OctaneRender 3 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for Modo [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Modo 3.03.2 [TEST]

Postby Tharso » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Tharso Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:15 pm
face_off wrote:
When I click on edit node graph, octane nodegraph dont open if I create a new material and keep the octane viewport open.
Yes, that's correct - you need the material (Octane Override) to be being used in the scene before it can be edited. I will try to remove this limitation in the next month or so.

Paul

Ok Thanks
Tharso
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Visualize » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:51 pm

Visualize Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:51 pm
Can I access or download the octane livedb without having the standalone version? I only use the modo plug in. The documentation doesn't really say much and it looks like the process of accessing the live database was changed a few months ago. Please let me know.

Thanks again for all the help.

Edit:

Nevermind. I will just use octane standalone for it. Thought it was going to use more ram but it's fine.

I don't see where to scale the noise texture though. It doesn't show it like the video
Visualize
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:48 pm

smicha Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:48 pm
Paul,

Update on mouse button release unticked does not update on the fly the viewport.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:04 pm

smicha Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:04 pm
Another thing with node graphs - is there any chance to add plugin inputs from standalone node graphs in modo automatically? Please take a look at the screenshot.
Attachments
nodegraph1.jpg
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:53 am

face_off Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:53 am
Update on mouse button release unticked does not update on the fly the viewport.
It might take a Refresh in order for this setting to take effect. What specifically is not updating on the fly?

Another thing with node graphs - is there any chance to add plugin inputs from standalone node graphs in modo automatically? Please take a look at the screenshot.
This is a good suggestion - but something I would prefer to put on hold for the moment. It's possible the Open Shader Language implementation may change how the NodeGraph is implemented in the plugin.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby smicha » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:27 am

smicha Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:27 am
face_off wrote:
It might take a Refresh in order for this setting to take effect. What specifically is not updating on the fly?

Paul

I meant the the viewport is not updating while changing a scene but only when I release a mouse button. See the screenshot. (PS sorry for error 'keep holding' not 'holgind'.)
Attachments
vieportupdate.jpg
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:41 am

face_off Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:41 am
I meant the the viewport is not updating while changing a scene but only when I release a mouse button.
Yes, regretfully whilst holding the mouse button down to move the camera, Modo withholds all updates until you release the mouse button. Yes can see this if you look at the camera transform in Modo - it is only updated when you release the mouse button. So this is a limitation of Modo.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby smicha » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:46 am

smicha Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:46 am
Thanks Paul.

I just thought that the 'update on mouse button release' is responsible for that. Anyway thank you so much for your fantastic work and awesome plugin. I am slowly getting used to it moving from the Standalone.
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:00 am

face_off Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:00 am
Below is a pre-release of the next version, for users wanting to try new features (which may or may not be robust).

- Changing the Render->Frame->Resolution Units now correctly reframes/rezooms the Octane Viewport
- Changes to a Morph Influence now trigger a reloading of the parent mesh if that mesh has Live Geometry Update enabled
- Added octane.uploadFrame to upload the currently rendering scene to the OctaneRender Cloud. The upload status is in the render statistics. octane.cancelUpload will cancel the upload
- Renamed "Load All Frames Into Octane" to "Object Motion Blur"
- Added "Camera Motion Blur" checkbox
- EXPERIMENTAL: Added Proxy meshes to Modo Item items. This allows you to specify an OCS or ORBX file in the Mesh->Octane properties and the mesh item from that file will be rendered instead of the Modo Mesh item. This is only available if Live Geometry Update is OFF.
- Added "Use Checkerboard For Alpha" to the Preferences->Octane panel
- The octane.saveAnimation command now deletes the temporary ABC file created if exporting to the .orbx format

https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloads/plugins/a5/b1/a2/4b/OctaneRender_for_Modo901_3_3_2_112_64bit.exe

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby smicha » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:55 am

smicha Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:55 am
Paul,
You are the man! ocs and proxy :) I'll test is asap while back from vacations.
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo