How to adjust texture color, with multiply ?

Forums: How to adjust texture color, with multiply ?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

How to adjust texture color, with multiply ?

Postby neuro » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:55 am

neuro Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:55 am
I realize there's a textureColorCorrect node or something like that, but that just has HSV type controls. Usually in Hypershade with other renderers I just pipe the output (RGB) of the texture to the RGB input of a multiply node. Octane doesn't seem to typically want to operate with nodes like multiply as the output of the Octane texture node seem to be a single component - octaneTex or something, rather than colorOut or R G B components. Is there a way to do a basic RGB color adjustment to octane texture nodes using simple RGB values as described above?

thanks!
neuro

Re: How to adjust texture color, with multiply ?

Postby neuro » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 pm

neuro Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 pm
Maybe a different way to ask this question. Why are most octane node outputs only a single coloe output rather than the traditional maya output where you have the single color output along with its sub R G B components? I'd imagine it's due to the complexities of outputting from Maya to Octane renderer, but I'd be surprised if there weren't any way around this, generic math and other operators are very useful to use when setting up shading networks. I hope there's a way to utilize them.
neuro

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:57 am

bepeg4d Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:57 am
Hi,
since Octane is a physically based spectral render, it is necessary to change the biased workflow and think in a different way. Anyway, there are some nodes in the mapping section that, if combined together, could create something similar to the biased workflow:
here is a possible example made with the c4d plugin and exported to standalone, I hope that can be inspiring for you ;)
ocs scene
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby neuro » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:15 am

neuro Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:15 am
That's perfect, that really helped me understand. I'm not clear on why exactly we can't plug in a multiply as the rgbspectrumtexture is similar in that it has three values you define, RGB, but I guess I just have more to learn. This should do exactly what I need for the time being! More study later ;) Thanks so much!
neuro

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion