Orbx player issues

Forums: Orbx player issues
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Orbx player issues

Postby gabrielefx » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:45 am

gabrielefx Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:45 am
Hi,
Now it's about one month I'm playing with my Samsung Gear VR for Galaxy S6
I encountered some issues with my config.
First I deleted from the phone every useless apps, deactivated all notifications.
Energy saving is off.
When I load the orbx player sometime I see the splash video spanning on both eyes.
I see that the player stucks when loading images and doing the crossfade effect between two images.
If I move the head during this process I think there are some processor peaks that generate lags, the orbit sometime is jerky, not smooth.
I know that the S6 processor is faster than the Note4

But...
If I load the Circue due soleil demo everything is fine, orbit is fluid. 3d Games are fluid too.

Probably the orbx player core is optimized for the Note 4 and not for the S6 or isn't optimized for certain Samsung Galaxy S6 phones sold in Italy.
quad Titan Kepler 6GB + quad Titan X Pascal 12GB + quad GTX1080 8GB + dual GTX1080Ti 11GB
gabrielefx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Orbx player issues

Postby Goldorak » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:26 pm

Goldorak Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:26 pm
Do you see the same issues with oculus 360 photos? Also loading thumbnails for new elements will take background cycles if they are not created yet.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Orbx player issues

Postby gabrielefx » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:41 am

gabrielefx Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:41 am
Hi,
I noticed that:
If I plug the phone to the VR helmet and I load the orbx player I see (randomly) jerky navigation, but If I leave the phone plugged for some minutes these issues decrease, not entirely.
If I activate the energy saving the navigation is constantly jerky.
And yes the photo 360 app generates the same jerky navigation but is a random issue.
I don't understand if it's an hardware defect or the Oculus kernel has not been tested on all Galaxy S6 phones.
I think there are installed processes in the European phones that slow down the cpu.
quad Titan Kepler 6GB + quad Titan X Pascal 12GB + quad GTX1080 8GB + dual GTX1080Ti 11GB
gabrielefx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion