Any New update?

Forums: Any New update?
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Any New update?

Postby rfox » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:48 pm

rfox Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:48 pm
Any good news for new update for this plugin? Just feel this plugin development were abandoned long time ago. :roll:
3x GTX Titan - Win7 Pro x64 - Intel i7-3930K - ASUS Rampage IV Formula-X79
rfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Any New update?

Postby Goldorak » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Goldorak Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:49 pm
rfox wrote:Any good news for new update for this plugin? Just feel this plugin development were abandoned long time ago. :roll:

We're on it. I will follow up and see if I can get a dev update posted here soon.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ff7darkcloud » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:52 am

ff7darkcloud Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:52 am
Good to know! :)
( PC ) Win10 x64 | 2xRTX2080TI | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7900x | 32GB | 1600W
( Laptop ) Win10 x64 | RTX2080Max-Q | Lenovo Legion Y740 | i7-9750H | 32GB - Octane Standalone Win 10/ Sketchup 2019

PORTFOLIO: https://renderspace.wixsite.com/portfolio
ff7darkcloud
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:52 pm

resmas Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:52 pm
Goldorak wrote:
rfox wrote:Any good news for new update for this plugin? Just feel this plugin development were abandoned long time ago. :roll:

We're on it. I will follow up and see if I can get a dev update posted here soon.

Thank you mate.

this is really bad....so much time...no feedback....lots of features that we dont have.

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:59 am

Seekerfinder Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:59 am
I've been readying myself for a rant on this. Again Otoy are ignoring the SU community. Fuzzy created such a good base. A number of us have spent a LOT of time on the initial beta.
The current version is broken.
Otoy are again employing the guy supposed to work on SU elsewhere - he has said it. And he's extremely unresponsive.

Are you having difficulty making the business case for Octane for SU? I will help you. It's a no-brainer. The SU user community is bigger than any other 3D software community ... on the planet. Like it or not.

Resmas has shown what can be done with Octane in SU for archviz.
We've used it for all of the GPU Turbine's renderings to date but I not willing to publish this widely because it's... broken!
There are a few very powerful features, some which make the workflow better than standslone. Like OCS and ORBX proxies in addition to OBJ and true 2D views that are real intuitive to manipulate. There are many more.
Trimble brought out the 64bit version and they're real comitted to Sketchup's future.

Users like me and Smicha started looking at other 3D apps partly because of the lack of commitment from Otoy for Octane development for SU.

And all we get from Otoy is a PR response.

I am really angry over this.

Sketchup is here to stay and it's no longer just an 'amateur' app. It's a useful and powerful tool.

Please fix this.....

Seeker out.
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:07 am

smicha Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:07 am
Some time ago I said to myself - it's a waste of time asking for SU plugin development over and over again. And... I've started using Modo - as for modelling this is a top notch tool. But I still use Sketchup for basic design, scaling and arrangement of all elements (as instances) of my classical architecture models. I simply cannot imagine working without Sketchup. Its snapping and scaling tools are unmatched (even Modo is so rough and does not snap to replicas, and slows down with millions of instances). I am amongst dozens of millions of happy SU users. And its power with Octane Standalone is huge.

Seeing again resmas, seeker and many others tired of asking for help and begging for further development of the plugin or at least for minimum communication with us I must support you my friends and say

OTOY, please hire someone who would be fully devoted to the SU plugin development, like Paul is for Modo users. Captain appeared after Bro, promised many things and disappeared. Years ago we had TIG. I miss him so much. There are brilliant SU coders out there - TomTom, Fredo, Chris Fullmer,..., hundreds if not thousands of them. I am pretty sure they would be willing to participate in the coding process. Sketchucation community is waiting for your move, OTOY... and 40 millions of new activations of Sketchup :oops:
Last edited by smicha on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jorgensen » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:18 am

Jorgensen Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:18 am
have otoy givin up on sketchup?

we concider investing in a extra licens to sketchup, but the missing development of the plugin make os hesitate.

we still have en issue when octane tries to write textures (since sep. 2014), cause we have our data on a server - so the plugin is no go for more than a year now :-/
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=42303&start=40

i wonder why otoy seems to ignore this plugin?

thanks
jorgensen
HOME octane standalone v3.07 | octane plugin for sketchup 3.07.0.14 | sketchup pro 2017 17.2.2555 64 bit | windows 10 pro 10.015063 build 15063 | i7-6700k @4.0 GHz | 32gb ram | 2x gtx 1070 | nvidia driver 382.33
Jorgensen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:47 am

resmas Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:47 am
Hello there guys...long time....just becuase with the work and the non response of Otoy i dont come many time to the forum.
Everytimne i open our SU forum seccion .... "still nothing????"

yes its a shame so much work just lay down on the floor...

Octane for SU is broken and still amazing....how can they just dont see that??

In 1 or 2 mounts this would be fully working and letting all other render engines crying....

Now we see Vray....Maxwel...and many other engines using SU and trying so hard....really so hard to enter the SU huge userbase....and in Otoy....just nothing....and we have the best sofware to SU.

And now the Skatter plugin....one of the best to SU is outthere....is suported by all the major rendering engines....and Octane didnt responde to them..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I spoke with the Skatter dev .... her what he said:

"Skatter
Could you get me in touch with the developer? I'm having a hard time to reach them.
Also, please request directly to them that they support Skatter. The more Octane users request it, the better the chance they'll do it.
Thanks,
Thomas"

Resmas
thanks for the reply...
yes its very hard to spec with the SU pluggin dev. We are very frustrated with Octane SU support.
I'm with the develepment of the puggin since the bigging, and Octane for SU is amazing....but its still in beta stage for a lot of time.
Octane is investing all resources in octane 3 and VR....aand Brigade.
Our 1st dev was Vladimir Shumsky aka FuzzyBro (you can find him her on facebook)

"
Skatter
Yeah I got in touch with Fuzzybro about a year ago, he responded once, and then nothing...
Octane does indeed look great, I'd love to see it working with Skatter.

Resmas
He made a master piece...but Octane took him to another project
and since then....the pluggins development is almost stopped
if you get in touch with him he might get you connected with the actual dev that is working on the pluggin
The Octane for SU is the best RT rendering software out there and is still in beta stage....i cant imagine the if they finished the work....a lot of users would join
about the Skatter ...it looks fantastic
i think it can work with octane really easelly.....because Octane read all groups and components as scatter

Resmas
Fuzzy made a lot of work in Octane for SU....but then ...they put im in the big stuff on Octane....VR and Brigade"

well what can we do to make them open their eyes?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Glad to see you all

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rfox » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:54 pm

rfox Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:54 pm
Resmas, Glad to hear that you had pulled up skatter guy to get in touch with octane dev. even thou i'm about skeptic they're going to respond it.
now just give me any reasons to move on and grab a new GPU renderer out there such as Thea render or else....i think I just need some vodka :mrgreen:
3x GTX Titan - Win7 Pro x64 - Intel i7-3930K - ASUS Rampage IV Formula-X79
rfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby CaptainCrowbar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:21 pm

CaptainCrowbar Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:21 pm
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've been kept busy on another project for the last few weeks; unfortunately we don't have enough staff for individual plugins to have a dedicated developer's full time. I'm looking into issues with the SketchUp plugin now, and will also be bringing it up to date for SU 2016 soon.
CaptainCrowbar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Next

Return to SketchUp