OctaneRender 2 for DAZStudio [STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for DAZStudio [STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 2.24.2 [STABLE]

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:34 am

face_off Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:34 am
Another tiny renaming thing: In the Materials tab, OctaneRender Materials window, we used to be able to rename materials by slow double click. That doesn't work anymore either. You have to right click and select "rename". The "Return" hotkey doesn't work either, but as far as I remember, it never did
I can understand slow-double click support being removed - it sounds quite non-standard. I will remove the Return key as the rename shortcut.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 am

face_off Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 am
So I think that i could reproduce it :
1) load a V7
2) render to get about 20 MB on geometry (system tab) and about 700MB texture
3) go to texture and resize 1/2 some textures.
4) go back to system : OH no, geometry size increased :?: , but textures decreased :P
5) in timeline, go to next frame (some hang)

if you can't see geometry size increase in step 4, just hit render and it will refresh the status.

Go back in texture size to 1, reset geometry size.
Note that I already state that resize texture is "permanent on this figure" on all your loaded scene until you resized it to 1.

Hope you understand what my pb when I have too many texture and can't go with OOC feature as render time is reduced cause of my PCIe USB extender.
Thanks for explaining your workflow. I can reproduce this problem. I will investigate over the next few days.

EDIT: Can you pls tell me what release of the plugin you are using?

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby DrHemulen » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:35 am

DrHemulen Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:35 am
face_off wrote:I can understand slow-double click support being removed - it sounds quite non-standard. I will remove the Return key as the rename shortcut.Paul

It's a standard UI windows thing ;)
GTX 780, 6 gigs of VRAM - Win 7 Home Premium 64 bits
DrHemulen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby itou31 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:42 pm

itou31 Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:42 pm
face_off wrote:Thanks for explaining your workflow. I can reproduce this problem. I will investigate over the next few days.

EDIT: Can you pls tell me what release of the plugin you are using?

Paul

Hi Paul,
I've test the 2.24.2.5 (mainly) and 3.0.1.7 on the Daz 4.8.0.59
I7-3930K 64Go RAM Win8.1pro , main 3 titans + 780Ti
Xeon 2696V3 64Go RAM Win8.1/win10/win7, 2x 1080Ti + 3x 980Ti + 2x Titan Black
itou31
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:43 am

face_off Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:43 am
So I think that i could reproduce it :
1) load a V7
2) render to get about 20 MB on geometry (system tab) and about 700MB texture
3) go to texture and resize 1/2 some textures.
4) go back to system : OH no, geometry size increased :?: , but textures decreased :P
5) in timeline, go to next frame (some hang)

if you can't see geometry size increase in step 4, just hit render and it will refresh the status.

Go back in texture size to 1, reset geometry size.
Note that I already state that resize texture is "permanent on this figure" on all your loaded scene until you resized it to 1.

Hope you understand what my pb when I have too many texture and can't go with OOC feature as render time is reduced cause of my PCIe USB extender.
This issue was due to a plugin bug, and a problem in the Octane API (in Octane 3, not Octane 2). The plugin bug is fixed in the latest TEST release. The Octane 3 issue should be fixed in a future Octane release.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby itou31 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:10 pm

itou31 Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:10 pm
Hi Paul,

what do you mean about "The plugin bug is fixed in the latest TEST release" ?
Just check and the bug is always here in the 2.25.2.5.
Do you mean the next release of V2 of OcDs ?
itou31
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:20 pm

face_off Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:20 pm
what do you mean about "The plugin bug is fixed in the latest TEST release" ?
Just check and the bug is always here in the 2.25.2.5.
Do you mean the next release of V2 of OcDs ?
The latest TEST release is at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=51808.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby itou31 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:16 pm

itou31 Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:16 pm
Ah OK,
I was confused by your response :
This issue was due to a plugin bug, and a problem in the Octane API (in Octane 3, not Octane 2). The plugin bug is fixed in the latest TEST release. The Octane 3 issue should be fixed in a future Octane release.

I have understand that is a plugin bug and a problem on octane api 3. That mean the version test 3.0.3 is fixed but there is still a pb with the API that will be fixed on the future release of V3. And you will probably fixed the v2 after some stabilisation on the V3 test. Is that right ?
I'm waiting also for the next version of V3 alpha that could fix my freeze using multi-gpu with small bandwith due to PCIe 1X connection.
itou31
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Sorel » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:52 am

Sorel Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:52 am
So I think I might be narrowing down what might be causing my drivers to randomly crash on certain things. My latest of this happening is, for anyone who has the Micah Hair Frizzies product from dimension theory, I set this up in my scene. I had the hair, plus outer layers 1 and 2. The hair, and both of the layers use displacement. So I hit render, it's fine for a while, then I get the driver crash. so i start fiddling with different settings and stuff to see what might be happening. I turn one f the layers off and render, and it renders a bit longer without problems. Then it crashes again. So I turn of the other layers as well, so now the only thing in the scene with displacement is the single hair prop. I hit render, and it is currently rendering without issues. Could there possibly be an issue where having too many displacements in a scene can just cause the driver to crash? It's very strange...but I have used this product before without problems...I feel like if it was my card it would just crash no matter what I do. But when my current render is finished, I will try and setup a scene that can replicate the issue and send it to you Paul.
Sorel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:34 am

face_off Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:34 am
So I think I might be narrowing down what might be causing my drivers to randomly crash on certain things. My latest of this happening is, for anyone who has the Micah Hair Frizzies product from dimension theory, I set this up in my scene. I had the hair, plus outer layers 1 and 2. The hair, and both of the layers use displacement. So I hit render, it's fine for a while, then I get the driver crash. so i start fiddling with different settings and stuff to see what might be happening. I turn one f the layers off and render, and it renders a bit longer without problems. Then it crashes again. So I turn of the other layers as well, so now the only thing in the scene with displacement is the single hair prop. I hit render, and it is currently rendering without issues. Could there possibly be an issue where having too many displacements in a scene can just cause the driver to crash? It's very strange...but I have used this product before without problems...I feel like if it was my card it would just crash no matter what I do. But when my current render is finished, I will try and setup a scene that can replicate the issue and send it to you Paul.
If you have a scene which crashes your driver, first make sure you run the Octane Standalone exe installer, which will set your Nvidia driver timeouts. Then if the driver crash is still happening, export the scene causing the crash from DS to ORBX and see if it crashes in Octane Standalone. If it crashes your drivers in Octane Standalone, submit the file to Otoy so they can address the problem. Also, make sure you are not using Nvidia drivers 361.x. Use 358.50 instead.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio