IPR X11 ERROR : cannot find the GLUT window

Forums: IPR X11 ERROR : cannot find the GLUT window
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: juanjgon

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Postby Br1 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:39 am

Br1 Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:39 am
Hi,

Working on linux, depending on the desktop environment, I have this crash when trying to open the IPR :
30854 : Fatal error : Segmentation fault (sent by pid 40).

I don't have that kind of crash when using gnome. But most of the time I use i3wm and it always crashes.
Do you have any idea of what could be done to prevent that crash ? Other openGL applications seem tu run fine.

Cheers
Bruno
Br1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: IPR X11 ERROR : cannot find the GLUT window

Postby juanjgon » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:00 am

juanjgon Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:00 am
I am not sure what could be the problem. I have never tested the plugin with this desktop. Do you know if the IPR window is opened before crash? What linux distro are you using?

To have the IPR window always on top I use some X11 functions that perhaps are not supported in this window manager.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby bassruettler » Sat May 09, 2020 12:19 pm

bassruettler Sat May 09, 2020 12:19 pm
I also use i3 as my window manager and the same crash occurs with the same error message. Distro is Arch Linux.
I don't know if you want to investigate this further, as you mentioned somewhere else the development of a new Qt5-based IPR.
For me, this certainly is not an issue at the moment, as I like to use MPlay anyways.
bassruettler
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sat May 09, 2020 4:53 pm

juanjgon Sat May 09, 2020 4:53 pm
Ok. In this case, let's wait for the Qt5 IPR. This is a top priority right now, so I hope to have the first build including this new IPR mode soon.

To be honest, I don't know what is the origin of this problem. This is something that I've never been able to reproduce it here, but probably it is related to the old architecture used by the current raw OpenGL IPR window.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Bug Reports