OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.00

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.00
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.00 [current 3.xx]

Postby Zay » Thu May 26, 2016 5:32 am

Zay Thu May 26, 2016 5:32 am
abstrax wrote:I'm asking because in the screenshot you made, the calculated samples were higher than the max samples, not lower. Even the tonemapped samples were higher. Did you use PMC or another kernel? Is there any way for me how I can reproduce the problem?

Well, I'm just throwing it out there what I have observe if anyone should mention it again.
Lets forget the screenshot as I have only seen that happen one time only, but I have seen the render not ending on max samples several times now as in this screenshot.
stop.JPG

Pathtracing was used.

To me it seems random. I don't have a specific scene or a way to reproduce it - yet. But will let you know if I get one :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 11 Pro | i5 12600K | 32GB ram | 2x GTX 1080Ti + 3080Ti - studio driver 546.01| Modo/Blender/ZBrush/Daz/Poser
Zay
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu May 26, 2016 5:36 am

abstrax Thu May 26, 2016 5:36 am
Zay wrote:
abstrax wrote:I'm asking because in the screenshot you made, the calculated samples were higher than the max samples, not lower. Even the tonemapped samples were higher. Did you use PMC or another kernel? Is there any way for me how I can reproduce the problem?

Well, I'm just throwing it out there what I have observe if anyone should mention it again.
Lets forget the screenshot as I have only seen that happen one time only, but I have seen the render not ending on max samples several times now as in this screenshot.
stop.JPG

Pathtracing was used.

To me it seems random. I don't have a specific scene or a way to reproduce it - yet. But will let you know if I get one :)

Ok thanks. Are there any error messages on the slave console? How many slaves are you using? On which OS do they run? Wich GPUs are they using? And what is the setting you chose for "minimize net traffic"?
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Zay » Thu May 26, 2016 7:25 am

Zay Thu May 26, 2016 7:25 am
abstrax wrote:Are there any error messages on the slave console? How many slaves are you using? On which OS do they run? Wich GPUs are they using? And what is the setting you chose for "minimize net traffic"?

No messages at all on the slave ( I'm using only 1 slave).

Master PC:
GPU: GTX Titan + GTX 980 Ti
Driver: 353.62

Slave PC:
GPU: GTX 780 + GTX 780
Driver: 353.62

Kernel:
pathtracing.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 11 Pro | i5 12600K | 32GB ram | 2x GTX 1080Ti + 3080Ti - studio driver 546.01| Modo/Blender/ZBrush/Daz/Poser
Zay
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Refracty » Thu May 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Refracty Thu May 26, 2016 3:20 pm
When I use octane 3 with the rhino plugin in network render mode there is a part of the image (cubic stereo high res image) that clears much faster then the rest. Is this normal when you mix different kinds of gpus?
Refracty
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 pm

abstrax Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 pm
Refracty wrote:When I use octane 3 with the rhino plugin in network render mode there is a part of the image (cubic stereo high res image) that clears much faster then the rest. Is this normal when you mix different kinds of gpus?

No, please read the new features post specifically the chapters about the film buffers and network rendering especially the option "minimize net traffic".
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby grimm » Sat May 28, 2016 6:27 pm

grimm Sat May 28, 2016 6:27 pm
Excellent work everyone!! :D I'm having a very minor issue when I undock the viewport. It works great except when I try to minimize the windows. I can minimize one and it closes, but the other window stays open and then when I try and close it, the other one reopens. So you get a never ending loop. :) I was thinking that if you minimize one window the other would also minimize?
Linux Mint 20 x64 | Nvidia GTX 980 4GB (displays) RTX 2070 8GB| Intel I7 5820K 3.8 Ghz | 32Gb Memory | Nvidia Driver 460.56
grimm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby milanm » Sun May 29, 2016 11:04 am

milanm Sun May 29, 2016 11:04 am
Hi, I just noticed an issue with subdivision in a project from previous version.

Boundary interpolation doesn't seem to be working in V3.

BoundaryInterpolation.jpg

BoundaryInterpolation.orbx

Regards
Milan
Colorist / VFX artist / Motion Designer
macOS - Windows 7 - Cinema 4D R19.068 - GTX1070TI - GTX780
milanm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby stratified » Sun May 29, 2016 11:03 pm

stratified Sun May 29, 2016 11:03 pm
grimm wrote:Excellent work everyone!! :D I'm having a very minor issue when I undock the viewport. It works great except when I try to minimize the windows. I can minimize one and it closes, but the other window stays open and then when I try and close it, the other one reopens. So you get a never ending loop. :) I was thinking that if you minimize one window the other would also minimize?

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately this is a problem with the GUI tool kit we use (JUCE). I will ask the JUCE devs but for now there's nothing we can do. I'm sorry about that.

cheers,
Thomas
stratified
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby roeland » Mon May 30, 2016 12:57 am

roeland Mon May 30, 2016 12:57 am
We have upgraded to a newer version of openSubdiv in Octane 3.0. The old version had various other issues, like crashes and spikes on subdivided meshes. I don't know why the UVs on your mesh get distorted in this version. Can I forward that mesh to the OpenSubdiv team?

--
Roeland
roeland
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Mon May 30, 2016 5:19 am

abstrax Mon May 30, 2016 5:19 am
Zay wrote:
abstrax wrote:Hmm, I don't fully understand.

It means if I set max samples to 6000 I sometimes see it stop at 5935 samples. I don't change anything while rendering.
Usually the first render ends and finishes at 6000 samples. If I start reloading OBJ's in the same scene and render again then this time it might stop at 5935 samples - or it might finish.

I tried to reproduce your issue with various scenes with no luck. Unless you've got a way or scene to reproduce the problem we have to debug the problem on your system. For that I would need the network rendering log trace, which will be created if you put this file into the directories containing the Octane Standalone and the net render slaveL
octane_log_flags.txt

Please make sure that the applications have write access, which is usually not the case if they are installed under c:\program files or c:\program files (x86).

After you copied the log flags file to the master and slave(s) and after you have restarted the master and enabled network rendering, master and slaves should start writing a octane_log.txt file. It will be overwritten every time the master is restarted or the slave is disabled and enabled. -> As soon as you experience the problem again, please don't close/restart the master, but copy the log files of the master and slave(s) and send them to me via PM.

Thank you.
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)