ORC failed

Forums: ORC failed
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

Re: ORC failed

Postby aoktar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:42 am

aoktar Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:42 am
bertritude wrote:Hi Aoktar,

ok, so how will I send a project with a TFD container to octane render cloud ?

I don't think that needed. Just show resulting orbx diagram. So i can understand better is it same issue or not.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Rikk The Gaijin Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:46 pm
fuzzybro wrote:Hi Rikk,

Hopefully it does, worth checking it out.
If it doesn't, we'll keep on looking for what could be wrong.
I've sent you an email.

Best,
Vladimir

Nope, sorry to say that the Upload Scene Snapshot feature is still broken in 3.03.2, the scene fails if I upload it that way. But I can successfully upload the ORBX file by using the ORC web interface, at least that seems to work now.
Another thing, please put a confirmation popup when you delete something from ORC, I clicked on the trash bin icon of an old scene by mistake, and now it's gone... :(
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Goldorak Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:46 pm
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:
fuzzybro wrote:Hi Rikk,

Hopefully it does, worth checking it out.
If it doesn't, we'll keep on looking for what could be wrong.
I've sent you an email.

Best,
Vladimir

Nope, sorry to say that the Upload Scene Snapshot feature is still broken in 3.03.2, the scene fails if I upload it that way. But I can successfully upload the ORBX file by using the ORC web interface, at least that seems to work now.
Another thing, please put a confirmation popup when you delete something from ORC, I clicked on the trash bin icon of an old scene by mistake, and now it's gone... :(

Thanks for the feedback Rikk.

Just to confirm, are you in fact using the scene snapshot feature from within C4D?

If so, and if it is not too much trouble, could you also test the scene snapshot system from within standalone? That can help us isolate if this issue is specific to C4D->ORC or with the snapshot feature in general.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby bertritude » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:32 pm

bertritude Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:32 pm
Hi,
I tried to export this scene from c4d to octane cloud and you can see result.orbx file enclosed.
The result in octane standalone isn't working...

Soe explanations ?

Thanks
Attachments
tmp_5196-Desktop-400911777.zip
(17.32 MiB) Downloaded 387 times
image004.jpg
image003.jpg
bertritude
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:53 pm

aoktar Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:53 pm
bertritude wrote:Hi,
I tried to export this scene from c4d to octane cloud and you can see result.orbx file enclosed.
The result in octane standalone isn't working...

Soe explanations ?

Thanks

I don't know reason but this looks like same issue which i notified yesterday. Export is being broken when you have any volume object. Pls try without volume object. If it's fine so that's what i'm saying.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Goldorak Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:56 pm
If exporting from C4D to ORBX and rendering that in standalone fails, then that means ORC probably won't render the scene either since it is also running independently of the plug-in and depends on the export process succeeding.

I have not seen reports of C4D->ORBX export not rendering, but if that's the case for you, we need to confirm why this happens and fix that as a first step to getting it rendering on ORC.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:48 am

Rikk The Gaijin Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:48 am
Goldorak wrote:Just to confirm, are you in fact using the scene snapshot feature from within C4D?

If so, and if it is not too much trouble, could you also test the scene snapshot system from within standalone? That can help us isolate if this issue is specific to C4D->ORC or with the snapshot feature in general.

What? C4D?? No no, never used C4D in my life, I'm talking about the Standalone
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:59 am

Goldorak Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:59 am
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:
Goldorak wrote:Just to confirm, are you in fact using the scene snapshot feature from within C4D?

What? C4D?? No no, never used C4D in my life, I'm talking about the Standalone

Sorry, I must have misunderstood the info Vlad shared with me. If this issue is happening with SE->ORC, but works from an ORBX, then it probably narrows things to the delta updating from Octane core->ORC. Hopefully Vlad can reproduce and fix quickly.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:32 am

Rikk The Gaijin Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:32 am
Goldorak wrote:If this issue is happening with SE->ORC, but works from an ORBX, then it probably narrows things to the delta updating from Octane core->ORC. Hopefully Vlad can reproduce and fix quickly.

That's correct, Standalone -> ORC fails, but ORBX -> ORC (through web interface) works.
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:51 am

Goldorak Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:51 am
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:
Goldorak wrote:If this issue is happening with SE->ORC, but works from an ORBX, then it probably narrows things to the delta updating from Octane core->ORC. Hopefully Vlad can reproduce and fix quickly.

That's correct, Standalone -> ORC fails, but ORBX -> ORC (through web interface) works.

OK I will ping Vlad and check in on an ETA for this. This is a high priority issue. Thanks for helping us resolve.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to OctaneRender Cloud