Octane Poser Plug in

Forums: Octane Poser Plug in
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Octane Poser Plug in

Postby PlatinumIceDragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 pm

PlatinumIceDragon Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 pm
Hi all.
I am currently enjoying the amazing power of the 3 month trial from Octane VR standalone, however as a Poser artist, I wanted the trial for that plug in as thought this was also included in the free trial, but when I try to use the username and password issued to my account, I get a message telling that it is incorrect. Does anyone know if i am doing anything wrong, or can I only have one version active at a time?

Many Thanks - PlatinumIceDragon
PlatinumIceDragon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Poser Plug in

Postby face_off » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 pm

face_off Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 pm
Hi, if you have already authenticated OctaneVR Standalone, then you can install the "VR" version of the Poser plugin, then authenticate the Poser plugin with your Octane VR Poser username and password (which are different to the OctaneVR Standalone username/password) - but on the same Subscriptions page at https://render.otoy.com/account/octanelive_sub_licenses.php.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby PlatinumIceDragon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:55 pm

PlatinumIceDragon Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:55 pm
Thank you for the reply Paul. Unfortunately My Username and password that I used on the Standalone Octane VR - won't work on the poser plug in.. It tells me that it is invalid.
PlatinumIceDragon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby proy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:39 pm

proy Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:39 pm
Thanks Face_Off. I was bit confused like PlatinumIceDragon and was trying to Authenticate Poser Plugin with Octane VR code. But now as per your suggestions , I entered poserVR plugin code and everything is working fine. Thanks a lot.
proy

Postby face_off » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 pm

face_off Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 pm
Thank you for the reply Paul. Unfortunately My Username and password that I used on the Standalone Octane VR - won't work on the poser plug in.. It tells me that it is invalid.
That's correct - your Standalone VR username password is different from your Poser VR password. I have added detailed instructions at http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Poser/?page_id=401 which should resolve you issue.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby PlatinumIceDragon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:48 pm

PlatinumIceDragon Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:48 pm
Thank you soo much Paul - that's fixed my problem cheers mate!
PlatinumIceDragon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby proy » Fri May 01, 2015 5:49 pm

proy Fri May 01, 2015 5:49 pm
Hello Brother,

Every time I run Poser VR Plugin it shows Octane Live User ID but blank password. When I enter password it authenticates perfectly.

My question is that do I have to enter password manually every time to Authenticate. Is there any way to automatically store password like that of Standalone VR version?

Its very irritating to enter password every time to start the Poser plugin.

Please help me.
proy

Postby face_off » Sat May 02, 2015 2:36 am

face_off Sat May 02, 2015 2:36 am
My question is that do I have to enter password manually every time to Authenticate. Is there any way to automatically store password like that of Standalone VR version?
Hi - yes, your password should be saved automatically after you authenticate the first time. You shouldn't need to enter your password again. The username and password is stored in the file C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\10\access.orp, so you can check that that file exists to confirm it is being saved.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion