Glow issue with 360 Cube Map for RTM submission!

Forums: Glow issue with 360 Cube Map for RTM submission!
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Glow issue with 360 Cube Map for RTM submission!

Postby Chipstarrr » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 am

Chipstarrr Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 am
Hey peeps.

Ok so I got 24 hours into rendering my submission and decided to save out a test render. Looked ok until I realized the glow in post processing seems to allow the glow to bleed over the adjoining panel of the cube. As you will see in the link to the WIP below. Is this a bug in octane? As you will see I really need the glow to get the effect I want!

Cheers

http://render.otoy.com/images/pano_prev ... Ext%3D.png
Chipstarrr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Glow issue with 360 Cube Map for RTM submission!

Postby Goldorak » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:53 pm

Goldorak Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:53 pm
Chipstarrr wrote:Hey peeps.

Ok so I got 24 hours into rendering my submission and decided to save out a test render. Looked ok until I realized the glow in post processing seems to allow the glow to bleed over the adjoining panel of the cube. As you will see in the link to the WIP below. Is this a bug in octane? As you will see I really need the glow to get the effect I want!

Cheers

Do not use ppfx in cube maps. It's been noted in the forums several times. If you have the scene open turn off ppfx and save the image.

If you need to re-render, the cloud service on orc.otoy.com is free during the competition.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Chipstarrr » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:51 pm

Chipstarrr Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:51 pm
Goldorak wrote:
Chipstarrr wrote:Hey peeps.

Cheers

Do not use ppfx in cube maps. It's been noted in the forums several times. If you have the scene open turn off ppfx and save the image.

If you need to re-render, the cloud service on orc.otoy.com is free during the competition.

Unfortunately I closed the Scene before I realised that. Its ok I needed to fix a few things.

I did try to upload to the cloud the other day and it would only let me render at 2048x2048 and 6000 paths. I could not find any info on how to change this to the cube map resolution and as those fans in my submission take ages to clear up, I would need more than 6000 paths! I have been having to use the region render to clear them up! How comes its restricted to 2048x2048?
Chipstarrr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby johnteddy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:44 am

johnteddy Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:44 am
Well you could do glow in After Effects or something, you just have to make sure that it does not go over individual cubemap edges, for example by masking very precisely each cubemap or making a soft mask inside the cubemap... the mask positions and glow settings have to be as identical as possible for both eyes... Its difficult to test this stuff without a headset though... and difficult for your image because stuff is so close to the viewer, so left and right cubemaps will be very different...
johnteddy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion