new features of OctaneRender™ 3.00 (updated 10.8.)

Forums: new features of OctaneRender™ 3.00 (updated 10.8.)
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

OPEN CL + "UNLIMITED" GEOMETRY

Postby thilima » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:48 pm

thilima Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:48 pm
OpenCL support: OctaneRender 3 will support the broadest range of processors possible using OpenCL to run on Intel CPUs with support for out-of-core geometry, OpenCL FPGAs and ASICs, and AMD GPUs.

Infinite mesh and polygon sizes: OctaneRender 3 removes all limits on the maximum allowed primitive and triangle count.

1 - Hey otoy guys, these are the new features I was waiting most on OR3, do you have any idea of when these 2 features will be released???

2 - Another question is about the "out-of-core geometry", It means that with this OpenCL support we will be able to render using GPU + CPU and the memory used will be RAM memory and not VRAM???
If YES, it means that If I have a scene which needs 10gbVRAM to render, I´ll not need to buy a titanX for example which is an awesome (expensive) videocard just because the 12gbVRAM, cause with the openCL/out-of-core, If I have a videocard with just 2gbVram, the render will finish anyway (if I have enough ram memory) ??? Is that it ?

thilima
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OPEN CL + "UNLIMITED" GEOMETRY

Postby Goldorak » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:19 pm

Goldorak Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:19 pm
thilima wrote:OpenCL support: OctaneRender 3 will support the broadest range of processors possible using OpenCL to run on Intel CPUs with support for out-of-core geometry, OpenCL FPGAs and ASICs, and AMD GPUs.

Infinite mesh and polygon sizes: OctaneRender 3 removes all limits on the maximum allowed primitive and triangle count.

1 - Hey otoy guys, these are the new features I was waiting most on OR3, do you have any idea of when these 2 features will be released???

2 - Another question is about the "out-of-core geometry", It means that with this OpenCL support we will be able to render using GPU + CPU and the memory used will be RAM memory and not VRAM???
If YES, it means that If I have a scene which needs 10gbVRAM to render, I´ll not need to buy a titanX for example which is an awesome (expensive) videocard just because the 12gbVRAM, cause with the openCL/out-of-core, If I have a videocard with just 2gbVram, the render will finish anyway (if I have enough ram memory) ??? Is that it ?

OpenCL will likely be last, after all other V3 features are stable.

OOC geometry assumes the OCL backend is running on a CPU device (which should be theoretically viable after OCL GPU support is done). I posted on this before. If this works, it probably won't be fast, but it could be useful as a fallback when geometry doesn't fit into VRAM.

The infinite mesh size issue is being worked on right now, and targetting an upcoming alpha release.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OPEN CL + "UNLIMITED" GEOMETRY

Postby thilima » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm

thilima Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Goldorak wrote:
thilima wrote:OpenCL support: OctaneRender 3 will support the broadest range of processors possible using OpenCL to run on Intel CPUs with support for out-of-core geometry, OpenCL FPGAs and ASICs, and AMD GPUs.

OpenCL will likely be last, after all other V3 features are stable.

OOC geometry assumes the OCL backend is running on a CPU device (which should be theoretically viable after OCL GPU support is done). I posted on this before. If this works, it probably won't be fast, but it could be useful as a fallback when geometry doesn't fit into VRAM.

The infinite mesh size issue is being worked on right now, and targetting an upcoming alpha release.

Thanks a lot for the answer Goldorak and congrats for the development
thilima
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: new features of OctaneRender™ 3.00 (updated 23.12.)

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:07 am

Rikk The Gaijin Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:07 am
Goldorak, did you guys see my bug report here? viewtopic.php?p=259683#p259683
Was that a fair complain, or am I just shooting at the clouds?
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby iknowmedia » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:38 pm

iknowmedia Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:38 pm
I have a question about the texture baking feature of octane.

I have a mesh "obj" with multiple materials can I bake out just one of those materials to a texture? Or do I need to separate the mesh in individual parts and import them. I want to bake those texture with the complete model so that everything is calculating correctly and effecting each other.

Thanks!
Windows 7 | Q9550 @2833Mhz | 8GB | Zotac GTX480
iknowmedia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:28 am

bepeg4d Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:28 am
Hi,
yes, you can render a single material or all together depending on your needs ;)
What you need is that the material has proper UV without overlapping.
Have you seen this Lua script to automate and speed up the baking process?
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=52085
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby MagnusL3D » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:05 pm

MagnusL3D Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:05 pm
The baking feature is not high-poly to low-poly baking right ? just making sure.
MagnusL3D
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pegot » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:51 pm

pegot Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:51 pm
Will we be able to use more than one displacement image in V3? As of alpha 4 this does not seem possible yet (though the invert displacement feature now works),

Combining the the two images into one map is not an option because I want to animate one of the displacements (a black & white text image). I also need different Octane displacement settings for the two, which can't be done if they are combined into a single map.

This is easily done in one of my other 3d Apps -Cheetah 3d allows multiple displacements on an objects (haven't checked Blender yet but I suspect it should be possible there as well).

Would be very handy if Octane could do this as well. Are there plans to implement this feature?
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff
GTX 1080ti SC Black (wc)
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:37 pm

mojave Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:37 pm
MagnusL3D wrote:The baking feature is not high-poly to low-poly baking right ? just making sure.

No, it's not. Baking refers to "Texture baking" using an input mesh and UV so you may bake lighting as well as info passes (normals, AO, etc.)
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Berge » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Berge Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:26 pm
Are we going to be able to get several multimattes (Red, Green, Blue) from our renders in v3?
Berge
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)