Octane V3 License Recovery

Forums: Octane V3 License Recovery
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Octane V3 License Web Deactivation

Postby abstrax » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:46 am

abstrax Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:46 am
philmaron wrote:Really? Today I came into the office, I was told "Octane Render Standalone is activated on another machine, please deactivate". Wow, yeah, plugin works fine, but not the engine. The system is perfect.

You probably use the offline licensing mode. In that mode licenses are not released when you close the application (please read the new features post for more details).

If you use version 3.01 or 3.02 and sign out, all licenses activated on that machine will be deactivated and when you launch Octane the next time, please make sure that you don't enable the offline licensing mode.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby CANDITO » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:39 am

CANDITO Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:39 am
Hello,

just a few question about the V3 new licensing system,
i've bought recently the V3 update (i'm a V2 user with the lw plugin),
but i didn't install it yet, i had too much work in progress, and didn't want
to mess up something in the middle of a big project.
just wanted to know if the use of v2 and v3 simulatenously on the same machine
is still possible with the new licensing system?

Also, it seems to rely a lot on web/internet access, does it still work when
we are offline? it can occur with web shutdowns or when i'm
working at places with no internet at all...
For example HDR studio only works with a network present,
i have to plug a USB internet key to get it work on remote places,
it's quite annoying...

Thanks a lot

Olivier
CANDITO
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:40 am

bepeg4d Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:40 am
Hi CANDITO,
yes sure, with v3 license you can still switch between v2 and v3, and you can always check the license status on your OctaneLive personal page. Here you can manually deactivate v2 as before, while v3 can deactivate automatically on exit or via sign-out button from Standalone and plugin.
The new SSO license system is a great step forward, if you are not used to move your license between different machines, now you can set your license as off-line ;)
Here you can find more info about the new SSO system:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=51679
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby CANDITO » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:03 pm

CANDITO Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:03 pm
Thanks a lot Beppe
Ciao
CANDITO
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby joecurrie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:04 pm

joecurrie Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:04 pm
Hi Guys,

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but every time I load up octane on my home machine I get 'All your licenses are currently being used" Even though each time I quit and shutdown my work machine correctly every time. Do I have to manually sign out each time? I don't get the problem the other way around, i.e. when loading up on work machine after quitting at home....

Just tried updating to the latest standalone/plugin 3.0.1.1 and now I get "Failed to find licenses for OctaneRender Standalone, OctaneRender for Cinema 4D"

Running out of deactivations.

Mac os X 10.11.5
Octane Versions 3.0.1.1
Mac OS X 10.11.4 - Cinema 4D R17 | Geforce GTX980 + 980ti | 32GB
joecurrie
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:12 pm

mojave Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:12 pm
joecurrie wrote:Hi Guys,

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but every time I load up octane on my home machine I get 'All your licenses are currently being used" Even though each time I quit and shutdown my work machine correctly every time. Do I have to manually sign out each time? I don't get the problem the other way around, i.e. when loading up on work machine after quitting at home....

Just tried updating to the latest standalone/plugin 3.0.1.1 and now I get "Failed to find licenses for OctaneRender Standalone, OctaneRender for Cinema 4D"

Mac os X 10.11.5
Octane Versions 3.0.1.1

Hi joecurrie,

Have you read this comment and tried already?
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby joecurrie » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:32 pm

joecurrie Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:32 pm
mojave wrote:
joecurrie wrote:Hi Guys,

Mac os X 10.11.5
Octane Versions 3.0.1.1

Hi joecurrie,

Have you read this comment and tried already?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Offline licensing was switched off, still get the same problem.

A quick question regarding offline licensing - My internet was down for a while today so it prompted me to sign in when C4D loaded, when I entered my information and pressed offline licensing it said something like 'SSO can't connect to server'. How exactly does offline licensing work? do you have to be online to enable offline licensing? Seems a bit odd to me, I ended up having to using my phone's personal hotspot just to load up octane in the end.
joecurrie
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby joecurrie » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:35 pm

joecurrie Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:35 pm
Just tried signing out manually in the C4D Octane settings panel and got this?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 20.34.19.jpg
joecurrie
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:48 pm

mojave Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:48 pm
joecurrie wrote:How exactly does offline licensing work? do you have to be online to enable offline licensing? Seems a bit odd to me

It might seem a bit counter-intuitive but it's not ;) Octane's licensing system uses a floating license scheme, which means that it is the server the one that accounts for the usage of licenses and dispatches available ones to your computer. For you to obtain a license you need to go online at least at the time of getting your license from the server for the first time (which happens when you sign in). With offline mode you can then make your machine completely offline and the license can still be used as it's locked to it.

joecurrie wrote:Just tried signing out manually in the C4D Octane settings panel and got this?

I will send you a PM to investigate this further.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BoyAndRobot » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:51 pm

BoyAndRobot Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:51 pm
Just say I have Octane V3 license, and I use it to deactivate an Octane V2 software. Will the "Unlocks Left" counter be decreased ?

Thanks.
BoyAndRobot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements