OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Alpha build 3.00.0.0

Forums: OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Alpha build 3.00.0.0
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Alpha build 3.00.0.0

Postby juanjgon » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:09 pm

juanjgon Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:09 pm
This is the first alpha build of the OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ plugin. This 3.00.0.0 release is available for Lightwave 10.1, 11.6 and 2015.3 Windows x64 and OSX.

This is an alpha release, so please consider this more a test or development release which may not be stable enough for a production environment. All the new 3.0 features are under development.

Alpha release 3.00.0.0
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... indows.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... .0_OSX.zip

Volumetric demo scens
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... scenes.zip

Standalone version for the network rendering nodes
Soon to be released

New features of OctaneRender™ 3.00
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=51679

How to install the plugin
- (Only for Windows) Remove all the old Octane plugin 2.2 files (octane.dll, octane.dat and the .p plugin file), or add a new LightWave installation to your system to test Octane 3.0
- (Only for Windows) Copy the octane.dll, tbb.dll and octane.dat files into you install Lightwave/bin directory. You must overwrite the LightWave tbb.dll file.
- Add the plugin to the Lightwave Layout.
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane features.

=============================================
RELEASE 3.00.0.0
=============================================

* NEW FEATURES:
Volumetrics:

- Custom object plugin to manage the Octane volumetrics object.
- Custom node editor inside the custom object plugin to build procedural volumetrics and manage the volumetrics shading.
- Support of OpenVDB files. Parameters to extract the grids for absorption, scattering and emission layers, the volume scale and the isovalue.
- OpenVDB bounding box and info in the viewports.
- Support of absorption, scattering and emission procedural volumetrics, rasterizing LW procedural nodes, inside the volumetrics node editor.
- Support of procedural volumetric shapes: box, sphere and mesh.
- IPR real time update of the volume material.

Octane Light:
- IES lights preview icon in the image texture node.
- IES lights preview icon in the Octane light panel. New Octane light layout using two tabs to organize the controls.
- IES web graph in the OpenGL viewports for the selected lights.

Environment medium:
- New inputs in the environment nodes to link a global scene medium node. This means that users don't have to model a sphere around the camera anymore if they like to have camera fog or mist.
- New parameter in the environment nodes to control the environment virtual sphere radius.

Passes node:
- New options for beauty raw passes. Raw passes are render passes where the color of the first bounce is "divided" out of the render. The original render can be reconstructed again by multiplying the raw passes with the appropriate filter passes. Because we divide, this doesn't work for saturated colors (i.e. colors where one of the components is near 0).
- Added the opacity and texture tangent passes.
- New "Save Compositing File" feature available for the multilayer EXR files. This is the central part of the extension that allows you to load an OctaneRender Compositing Project (*.ocprj) file into Photoshop.
- Support of OpenEXR deep images.
- Removed the start after beauty and tonemap options, not used anymore.
- We save the alpha channel in the OpenEXR files only when necessary.
- Grayscale render passes, like the Z-Depth, occupy one one channel now.
- New roughness and ior info passes
- "Bump and Normal Mapping" option in the info passes

Kernels:
- Improved film buffer management: Rendering is now tile based. This means that rendering large resolutions or multiple render passes isn't as memory intensive anymore.
- New Direct Lighting kernel options for volumetrics, tile sampling and deep images.
- Deprecated the "Ambient" and "Sample Ambient" modes in the DirectLighting kernel.
- New Direct Path Tracing kernel options for volumetrics, tile sampling and deep images.
- New PMC kernel options for volumetrics and tile sampling.
- New InfoChannel kernel options for tile sampling. Some channels have been deprecated and other added since version 2.2.

Cloud Rendering:
- (EXPERIMENTAL) New command to upload to the cloud rendering system the scene loaded in the IPR.

Misc:
- Added a new option to the Octane custom object plugin to disable the motion blur in this object.
- New feature in the plugin options panel to reduce the max. size of the preview window. Used to render in computers with less than 900 pixels height resolution.
- The LiveDB dialog retains its full state every time it is opened.
- New "neutral response" feature in the imager node. If enabled, the camera response curve will not affect the colors.
- "Tonemap Interval" parameter in the imager node. Define the maximum interval between tonemaps (in seconds)

* BUGS FIXED:
- Render layers syntax doesn't work properly. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug in the fiberFX systems with degenerated vertices.
- The IPR doesn't update the instances while working with the DP Instancer plugin. Fixed.
- Material update in the IPR too slow if the textures maps are used only in this mmaterial. Fixed.

Enjoy it ;)
-Juanjo
Last edited by juanjgon on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Alpha build 3.00.0.0

Postby CANDITO » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:43 pm

CANDITO Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:43 pm
Thanks Juanjo,

looking forward to test this!
Cheers

Olivier
CANDITO
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby electric_eric » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:44 pm

electric_eric Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:44 pm
Awesome stuff, thank you!!

Got an issue with activation. Removed all Octane 2 plugins, copied the .dat etc to the bin folder and added plugin.

On trying to enable the plugin I'm getting an error message saying "Invalid Octane Live plugin account or wrong liveID/password combination".

I've copied my username/password from my otoy account so I'm sure they are correct.

Octane 3 standalone runs though.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Intel i7 6700k - 64gb Ram - 6 x 980ti
electric_eric
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:46 pm

juanjgon Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:46 pm
Can you please disable the plugin license using your Otoy web page account?

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby electric_eric » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:48 pm

electric_eric Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:48 pm
Yeah I did that first. I'll try again later when I get home as it might be an issue with the activation cool down period.

Thanks
Intel i7 6700k - 64gb Ram - 6 x 980ti
electric_eric
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:53 pm

juanjgon Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:53 pm
electric_eric wrote:Yeah I did that first. I'll try again later when I get home as it might be an issue with the activation cool down period.

Thanks

You can also try to remove the "octane.cfg" file from your LightWave preferences folder.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby 3dreamstudios » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:47 pm

3dreamstudios Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:47 pm
Should we post bugs/requests in this thread or another?

First thing I saw was on the IES OGL display (great by the way) I would prefer to not have the additional Box/Linear/Quad/Disc showing as well. Just the IES light. This would be much more like Native LW.
3dreamstudios
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:54 pm

juanjgon Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:54 pm
3dreamstudios wrote:First thing I saw was on the IES OGL display (great by the way) I would prefer to not have the additional Box/Linear/Quad/Disc showing as well. Just the IES light. This would be much more like Native LW.

This thread is fine to report bugs or feature requests ;)

But display the light shape is important in Octane. Remember that the IES lights are not point lights, they are emissive geometry with an IES profile. The light shape and size matters in this case.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby vipvip » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:58 pm

vipvip Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:58 pm
Thanks for this and for all the informations coming with !
vipvip
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:44 pm

FrankPooleFloating Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:44 pm
Thanks so much Juanjo! Just have to finish a gig today.. and I will start abusing the hell out 3.0 plug.. try to find its weaknesses....

[1] Is it actually safe to have two LW installs?... No config or system conflicts if you do this?

[2] Did you find a way to kill whatever was still cooking in GPUs when IPR is closed?
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Lightwave 3D