Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta ii [superseded]

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta ii [superseded]
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta ii [superseded]

Postby TIG » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:54 pm

TIG Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:54 pm
Here's beta.ii
Octane_1022ii.zip
(512.7 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
It follows on swiftly from hh which seems to have been a step backwards - it still has some streamlining of the checkbox and gpu coding...

My dear MAC testers... I have had further advice from ruby/js gurus... so yet another test... please try it...

Please note that ALL users should upgrade - it tests OK on the PC for me but recent changes to the html/rb might affect a very few PC users unexpectedly [like the annoying (but not fatal) js error message that happened with some Win7/Chrome users in earlier versions]...

So, MAC users, can you test it on a new SKP and see what the dialog checkboxes defaults to - initially they should all be unchecked except for the 'camera' checkbox which should have a tick... The text for the 'paths' etc should be auto-populated.

There must be a cross-platform solution to this weirdness... So thanks for your patience :roll:

Feedback please...
Last edited by TIG on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta ii

Postby Burkhard » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Burkhard Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 pm
All checked; Resolution is not available to set manually; Export sun direction is greyed out; GPU Devices are greyed out; Pixel Samples and Render Animation button are greyed out too.
Same as before.
Take a look at Bootcamp and all seems okay!

About the objekt rotation in Octane: The axes in Sketchup are in the center of my objects. In Octane it's far away.
How can I see the center in Octane?
How can I see if the geometrie has moved in the obj file?

It is not a scaling problem. My dimensions are exported in meters and is shown as meters in the export dialog.

The same happens with another model on Bootcamp. No others around with rotation problems in Octane?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:30 pm

TIG Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:30 pm
The 'populate' on MAC is still screwed up, compared to to the PC which is perfect! and I'm struggling to sort it as I type this... :roll:

I don't understand this 'origin' / rotation issue - I think it might be Octane itself not the SUp exporter that's at fault - the OBJ exactly mimics the SKP - so Octane is getting it wrong ??

I take it from your post that the PC version [run on a MAC] works OK :)

I am working on another radical fix for the MAC version :geek:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Burkhard » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Burkhard Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm
Not exactly. The rotation problem on Bootcamp was on Windows too.
But don't take time on that, because I have to make some more expirience.
The Exporter seems to be the first choice.
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp