OctaneRender™ 2.2 for LightWave™ RC

Forums: OctaneRender™ 2.2 for LightWave™ RC
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

OctaneRender™ 2.2 for LightWave™ RC

Postby juanjgon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:43 pm

juanjgon Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:43 pm
This is the release candidate build of the OctaneRender™ 2.2 for LightWave™ plugin. This 2.23.2.1 release is available for Lightwave 10.1, 11.6 and 2015.2 Windows x32/x64 and OSX x64

RC build 2.23.2.1
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... indows.zip
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .1_OSX.zip

Standalone version for the network rendering nodes 2.23.2
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... _win64.exe
http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... _macos.dmg

Documentation
http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Lightwave3D/

=============================================
QUICK FIX 2.23.2.1

* NEW FEATURES:

- New option in the render target to disable the LightWave compositing functions in the Octane rendered image.
- The online docs have been updated with the last features

* BUGS FIXED:
- Memory leak rendering sequences with the multipass MB and the reload scene for each pass enabled. Fixed.
- Broken Motion Blur in the final F9/F10 rendering in objects with both transformations and deformations at the same time. Fixed.
- Right clicking on projection input does not offer camera projection input. Fixed.
- The plugin doesn't save the PNG passes files if the render layers feature is enabled. Fixed.
- The instancers over particle emitters that have no particles at the beginning of the animation can't be updated in the IPR or rendered in update mode. Fixed.
- The camera mapping node can't be shared by two or more texture nodes. Fixed.

QUICK FIX 2.23.2.0

* NEW FEATURES:

- New Clay mode button in the IPR window. This feature allows you to set the clay mode for the IPR rendering and doesn't change the main clay rendering mode in the render target.
- New option in the miltipass MB panel to reload the scene for each pass. Can be used to render scenes with motion blur while using RealFlow or FiberFX.

* BUGS FIXED:
- Swithed the zoom in/out drag direction in the ALT+CTRL IPR zoom feature.
- The IPR CTRL+ALT zoom feature is now less senistive.
- More robust instancing system to avoid problems with the new IPR "selected only" rendering mode
- Fixed incorrect UV subdivisions.
- Fixed layer mask alpha channel, which is now exactly the same as for the other info channels (except the layer ID pass).
- Fixed light pass alpha channel, to make it match the alpha channel of the other channels.

RELEASE 2.23.1.0

* NEW FEATURES:

- Removed the IPR window size limited to the screen resolution in the Windows builds.
- Info passes don't have an alpha channel anymore.
- Brought back the kernel option "keep environment".
- Changed the direction of the cube-map: The center of the view (i.e. that part that usually would appear in the center of the equirectangular projection) is now in the -Z face (was in the +X cube face).
- New "Seq. Random FiberFX UVs" option in the Octane custom object plugin. If enabled, the UV map of the base object in the FiberFX hair is not used, and the hair UVs are sequential random.
- "Autosize" function in the Octane Projection node.
- CTRL+ALT+drag 2D zoom control in the IPR (for Wacom users)
- ALT+drag 2D pan control in the IPR (for Wacom users)
- New IPR buttons layout to make room for more buttons and functions.
- New "Sel Only" button switch in the IPR. If enabled only the selected objects will be loaded in the Octane scene. Remember that to render instances, the instancer object and all the objects to instanced must be selected.
- The IPR remembers the window size among sessions in the "Default" size mode.
- New "No Upd." button switch in the IPR. Similar to the "Pause" funcition (if enabled, the IPR scene is not updated while the user is working with the Layout), but with this switch the Octane rendering is not paused. After disable this switch, the plugin updates the scene to the current state.

* BUGS FIXED:
- The material picker has problems if the option to open the node editor is disabled. Fixed.
- The UV maps are destroyed in the polygonal hair in the scene update process. Fixed.
- Fixed pixel filter radius for info channel
- Fixed the bug that made matte objects stand out from environment due to different DOF.
- Fixed GPU crashes when using out-of-core textures with multiple devices.
- Fixed object motion blur for some cases
- Tried to improve stability of the OctaneLive authentication, when the Internet connection is unstable.
- Fixed an issue with the render layers prefix file names
Last edited by juanjgon on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender™ 2.2 for LightWave™ RC

Postby gordonrobb » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:49 pm

gordonrobb Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:49 pm
Thanks
Windows 8 Pro | i7 3770 OC | 32 GB Ram | Single Titan (plus Black Edition on Order) | Octane Lightwave |
gordonrobb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Lewis » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Lewis Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:59 pm
Great, "Keep Environment" is back. Massive thanks to OTOY team and Juan for this :).
--
Lewis
http://www.ram-studio.hr
Skype - lewis3d
ICQ - 7128177

WS AMD TRPro 3955WX, 256GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090, 1 * RTX 3090
RS1 i7 9800X, 64GB RAM, Win10, 3 * RTX 3090
RS2 i7 6850K, 64GB RAM, Win10, 2 * RTX 4090
Lewis
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby atnreg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:18 pm

atnreg Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:18 pm
Once again, very impressive list of improvements :mrgreen:

BTW, any news about Win8 IPR flicker problem? I use Win7 but there are others who use Win8 and for them it is quite annoying (I know one, that's how I know)...obviously it is not easy to fix but do they have any hope for near future fix? :)

Anyway, for Win7 there are no such problems so this will be once again great update (I will try it tomorrow, now it's too late need to sleep) :mrgreen:

Thank you very much Juanjo!

Antti
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990wx (32c/64t),64GB RAM,NVIDIA GTX 1080ti,Win10
Clarisse 4,Houdini 18 (+Octane 2019),Blender2.81,Fusion360,Onyx,ZBrush,SubstPnt...
Started: Houdini 2019, Clarisse 2016
No business, just fun :)
atnreg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:47 pm

juanjgon Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:47 pm
I am aware about the Windows 8.1 IPR flickering issue ... the problem is that I don't know why, but now I cant reproduce this problem here :(

If anybody with Windows 8.1 have this problem with this last build, please let me know. The problem seems to be system dependent, perhaps related to work with several GPUs, or with embedded GPUs in laptops, or the drivers ... I am not sure. Also I know that the Hub can be a problem, so it is important to know if the Hub is enabled when the IPR is working.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BorisGoreta » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:57 pm

BorisGoreta Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:57 pm
What is the difference between ALT+drag in IPR window and just drag in IPR with Wacom pen ? For me it is the same behaviour.

We need more precise zoom control, ALT+CTRL+drag is a nice addition but there are a couple of problems, it is too sensitive and it doesn't zoom to mouse pointer position but always at the center of the screen. I would rather have a zoom method where you draw a rectangle and the content of this rectangle enlarges to the current size of the IPR window.
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:03 pm

juanjgon Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:03 pm
BorisGoreta wrote:What is the difference between ALT+drag in IPR window and just drag in IPR with Wacom pen ? For me it is the same behaviour.

It is the same. Really I don't know how a Wacom tablet works, I have never worked with a tablet, so I don't know how they works and their issues. It was a feature request of a user, that wanted this workflow.

Other Wacom user just told today to me that the best workflow is to use the MMB for panning and MMB+LMB for zooming ... really I don't know.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BorisGoreta » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:04 pm

BorisGoreta Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:04 pm
Is it possible to implement a rectangle zoom ?
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 pm

juanjgon Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 pm
BorisGoreta wrote:Is it possible to implement a rectangle zoom ?

All is possible :) ... let me think about it, but anyway I think that this could be a plugin feature for Octane 3 ;) ... First I want to close a rock solid, production ready 2.2 version, to continue working in next new features of the plugin.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BorisGoreta » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:30 pm

BorisGoreta Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:30 pm
Ok thanks, but could you make it that dragging right is zooming in and dragging left is zooming out ? I mean this is what I would expect since other programs wotk that way.
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Lightwave 3D