v3 Pricing

Forums: v3 Pricing
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: v3 Pricing

Postby ibyte » Wed May 25, 2016 2:59 am

ibyte Wed May 25, 2016 2:59 am
Hi,

Even though I licensed V1 back in 2010 and I thought I was a member of the forum, I had to join again so I am currently banned from sending any PM's.

I would like to end up with my V1 Standalone license upgraded to a V3 Standalone license with a Blender plugin.

It has been a long time since I last looked at Octane Render. When the whole "online only" mode discussion was raging and no Blender plugin was in sight, I kind of lost interest in Octane Render. Now I understand there is an offline mode again and Blender is supported?

When I access the upgrade page, I may select "Upgrade to 3.x ($160). When I click continue I get a message that states

"Warning:
Your current selection does not include a V3 Standalone license, and you do not currently own a V3 Standalone license.

Octane V3 plugins require both a Standalone V3 and plugin V3 license to function, so you will not be able to proceed until you select a Standalone license to upgrade."

This is odd as I already selected my V1 to V3 upgrade on the page before.

Please guide me how to proceed?
ibyte

Postby xenobite » Wed May 25, 2016 6:45 am

xenobite Wed May 25, 2016 6:45 am
echecuforum wrote:Thanks for a great product first off. I am trying to take advantage of the combo upgrade. I put the 3 upgrade and one plug in in my card but did not get the combo prices. $144 is what showed up. Earlier today I also showed a free upgrade coupon that I did not know I had but that too has disappeared. I am sure I doing something wrong. If you could point me in the right direction I will give you my money. Thanks.

I had same problem (softimage plugin) but something came to my mind:
since we have that voucher for one free plugin upgrade to v3 maybe we only have to upgrade octane? and plugin upgrade will be free once it is released?

can someone confirm this please?
xenobite
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Wed May 25, 2016 8:51 am

bepeg4d Wed May 25, 2016 8:51 am
zeigg wrote:Can anyone give me details on the length of the promotional period?
I want to know when the cut-off is before I have to pay $45 for the stand-alone and $45 for the plugin.
I should have enough money to upgrade soon, but I want to make sure I don't miss out.

Thanks!

Hi zeigg,
for now there is no info about that, stay tuned ;)
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby C-You » Wed May 25, 2016 9:20 am

C-You Wed May 25, 2016 9:20 am
Can someone from OTOY clarify please:

If I want to use a combo OR v3 for another app - is it fine to buy just 1 more plugin version for each other software package,
because 1 standalone is already there from combo (no matter how many apps someone want to use at same system) or have
I to buy another combo license for each added software package at same system (what would be very bad)?

If only add 1 more new plugin version is ok - would it be possible to switch between the software packages at the same system
or will there be 1 hour of blocking, because the standalone (if only 1 standalone is good for 1 system) will be activated by the first
used software plugin and then have to wait an hour to use the other software (second plugin version) with the same standalone?

OTOY should this clearly write into the shop plugin section to avoid this questions here in forum.
C-You
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Wed May 25, 2016 10:07 am

bepeg4d Wed May 25, 2016 10:07 am
Hi C-You,
1. what exactly it is not clear for you?
Standalone upgrade from v2 to v3 costs 49€.
Plugin upgrade from v2 to v3 costs 49€.
For a limited period of time there is an offer of 23€ for the first combo update so one standalone + one plugin cost 75€ instead of 98€.
If you have two or more plugin with one standalone, the offer is less interesting, but it's still there so one standalone + two plugins cost 124€ instead of 147€, that's it ;)
When the grace period will be finished you will pay the full price that is still quite low in my opinion.
2. One of the new features of v3 is the new authentication system where you have no more to deal with licences numbers and waiting times:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=51679
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby C-You » Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 am

C-You Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 am
Hi beppe

Thanks for reply - but I not ask for the special offer - I know this and will upgrade my v2 to v3 combo.

My question was if I need to buy another new combo (1 new standalone + 1 new plugin) for another software
or can I just buy 1 more plugin (without standalone) and it will work with the existing standalone from the v3 combo?

And if I not need a second standalone - can I run both (or more) software apps at the same system
without problems - so lets say work with C4D and in the next moment render with LW, Houdini or something else.
C-You
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby HWiese » Wed May 25, 2016 3:29 pm

HWiese Wed May 25, 2016 3:29 pm
What about the subscription licenses? I don't feel like digging through 100 pages of forum posts. Could you Otoy guys not just come up with some info news posting containing everything there is to know about your licenses, student, subscription etc., currently available options, future plans, anything? I'm really interested in getting a subscription license, can't afford the standalone since I'm just a hobbyist rendering tinkerer, no pro.
HWiese

Postby bepeg4d » Wed May 25, 2016 3:37 pm

bepeg4d Wed May 25, 2016 3:37 pm
C-You wrote:Hi beppe

Thanks for reply - but I not ask for the special offer - I know this and will upgrade my v2 to v3 combo.

My question was if I need to buy another new combo (1 new standalone + 1 new plugin) for another software
or can I just buy 1 more plugin (without standalone) and it will work with the existing standalone from the v3 combo?

And if I not need a second standalone - can I run both (or more) software apps at the same system
without problems - so lets say work with C4D and in the next moment render with LW, Houdini or something else.

Hi C-You,
sorry for misunderstanding, yes, you can buy another plugin without standalone if you have already one for your workstation.
And yes, you can have multiple plugins and multiple octane versions in the same system and even running at the same time, if you want ;)
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Tz2016 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Tz2016 Wed May 25, 2016 3:47 pm
HWiese wrote:What about the subscription licenses? I don't feel like digging through 100 pages of forum posts. Could you Otoy guys not just come up with some info news posting containing everything there is to know about your licenses, student, subscription etc., currently available options, future plans, anything? I'm really interested in getting a subscription license, can't afford the standalone since I'm just a hobbyist rendering tinkerer, no pro.

+1
Mac Pro 2013 (6,1) | OS X 10.11.4 | AMD FirePro D700 6 GB | 3.0 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 | 64GB RAM
HP Z800 Workstation | Windows 10.0 | 5x GTX 780 Ti + Quadro 4000 | 2x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon X5670 | 48GB RAM
Tz2016

Postby krky23 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:30 pm

krky23 Wed May 25, 2016 5:30 pm
Tz2016 wrote:
HWiese wrote:What about the subscription licenses? I don't feel like digging through 100 pages of forum posts. Could you Otoy guys not just come up with some info news posting containing everything there is to know about your licenses, student, subscription etc., currently available options, future plans, anything? I'm really interested in getting a subscription license, can't afford the standalone since I'm just a hobbyist rendering tinkerer, no pro.

+1

same here! no1 isnt answering about this question , looks like a taboo for otoy ;)
krky23
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements