3DS Max Plugin Not working correctly

Forums: 3DS Max Plugin Not working correctly
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

3DS Max Plugin Not working correctly

Postby shermanjas » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:36 am

shermanjas Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:36 am
I need help bad. Working on a big project and Octane is not working correctly in 3DS max. I have down loaded version 2.04 and installed. Octane works the first time 3DS max is opened but once 3DS max is closed and re opened nothing about octane works. It shows up but will not render. If I reinstall Octane it will again work on the first open of the application but stops working again after close. The standalone version seems to be fine.

I am running a dual xeon with 128 Ram and 4 Titan'xs and
my slave is a i7 5960x 64gb RAM and two Titan X'

I NEED HELP BAD AND AS FAST AS CAN BE I HAVE A DEADLINE I CAN NOT MISS>

Sincerely,
Jason Sherman
shermanjas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: 3DS Max Plugin Not working correctly

Postby face_off » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:55 am

face_off Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:55 am
I don't have an answer, however version 2.04 is incredibly old - you probably want to update to the latest version. And for anyone to help you, they will need to know which Nvidia driver version you have installed, and which version of 3ds max you are running.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby shermanjas » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:30 pm

shermanjas Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:30 pm
I have installed the latest 3DS max Octane version 2.23.2 and still have the issue. Open a scene directly after installation and it works until you close octane. Once 3DS max is closed and then re opened Octane does not work. It looks like it should work but the render viewport comes up blank. I am using 3DS max 2014 Version 17.0 SP1

I am currently running the latest Nvidia drivers version 355.82

I will pay for help at this point.

PLEASE I NEED HELP

Sincerely,
Jason Sherman
shermanjas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:00 pm

face_off Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:00 pm
Jason - may I suggested posting your problem in the https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=27 forum, which is specific to 3ds max. If urgent, you could also email via https://home.otoy.com/get-support/. Not all support staff work through the weekend, so you may need to wait for Monday for a response.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby oguzbir » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:12 am

oguzbir Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:12 am
I use max 4 octane on a daily basis.
So since I and any other users do not report the issue.

Your problem seems to be occurring in your current setup only.
I sadly have no suggestions than re installing max, Not sure if it work though.

License wise
if you own standalone along with octane for max. test if it works with standalone.
If you only have max plugin. make sure your license might need to have both standalone and max activated on same machine.

Maybe re-install a lower version of max ( say if you do your main work on max 2015, re-install max2014 or 2016 )
That way you wont loose any of the settings or scripts in your main max version
See if you have the same problem with those.

İf they have the same problem after you install. Than the problem might be with the nvidia drivers.
Uninstall all of the nvidia drivers.
Restart with no nvidia drivers installed. And then install a previous version of the nvidia driver. (the one before latest driver)

Lastly One of your gpu's might be failing. remove all but one cards and test again.

You can just solve it by eliminating suspects one by one

Edit: Then pay me :) Just kidding.
Good luck
My Portfolio
windows 10 Pro. |1070 + 1070 + 1070 + 1070 | i7 @4.5Ghz
oguzbir
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:04 am

JimStar Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:04 am
NVidia drivers have some issue with TitanX that shows up when 3ds Max draws its native viewports output. CUDA becomes not available during Max is using the accelerated viewports redraw...
So far we've seen this issue when DirectX mode was used in 3ds Max. So you can try to switch to OpenGL mode in Max, perhaps it helps...
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby shermanjas » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:29 pm

shermanjas Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:29 pm
Thanks for all of your help. However I am still having issues. I re installed 3DS Max and Octane for 3DS Max. with all of the latest versions. Once again the first time I use Octane in 3DS Max it works. If I close Max and reopen it. Octane no longer works. It does not recognize my GPU's at all. I have switched the Max display driver to OpenGL in Max and it still does not work.

My deadline is fast approaching and I will not be able to meet it if this is not resolved today..

Sincerely,
Jason Sherman
shermanjas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support