(No) preview in viewport

Forums: (No) preview in viewport
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: (No) preview in viewport

Postby face_off » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:22 pm

face_off Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:22 pm
Hi Uwe - you could try creating a new Rendersettings info (with the Rendersettings->New tab). Does that fix it? If not, can you pls post a screenshot of your Preferences tab.

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mlru » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:35 am

mlru Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:35 am
OK, I found it!
Reason is, I played with the camera settings:
- turn "use local dimensions" ON and it will render only 4x4 pixels
- turn "use local dimensions" OFF and the preview renders just fine.

I think, the plugin should ignore this setting somewhere along the line :)

Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:43 am

face_off Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:43 am
Good to hear the problem is resolved. Yes, in general I think there are far too many settings in the plugin - so a lot of potential to get one of them wrong. But I will upset people if I remove any more settings :-)

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby linvanchene » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:12 am

linvanchene Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:12 am
Interesting find.

The Camera Local Dimension Override was introduced in DAZ Studio 4.7.

The Render Settings Pane is typically where you would find the controls for setting the global dimensions/aspect ratio for your render. These settings are used for all views/cameras you might render your scene from. New to this version, is the ability to override the global settings with camera specific settings.

This means you can have multiple cameras, each with their own unique dimensions/aspect ratio, all in the same scene. And the settings can be saved/loaded from Camera Presets for future re-use.

Source: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/s ... n_override

The Camera Local Dimension Override works perfectly fine with Iray and 3Delight.
One could guess that in combination with a batch render script this feature is used to render out multiple image versions of the same scene with different camera setups at different resolutions.

- - -

The OctaneRender plugin for DAZ Studio has a similar Render Cue functionality in the Animation Tab.

-> Compare separate thread
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=53735&p=271618#p271618
Last edited by linvanchene on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Win 10 Pro 64bit | Rendering: 2 x ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TURBO | Asus RTX NVLink Bridge 4-Slot | Intel Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99-E WS| 64 GB RAM
FAQ: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio - FAQ link collection
linvanchene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlru » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:34 am

mlru Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:34 am
linvanchene wrote:The Camera Local Dimension Override works perfectly fine with Iray and 3Delight.
One could guess that in combination with a batch render script this feature is used to render out multiple image versions of the same scene with different camera setups at different resolutions.

I see. Well, 3Delight and IRay are integrated renderers, so of course it makes sense for them to use these camera settings.
As for the Octane Plugin, I'd consider it at least unfortunate, if you have to take care of settings outside of the plugin's panel.
Even now there are Octane settings listed in the Camera tab, which I personally find more confusing than helping (You don't have them when you render from perspective view anyway, for example, so why on additionally created cameras?)

- - -
linvanchene wrote:The OctaneRender plugin for DAZ Studio has a similar Render Cue functionality in the Animation Tab.

The idea of the OcDS Render Cue is also to render out multiple image versions of the same scene.
In the OcDS Render Cue you also have the option to set different "Render Settings" for different frames.

But I guess, that doesn't use the Local Dimension Override?

linvanchene wrote:In theory it might be interesting to be able to use the Camera Local Dimension override in combination with the Render Cue.
In practice this is probably also a case of: Needs another look after the more crucial issues are resolved.

Yeah, either use the override as intended or ignore it completely.
Me, being a total DS noob, I'd vote fore the latter :D
Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:00 pm

face_off Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:00 pm
As for the Octane Plugin, I'd consider it at least unfortunate, if you have to take care of settings outside of the plugin's panel.
I 100% agree with what you are saying - it is confusing to have the majority of the settings in the Octane panel, but then some other settings attached to the camera and mesh items. Not much that can be done about it - but it could be better highlighted in the manual.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby dalgetyboy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:40 pm

dalgetyboy Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:40 pm
Same problem.

Tried turning off the dimensions ... and rebuilding scene ....

still 4 x 4 pixels???
dalgetyboy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:46 pm

face_off Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:46 pm
dalgetyboy wrote:Same problem.

Tried turning off the dimensions ... and rebuilding scene ....

still 4 x 4 pixels???
Can you check the Solutions to Common Problems at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=72450 and if that does not help, provide the information requested in that post.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to DAZ Studio