Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta r [superseded]

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta r [superseded]
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta r [superseded]

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 pm

TIG Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 pm
Here's is beta.r
Octane_1022r.zip
(267.99 KiB) Downloaded 356 times

It has some minor adjustments to the code and js, unless you live in a non-EN locale you might not see any changes [if then]...

Please upgrade to this version and feedback...
Last edited by TIG on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta r

Postby nektares » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:23 pm

nektares Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:23 pm
Thanks Tig! i imported a file and some textures were missing, is that because it is the free version? i am a licensed customer but my new PC arrives in 1 month and i want to install the license on the new one :)
..::nektares::..
nektares
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:53 pm

TIG Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:53 pm
Have you viewed the SKP model in Monochrome mode to see that all faces are the right way round - if a back face is towards the camera it won't have any material showing as it'll be exported without one - as you've painted the back not the front of it ???
To see it better ensure your current Style has a very contrasting color [say 'bright blue'] for the back-face default-material compared to the front-face default-material [which is usually 'off-white'].

Then re-run the exporter with a new OCS etc...

If this doesn't fix it can you post [or PM] the SKP and MTL/Texture files for my analysis...
Last edited by TIG on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nektares » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 pm

nektares Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 pm
TIG! i exported it for a second time without changing anything and now the texture is there :o and everything is OK! if anything funny happens to me again i will let you know! thanks for your quick reply!
nektares
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta r [superseded]

Postby nektares » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:28 pm

nektares Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:28 pm
hi TTG! i think theres something wrong with my octane exporter u_u
when i open it this appears always (error1)
then i click OK or NO and when i close it and open it again i cant use it anymore
the second error appears and then i have to close it and open it again
i get the same error all the time but sometimes i can use it and sometimes i can´t
y just decompressed the contents of the zip on the plugins folder, i hope i didn´t do anything wrong!
Attachments
octaneerror3.jpg
error3
octaneerror2.jpg
error2
octaneerror.jpg
error1
nektares
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:38 am

TIG Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:38 am
This might be because the sliders on the dialog use a yui slider widget that is accessed off the Internet, once it's downloaded it's cached and should work thereafter... I am looking at ways of 'hard-coding' this into the tool to avoid such errors. The last parent/child error [1] seems related to that and if you say 'Yes' and continue the dialog should work without the sliders... Do you have IE7 or IE8 ?

I don't understand the other errors as IE [the basis used by the js in the SUp ACI web-dialog] doesn't seem to be finding the html file but t's displaying it ? Presumably the file it list is there [the '%20' code is a space in html]. You did keep the files in their sub-folders ? as listed in the zip and README / Help file ??? Check that you do NOT have any of files in Plugins, that shouldn't be there...

What OS do you have ? What version of IE do you have ?

:?
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nektares » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:15 pm

nektares Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:15 pm
i just extracted it as it came into the pug ins folder, i know i shouldn't extract the folder because those ruby's that are installed call for what the folder has inside :) i don't know anything about programming :P but i think it works like that.

i am using win XP 32 and IE8, and i click yes and apparently everything works fine but haven't tested it completely yet because of my computer, i am expecting the new one in 3 weeks, that one will have win7 64 ultimate, i hope this doesn't appear anymore with the win7, and i will start practicing octane with my licensed software as soon the PC arrives, i just don't want to install octane on this one because of the PC lock the app has.

sometimes this error does not show after 3/4 times i close and open the exporter window, i hope this helps.
nektares
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 am

TIG Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 am
Thanks for the feedback... Remember that there's now a new beta [s] for this tool... I'm also looking at removing these slider dependencies so there might be another update shortly... :geek:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nektares » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:36 pm

nektares Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:36 pm
Thank you so much TIG, i have tried very little the plug in, with one file but it looked like everything exported OK, i see why my texture disappeared now, and i am very sorry. Everything exported OK since the first time, i just added a node that made my texture disappear and it was my mistake. I believe you are doing a great job with this, i hope you can fix that slider issue soon. cheers.
nektares
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp