Orbx media player

Forums: Orbx media player
Discussion forum for ORBX.js

Orbx media player

Postby marchermitte » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:26 pm

marchermitte Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:26 pm
Hello!
I went in the Oculus website, opened an account and tried to download the Orbx media player.
My understanding was that an Octane scene saved as an orbx could be opened with the orbx media player and thanks to the lightfield technology, displayed as an Holographic "3d" image that one could "visit" in real time.
The Orbx media player from the Oculus website (free) doesn't seem to be downloadable and would only work with a Samsung Galaxy phone.
I'm trying to establish a workflow that would allow my clients to visit interactivly their architectural project thanks to an occulus vr gear and the Orbx media player (lightfield baking) or at least with a nice stereo VR panorama.

Could anyone clear up things a bit, I'm a total noob in the VR world, especially with what Octane can output using the Lightfield tech and how to use It. (I think I got the panorama in stereo at least the theory)

Thank you a thousand times
Marc Hermitte
Intel I7 4.5 Ghz, 24 gig ram, 2x Nvidia GTX 480, win 764bits
marchermitte
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Orbx media player

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:58 am

bepeg4d Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:58 am
Hi marchermitte,
you should refer to this forum section about Orbx media player. In short, VR experience is limited by what a certain platform can offer. Currently Orbx media player is available for Samsung Gear VR only, that is limited at what a cellphone can do, for now.
For this, you need a Samsung S6/S7 with Gear VR HMD, then you can download Orbx media player and load to the phone your VR experience based on a series of panoramic stereo cube maps at high resolution connected toghether with a Lua script. It is possible to add hotspots and an animated layer. In this long discussion you can find some examples:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=49621&start=60#p251638
I guess it should be a good starting point, let me know if you need more info ;)
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby marchermitte » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:06 pm

marchermitte Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:06 pm
Ok, thank you Beppe!
I hoped I would be able to use It directly on PC but that's fine, I will have to invest a littme more and get that Samsung.
Will It work with stereoscopic images then? (I mean 360 and stereoscopic at the same time?)
Sorry for my absolute beginner questions...
Marc Hermitte
Intel I7 4.5 Ghz, 24 gig ram, 2x Nvidia GTX 480, win 764bits
marchermitte
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:42 am

bepeg4d Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:42 am
Yes sure, since the vision is splitted for the two eyes, the stereoscopic effect is very good, and you can exasperate or reduce the effect by changing the eye distance value in the camera stereo settings:
image.png

ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby pegot » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:24 pm

pegot Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:24 pm
Definitely try before you buy. I returned my phone and gear VR as I wasn't quite satisfied with the resolution. The wow factor quickly fades after you realize what limitations you are stuck with. But that was a few years ago with a Galaxy 4. Maybe the updated tech has better resolution now?
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff
GTX 1080ti SC Black (wc)
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby secretgarden » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:36 am

secretgarden Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:36 am
bepeg4d wrote:Hi marchermitte,
you should refer to this forum section about Orbx media player. In short, VR experience is limited by what a certain platform can offer. Currently Orbx media player is available for Samsung Gear VR only, that is limited at what a cellphone can do, for now. And I do recommend using a VPN - you can review the best vpns here.
For this, you need a Samsung S6/S7 with Gear VR HMD, then you can download Orbx media player and load to the phone your VR experience based on a series of panoramic stereo cube maps at high resolution connected toghether with a Lua script. It is possible to add hotspots and an animated layer. In this long discussion you can find some examples:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=49621&start=60#p251638
You'll need the best web hosting reddit as well.
To get it, you can also look at the best proxies
For bitcoin storage, pick the best hardware wallets on Reddit.
Also for a comparison of password managers, checkout the best password managers on Reddit.
I guess it should be a good starting point, let me know if you need more info ;)
Don't forget to calculate your gains on your crypto, this crypto tax post is very helpful!
ciao beppe

Is it working on Oculus Quest?
secretgarden

Return to ORBX.js