Octane Render at siggraph 2010

Forums: Octane Render at siggraph 2010
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Octane Render at siggraph 2010

Postby [gk] » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:31 am

[gk] Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:31 am
Caustic that owns splutterfish has developed a raytrace api, its OpenRL not OpenCL.
They recently contracted with e-on that does vue under cover name called LumenRT.
Amiga 1000 with 2mb memory card
[gk]
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Chris_TC » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 am

Chris_TC Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 am
havensole wrote:give the "competition" some worry. :)

Strike fear into their hearts... I like it :twisted:
Chris_TC
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby EricNV » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:29 pm

EricNV Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:29 pm
Oh, and the question I heard the most during all of Siggraph was "Are you Radiance?" or "Is Radiance here?" Even by people who aren't users yet, so Octane, and especially Radiance, is getting the word out there.
I can vouch for this as well. Alot of people I spoke with at SIGGRAPH were very impressed by what Radiance has accomplished so far.

Yes, Cubix/Refractive pictures from SIGGRAPH to follow shortly :)
EricNV
EricNV
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby EricNV » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:46 pm

EricNV Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:46 pm
I think Haven Sole would agree that while Wednesday was the busiest day, Thursday was what had us saying "We're going to need a much bigger booth next year in Vancouver". (Radiance had better be there with us next year!) The companies that came by to see us were, to put it mildly, mind-blowing. People who do work on the biggest Hollywood blockbusters were praising both companies products, and I'm already planning to send eval equipment to a couple of them as early as next week. Others want to put us under NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before talking further about their opportunities over the next several days.

I have not been to a more exciting, well-worth-the-time, and interesting trade show as SIGGRAPH. The two big topics in everybody's conversations were "3D" and "GPU-rendering", and Octane Render will most definitely be on the minds of artists and companies ranging from the single user to large production companies as a result (at least in part) of our showing at SIGGRAPH.

EricNV
EricNV
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby havensole » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:25 pm

havensole Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:25 pm
Yeah. Tuesday was great for general traffic. Wednesday was great with lots of questions about the future of Octane/Cubix, and Thursday was full of people asking about big business stuff. Looks like a great future ahead with some interesting implementations.
System 1: EVGA gtx470 1280Mb and MSI gtx470 1280 in Cubix Xpander for Octane, AMD 945, 4Gb Ram
All systems are at stock speeds and settings.
havensole
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to News & Announcements