Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta u [superseded]

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta u [superseded]
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta u [superseded]

Postby TIG » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:41 am

TIG Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:41 am
Here is beta.u
Octane_1022u.zip
(272.4 KiB) Downloaded 344 times

It fixes an error with the camera's 'up' vector translation from SUp to Octane, which had slowed down Octane's panning.
It attempts to remove the js error messages a few of you get when the dialog loads [although Yes to 'Continue?' lets it run OK thereafter it's annoying]. I can't replicate these errors, so your feedback is appreciated so we can address this asap...
The tool/dialog also now closes/deactivates tidily on a Cancel [X-click on top-right of window].
The README and Help files now have expanded sections on extracting the files/sub-folders from the zip, installation and so on - this is especially applicable to Mac users.

All users should upgrade to this version.

Feedback please...
Last edited by TIG on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta u

Postby radiance » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 pm

radiance Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:44 pm
Hey,

The camera panning issue is indeed fixed, yay ;)
Seems to work great now.

I'm still getting the html error message (exactly the same as the screenshots of it i've already posted) when i start the plugin, just hit ignore to continue.
Roen has also found another issue with a helicopter scene,
he's going to mail you about it soon.

i think we're nearly there ;)

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby Burkhard » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Burkhard Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:58 pm
we have to come to the end, it is beta u and the alphabet stops soon :lol:
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:41 pm

TIG Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:41 pm
I should have used 0.0.1 then we'd only be at 0.2.6 ;)
You know me from SketchUcation... always striving to get it right... :roll:

We must be on the last leg now...

I'll try moving the 'populate' from the html into the rb script itself... to see if that lets the page load before it updates... avoiding this annoying [but rare?] glitch with child/parent changing weirdness...

We'll be on 'v' by the 'morrow...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nipparnlert » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 pm

nipparnlert Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 pm
Hello, all.

Just try SKP export beta u first time. This is my feedback.
1. Problem when unzip to skp plugin. So i try uncompress, select then drag=drop ( you didn't recommend this i know).
2. I can use octanerender plugin in skp program. When i open it, i've got error window and i click "yes".
3. Try to render animation. Octanerender can open but crash (white window).
4. Sketchup crash too.
5. Front material and back material from skp to octane still missing. It's show only one material. ( or you need it show like this? I'm not sure. Maybe i missunderstand.)
6. Model in octane can't not rotate view left to right direction but it rotate by original point only. Not the same as i export by OBJ object. It's can rotate left to right.
I'm not sure you will understand. I try to explain. If export skp to obj.It's seem i can rotate view around object by left and right direction. If use octane to skp plugin. I can't do the same.

Thanks.
nipparnlert
Attachments
skp-plugin-problem-01.jpg
1. Plugin Problem
skp-plugin-problem-02.jpg
2. Plugin Problem
skp-plugin-problem-03.jpg
3. crash
skp-plugin-problem-05.jpg
5. material missing
skp-plugin-problem-05.1.jpg
5.1 material missing
skp-plugin-problem-05.2.jpg
5.2 material missing
skp-plugin-problem-06.jpg
6. problem about rotate view.
skp-plugin-problem-06.1.jpg
6.1 problem about rotate view.
skp-plugin-problem-05.2.jpg
5.2 material missing.
skp-plugin-problem-05.1.jpg
5.1 material missing.
Last edited by nipparnlert on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
new user :
Hardware : win7-x64 / i7-930-2.8 / ASUS P6T / PCI Express x16 Gen2 / DDR3 G.Skill 6GB. / Inno Geforce GTX470 CUDA Cores 448 / CoolerMaster / GX-750
Software : Octanerender pre-Beta 2.42 / Sketchup8 / Nvidia Driver 260.99 / CUDA 3.2.1
nipparnlert
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:08 pm

TIG Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:08 pm
nipparnlert wrote:Hello, all.
Just try SKP export beta.u first time. This is my feedback.
1. Problem when unzip to skp plugin. So i try uncompress, select then drag+drop ( you didn't recommend this i know).
2. I can use octane_render plugin in skp program. When i open it, i've got error window and i click "yes".
3. Try to render animation. Octane_render open but crash (white window).
4. Sketchup crash too.
5. Front material and back material from skp to octane still missing. It's show only one material. ( or you need it show like this? I'm not sure. Maybe i missunderstand.)
6. Model in octane can't not rotate view left to right direction but it rotate by original point only. Not the same as i export by OBJ object. It's can rotate left to right.
I'm not sure you will understand. I try to explain. If export skp to obj.It's seem i can rotate view around object by left and right direction. If use octane to skp plugin. I can't do the same.
Thanks.
nipparnlert

1. The method of extraction from the zip is of course up to you. Mac users are more prone to making errors. Just make sure that all of the files are in the specified sub-folders within ../Plugins/. Looks like an access-rights issue on your setup - are you an 'admin'?
2. The js error window on first launch is experienced by some users, answer Yes and you should continue without problems - I am still working on a fix for this... I can't get the error on my PC no matter what I do !
3. Unclear as to why Octane crashes - any error messages ?
4. Unclear as to why SUp crashed - any error messages ? Presumably it doesn't always crash - else where'd the images come from ??
5. At the start, or after a crash, you must have a new OCS file, otherwise the old OCS file might have 'frozen' its material settings, perhaps wrongly, and won't update on a relink. Note that only a face's front material is exported into the OBJ/MTL files and used by Octane. To see how you have faces oriented in the SKP change to 'Monochrome' view mode, with a strongly contracting color for the back-face default-material - say 'bright-blue' - set in the Style. All of the front faces' materials should come out properly in the OCS. It is important when making a SKP that will be exported into any 3rd party CAD or renderer application to have your model's faces the correct way round - that' why there is Monochrome mode to help you...
6. The pan/rotate options in Octane should be unaffected by the exporter. The slow panning issue was fixed by release 'u' as the camera-up vector is now correctly translated...

Is it possible to post a zip file containing the problem SKP/OBJ/MTL/Textures_folder/CMD_file/OCS etc - without them it is difficult to see where the problem lies...
Last edited by TIG on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nipparnlert » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:12 pm

nipparnlert Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:12 pm
4. Crash when i try export render animation. No error massage. After render animation octane open and show white screen.
6. I don't have problem about slow panning in octane.

My point is when export skp to obj. Obj. and open in octane, object seem use original point from octane ( don't know what it's call maybe same as UCS or 0.0 in autocad.).
When use skp exporter beta u. It's seem object use origin point (0.0) from sketchup as pivot. Because i make object at 0.0 point in sketchup.

nipparnlert
new user :
Hardware : win7-x64 / i7-930-2.8 / ASUS P6T / PCI Express x16 Gen2 / DDR3 G.Skill 6GB. / Inno Geforce GTX470 CUDA Cores 448 / CoolerMaster / GX-750
Software : Octanerender pre-Beta 2.42 / Sketchup8 / Nvidia Driver 260.99 / CUDA 3.2.1
nipparnlert
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nipparnlert » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:21 pm

nipparnlert Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:21 pm
I can send file to you. It's a simple box. How can i send you? By email?

nipparnlert
new user :
nipparnlert
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nipparnlert » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:01 pm

nipparnlert Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:01 pm
I try again by use new file.
6. It's happen because i put model at 0.0. I have to move model to other point. It's no plobrem.

Thanks
nipparnlert
new user :
nipparnlert
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp