Merging multiple orbx

Forums: Merging multiple orbx
Discussion forum for ORBX.js

Merging multiple orbx

Postby ATPaseII » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:32 pm

ATPaseII Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:32 pm
Hello,

i have just understood what light-fields and its rendering may it be image based or synthetically rendered truly is.
It is just amazing when i think of the future and where it could possibly go. Everywhere at every corner 'True'(as opposed to live 2D transmissions) light portals that let you peer into another dimension via holographic TVs .....etc......... i really don't know which other ideas could come up in the future....
Here is my question regarding ORBX files.
It is more of principle nature than of practical nature.
Would it be possible to have multiple 360° light field renders and then blend in between them so that one could interact in light-field space just like it is possible to move oneself in an interactive game between different objects?
Let me know what you think. :)
ATPaseII

Re: Merging multiple orbx

Postby Goldorak » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 pm

Goldorak Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 pm
ATPaseII wrote:Hello,

i have just understood what light-fields and its rendering may it be image based or synthetically rendered truly is.
It is just amazing when i think of the future and where it could possibly go. Everywhere at every corner 'True'(as opposed to live 2D transmissions) light portals that let you peer into another dimension via holographic TVs .....etc......... i really don't know which other ideas could come up in the future....
Here is my question regarding ORBX files.
It is more of principle nature than of practical nature.
Would it be possible to have multiple 360° light field renders and then blend in between them so that one could interact in light-field space just like it is possible to move oneself in an interactive game between different objects?
Let me know what you think. :)

We've been aiming LF rendering as a core part of a future compositing framework, where you cam mix different LF volumes in a scene with minimal or no noise, or even with rasterized or non-LF raytraced scene elements (e.g. live Octane/Brigade viewport).
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ATPaseII » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:19 pm

ATPaseII Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:19 pm
That sounds really cool.
The reflections in a light-field rendering , are they physically acurate? I mean the lighting does not appear static, not?
ATPaseII

Postby Goldorak » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:20 am

Goldorak Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:20 am
ATPaseII wrote:That sounds really cool.
The reflections in a light-field rendering , are they physically acurate? I mean the lighting does not appear static, not?

Yes, that's the point, it can handle any view dependent effects supported by Octane.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ATPaseII » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:20 pm

ATPaseII Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:20 pm
I see. Will the orbx viewer also be able to display light field photography?
ATPaseII

Postby Goldorak » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Goldorak Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:19 pm
ATPaseII wrote:I see. Will the orbx viewer also be able to display light field photography?

ORC will build a light field volume as an alternative to texture baking, using the baking group ID in V3. When the process is done, you have a URL to this LF volume and you can stream it back to the ORBX viewer as scene layer that can be composited with any other elements the viewer can load or stream.

For photos, we support a spherical swivel arm system which captures a thousands of photos with a normal camera. You can upload those to ORC and it will generate an LF volume of this data and you an use it just like a synthetic LF volume in the viewer.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ATPaseII » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:47 pm

ATPaseII Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:47 pm
Have you thought of using light fields in order to light path traced objects in real time?
Let'S say for augmented reality like stuff.
Wouldn't precomputed light field boundaries as volumes be good acceleration structures? Probabilistic?
ATPaseII

Return to ORBX.js