Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta t [superseded]

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta t [superseded]
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta t [superseded]

Postby TIG » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:25 am

TIG Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:25 am
Here is beta.t
Octane_1022t.zip
(271.94 KiB) Downloaded 317 times

This version has the dialog's slider js and images "hard-coded" and no longer requires an Internet connection to retrieve widgets etc [a 'tigra' slider replaces the earlier 'yui' one]. Apart from a slightly different slider appearance, you should not notice anything significant: hopefully some of you who were experiencing js error messages should no longer get these...

All users should update to new this version.

Feedback please

EDIT: The ZIP is updated with a README update for 'sliders' to match Help PDF - no other substantive changes :roll:
EDIT 2: The ZIP is updated with a README with more clarity about unzipping files on a Mac and keeping the sub-folder structure - The Help PDF has corresponding changes too... Again the core code is not altered. :geek:
Last edited by TIG on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta t

Postby radiance » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 am

radiance Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 am
thanks, i'll run some more tests today and also on the mac here.
I also asked roen to take a look at it.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby ameier » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:14 pm

ameier Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:14 pm
Hi TIG,

what ever you have changed.....now the glitches are gone. Nice work !

Big Thx for your hard Work !!!!

P.s.: Samples would be post later !
Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 Cpu 3770k, 32 GB RAM, 1x 670 GTX; Windows 8 64bit Pro.

Cuda Driver + OctaneRender V1.10 + Octane Sketchup Plugin
ameier
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Burkhard » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Burkhard Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 pm
Any reason why the loader.rb is inside the octane folder?
Do we have to put the whole single files into the plugins folder?

cu Burkhard
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 pm

TIG Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 pm
Burkhard wrote:Any reason why the loader.rb is inside the octane folder?
Do we have to put the whole single files into the plugins folder?
cu Burkhard

It's not :? - the files and sub-folders in the zip I posted ARE in the right relationships...

Read the Help PDF to see where files should end up.............

Download the zip again, don't extract anything immediately - check its contents against the files listed in the the Help file.
I omitted to update the README file about the 'sliders' - but I have now updated it in the zip... :oops:
You can download the ZIP file again if you want...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ameier » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:29 pm

ameier Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:29 pm
short feedback:

projekt path: starts every time at C:/Windows/system32

another stupid question.....

with the function animation there would be create many pics for eatch step. is there a way to get a avi directly.......? just watched your sample anim that you have post some days agoo. How does it work ? Did you use another tool ? Any hints would be welcome !
Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 Cpu 3770k, 32 GB RAM, 1x 670 GTX; Windows 8 64bit Pro.

Cuda Driver + OctaneRender V1.10 + Octane Sketchup Plugin
ameier
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Burkhard » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 am

Burkhard Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 am
TIG,

Extracted the file on Mac: There are no folders.......by doubleclick on the zip files.
Just single files which are named in that way. ie. Octane/OctaneFolderBrowser/folder_browser.css
( It can happen when the zip was made with windows )
Choose the unarchiver or stuffit expander by rightclick ( open with...) it works with the folder structure.
Maybe it is worth to put this tip into the installation Readme file.

....and you've forgotten the octane_1022.rb in the Readme file
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 am

TIG Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 am
ameier wrote:short feedback:
project path: starts every time at C:/Windows/system32
another stupid question.....
with the function animation there would be create many pics for eatch step. is there a way to get a avi directly.......? just watched your sample anim that you have post some days ago. How does it work ? Did you use another tool ? Any hints would be welcome !

The 'project path' in the main dialog should initially default to the SKP's folder... Are you saying that when you start a brand new [just saved] SKP it doesn't start there ? It does on my PC [Vista] - what is your OS etc ?

If the specified folder that is currently shown in the text-box doesn't exist then when you 'Browse' the folder-browser dialog will default to the 'current working directory' - I am surprised yours is '../system32/' :? - Usually it's '../Plugins/'

The animation makes a series of png images each based on a scene in order [to add scenes use one of the 3rd party SUp tools freely available] - you then need to assemble these images into a movie using something like Microsoft's "Windows Movie Maker" [free] - it's pretty easy to do... :geek:
Last edited by TIG on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:45 am

TIG Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:45 am
Burkhard wrote:TIG,

Extracted the file on Mac: There are no folders.......by doubleclick on the zip files.
Just single files which are named in that way. ie. Octane/OctaneFolderBrowser/folder_browser.css
( It can happen when the zip was made with windows )
Choose the unarchiver or stuffit expander by rightclick ( open with...) it works with the folder structure.
Maybe it is worth to put this tip into the installation Readme file.

....and you've forgotten the octane_1022.rb in the Readme file

Thanks for the Mac tip I'll add it - I'll also add that missing file in the README :oops:

EDIT: I have updated the ZIP in the first post to include clearer instructions on extracting the files keeping their sub-folders on the Mac etc - the README and Help PDF are both updated- there are no other substantive alterations to code etc :geek:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 pm

radiance Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Hey,

great release i manage to export perfect scenes, with everything propperly exported.
the only remaining issues i have:

* navigation if octane is launched from the plugin is broken (eg panning is 10x too slow, i will investigate this on our end tomorrow, are you giving octane a normalized camera up vector ?)
* the error when launching the plugin, i just hit ignore/continue. I'm running google chrome on win 7 x64 and the IE version is the default that came with my windows install (i never use IE))

one last thing i noticed, sketchup uses the alpha channel in some images like textures for leaves.
i can, in octane, take these textures and make a black/white mask of them in photoshop and stick it in the opacity map slot so the tree leaves are correct.

in beta 2.3, we'll have a new texturenode, an alphaimage texture node, which takes the alpha channel of a file format that carries one (like a PNG) and functions like a floatimage, but it returns a black/white texture of the image file's alpha channel.
since this is still a while off, i'm not sure if it's a lot of work, but if it is'nt you might consider making a functionality where you write out a black and white mask and use the map_d functionality in the MTL file to give the opacity map so vegetation comes through perfect by default ?

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Next

Return to SketchUp