Solution for the bug of the blank viewport

Forums: Solution for the bug of the blank viewport
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Solution for the bug of the blank viewport

Postby smicha » Sun May 17, 2015 9:04 am

smicha Sun May 17, 2015 9:04 am
Guys,

For those of you who wants to use latest version and encounters the bug that the render viewport remains blank. Here is my quick tip I just figured out:

1. Close the viewport.
2. Open the material editor (otane materials).
3. Close the material editor.
4. Reopen the viewport - it should work now.

Hope it helps a bit.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Solution for the bug of the blank viewport

Postby Seekerfinder » Sun May 17, 2015 9:17 am

Seekerfinder Sun May 17, 2015 9:17 am
smicha wrote:Guys,

For those of you who wants to use latest version and encounters the bug that the render viewport remains blank. Here is my quick tip I just figured out:

1. Close the viewport.
2. Open the material editor (otane materials).
3. Close the material editor.
4. Reopen the viewport - it should work now.

Hope it helps a bit.

Ooh, I almost thought you were sent like a messenger to me, Smicha! I am on a tender deadline and experiencing this blank viewport. I am not on the latest version though (I'm on 0.13.82). Some of my files open fine, but my 'master' model (it's a big site so I use proxies), gives a blank VP and then every time the 'your display driver has stopped working and has recovered' message... Don't need this now!

If you or anybody else has some insights, it would be greatly appreciated. I am a little scare to install the latest version since it seems not to be a very solid release and I'm worried something else brakes at this point. But I may not have a choice. Incidentally, I get the exact same error in SU2014. It seems to be file related somehow. My precious 40 hour labour file...

Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Solution for the bug of the blank viewport

Postby Seekerfinder » Sun May 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Seekerfinder Sun May 17, 2015 9:36 pm
Seekerfinder wrote:Ooh, I almost thought you were sent like a messenger to me, Smicha! I am on a tender deadline and experiencing this blank viewport. I am not on the latest version though (I'm on 0.13.82). Some of my files open fine, but my 'master' model (it's a big site so I use proxies), gives a blank VP and then every time the 'your display driver has stopped working and has recovered' message... Don't need this now!

If you or anybody else has some insights, it would be greatly appreciated. I am a little scare to install the latest version since it seems not to be a very solid release and I'm worried something else brakes at this point. But I may not have a choice. Incidentally, I get the exact same error in SU2014. It seems to be file related somehow. My precious 40 hour labour file...

Seeker

Just an update. It seems to have been some SU geometry that caused the issue. When I went back to a slightly older version of the file, no more issues. I got the issue again when messing with some displacement, which seems to still cause problems sometimes in Octane.

Anyway, did not mean to interrupt Smicha's post - just thought I'd update.

Cheers,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp