybe this plugin will good for zb user...

sorry about my pool english .
saikafu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:05 pm

radiance Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:05 pm
I think zbrush really needs a 3d app to be usefull.
Rendering just sculpted models is not enough, people would want to add an environment etc not ?

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby kurtjn » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:26 pm

kurtjn Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:26 pm
radiance wrote:I think zbrush really needs a 3d app to be usefull.
Rendering just sculpted models is not enough, people would want to add an environment etc not ?

Radiance

Many artists use Zbrush for creating models and *scenes but even though it has its own Rendering system, there are no meshes until export.. the program is said to be 2.5D rather than 3D. I would love to see Octane for Zbrush but I don't think it's possible at this time anyways. Many artists that use Zbrush also use it for HD sculpting/Meshes, Posing and Rendering realism but because the sculpts in the program are not meshes until exported, it uses a biased rendering system. The whole program is built upon and intensely optimized for using CPU power with advanced algorithms for speed & performance etc. It's said that Pixologic believes strongly that because the CPU is universal across computers, it would win over GPU.. I'm learning this in my Zbrush Cert class but we never know what Pixologic might surprise us with ;) I see that both GPUs and CPUs will either be combined or just keep growing in their own field just as they are now because each architecture is great in their own way -kind of like areas of the brain designed for different purposes. It would be amazing to see sculptures created in real-time with physically correct lighting & shading etc. - I think this has to happen just like sculpting in real life.. seeing your digital art being sculpted with photorealism in real-time. Zbrush has an optional plugin/scripting support and you may be able to send your models (just like export or the Goz export) over to Octane but this likely wouldn't be real-time but it still could be amazing especially if Octane could retain the textures/material settings and maybe the light positions from Zbrush.. I would still see value in this for Zbrush because to manually set up your lighting in Maya from Zbrush and then setup Octane and manually apply Octane's materials/textures can be very time consuming, especially if all you want is a poster or an idea how your sculpture will look with physically correct lighting/shading etc with your textures/materials in tact.
Asus G75V Win 8 Pro 64 | Geforce GTX660M 2GB| i7 3610QM 2.3GHZ | 8GB | Octane Render for Maya 2014 V 1.20
kurtjn
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support