Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta o [superseded]

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta o [superseded]
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta o [superseded]

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:11 am

TIG Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:11 am
Here's beta.o
Octane_1022o.zip
(254.01 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

It fixes a stupid typo I made in beta.n :oops:
It's issue in an attempt to get these Mac .command files to auto-execute from Sketchup using UI::openURL(path_to_command_file).
So, Mac users please try and feedback.

I know some Mac users were getting .command files that worked by double-clicking the icon [in beta.l ?]...
So, IF beta.o doesn't auto-execute [OR runs only on double-click] can some of you zip your command files made from beta.i and beta.o and post them please... Unfortunately I am trying to resolve this without having a Mac to try it on - it would be fixed in a trice otherwise :roll:
Last edited by TIG on Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta o

Postby radiance » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:45 am

radiance Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:45 am
i will give it a go here (on one of our Mac machines at the office), however i don't have much experience with sketchup myself.
does it work with the free version ?

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby Burkhard » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Burkhard Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 pm
Good news TIG. octane opens as expected!!!
It is normal that the Terminal windows opens too?
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Nemo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Nemo Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:40 pm
Maybe not but that does sound like progress.

Is everything working fine on the PC side, TIG? Or are there still things to test out? Not that I mind the focus on the Mac side but is all that is left to do on the PC side regression testing?
GeForce 8800 GTS 512|Q6600|Win7 64bit
Nemo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby SurfingAlien » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:19 pm

SurfingAlien Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:19 pm
Yep it works!
I still get redundant info in the executable path, solved by pointing to octane.app instead of the unix exe.

Now I'm trying with some items from the warehouse but I still have some issues regarding texture files (some .jpg are exported to the texture folder, some not - any octane material has only an RGB colour as diffuse channel, no matter wether the texture is exported or not...)

anyways, 2 steps forward... thanks TIG!
MacBookPro unibody 2x2.4GHz | 4Gb | 9400M+9600GT 256Mb | OSX 10.6.8
i7 2600-K @3.4GHz | 8Gb | GTX560Ti 2Gb | Windows7x64 | Octane 1.0 b2.52
SurfingAlien
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 pm

radiance Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 pm
I just installed the free version of sketchup on my windows 7 PC with 2x GTX480,
and i loaded the plugin. (BTW, can you include a installation document with it ? like an install.txt or readme.txt ? it was difficult to find the correct post here where there are installation instructions)

After starting sketchup and loading a scene i got from a friend, i found the 'Octane' in the file menu (can this be changed to 'Octane Render' ?),
and when clicking on it i got the following error.

I just clicked 'yes' and from then on it worked, i managed to configure it and hit render and octane fired up nicely with the model loaded ;)
I'll do a test on the mac system when i get home later tonight and i'll report.

Radiance
Attachments
sketchup-bug.jpg
radiance

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:00 pm

TIG Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:00 pm
Radiance

The java-script error relates to the dialog - I note that you are on XP - it's been tested on Vista without error messages - what version of Internet Explorer do you have? - please try to upgrade to the latest compatible one, and retry... I know older versions of IE cause some glitches...

There is a PDF is the Octane folder inside the zip that covers installation - I could make a simpler README.txt file at the base level too if it helps...

It can be called 'Octane Render' if preferred. It's in the File menu because that's where other Exporters etc are found, I avoided putting it into the Plugins folder as that can get cluttered and you'd get easily overlooked in there... It's up to you...

I can change the name for the next version, I also need to link the help file for Mac as well as PC etc...

Wait to hear about the Mac trial...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 pm

TIG Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 pm
Burkhard wrote:Good news TIG. octane opens as expected!!!
It is normal that the Terminal windows opens too?

Progress at last !

The terminal window does stay open - in a one-off render it would be good if it closed after execution - it should close with Octane ?
It should at least 'minimize'...
For an animation it iterates through the scene list and should remain open as closing it mid-way through will abort any remaining renders - it is the effective way to free-up Sketchup whilst the multiple animation renders are made, but it still gives you the chance to stop the process too...

Thanks for the feedback...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:10 pm

TIG Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:10 pm
SurfingAlien wrote:Yep it works!
I still get redundant info in the executable path, solved by pointing to octane.app instead of the unix exe.

Now I'm trying with some items from the warehouse but I still have some issues regarding texture files (some .jpg are exported to the texture folder, some not - any octane material has only an RGB colour as diffuse channel, no matter whether the texture is exported or not...)

anyways, 2 steps forward... thanks TIG!

I understand that on a Mac the 'octane.app' is the correct target ?
Can you post or PM or link the problem SKP file - in tests [on PC] ALL textures have always exported correctly so far - in the SKP a material always has a RGB value whether or not it has a texture file...

We are progressing... :)
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:09 am

radiance Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:09 am
TIG wrote:Radiance

The java-script error relates to the dialog - I note that you are on XP - it's been tested on Vista without error messages - what version of Internet Explorer do you have? - please try to upgrade to the latest compatible one, and retry... I know older versions of IE cause some glitches...

There is a PDF is the Octane folder inside the zip that covers installation - I could make a simpler README.txt file at the base level too if it helps...

It can be called 'Octane Render' if preferred. It's in the File menu because that's where other Exporters etc are found, I avoided putting it into the Plugins folder as that can get cluttered and you'd get easily overlooked in there... It's up to you...

I can change the name for the next version, I also need to link the help file for Mac as well as PC etc...

Wait to hear about the Mac trial...

this was actually done on a windows 7 x64 machine (with the fancy UI turned off, as i don't like it).
default setup with default IE (as i never upgrade it, i use google chrome)

Radiance
radiance

Next

Return to SketchUp