Octane VR

Forums: Octane VR
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Re: Octane VR

Postby face_off » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:06 am

face_off Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:06 am
Peter - I recommend not authenticating OctaneVR on a PC which already has Octane commercial version running. The two do not run side-by-side. You can only have one PC authenticated to one of either OctaneVR or Octane commercial, so when you authenticate OctaneVR, Octane commercial gets un-authenticated (and vie-visa). Octane Standalone 2.22.2 will only run with an authenticated Octane commercial license, and OctaneVR (2.23) will only run with an authenticated OctaneVR license.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby p3taoctane » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 am

p3taoctane Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 am
Went to the User Library and emptied the OctaneRender Contents
Relaunched and had to re-activate... so one would think that with the OVR subscription info now being put in fresh.. it activated successfully.
Opened in Stand-Alone mode again. I know it is the 77day license so it is the OVR one ... but it is not in browser mode!

Any other files somewhere that might be hidden somewhere that stops it running X.IO mode.

I may be the only stand-alone user wanting to run the browser mode... but heop you can help troublse shoot why it is not working. If Otoy goes cloud-based eventually (like I suspect it will at some point) this will need to be sorted out for many users.

Thanks for bearing with me Hellguy

Peter
Windows 7 Pro_SP 1_64 bit_48 GB Ram_Intel Xeon X5660 2.80 GHZ x2_6 580GTX_1 Quadra 4800
p3taoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby p3taoctane » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:16 am

p3taoctane Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:16 am
Thanks Paul
That makes sense mate. I understand not trying to run both versions on ya PC.
I will tell you my thinking so I do not sound too much like a moron.

My Mac Book Air can be hooked up to a external thunderbolt extension box and with some ktext file changes and altering the Driver installer I can run the stand-alone on my Air. Fantastic... really is great... BUT if I do automatic updates and systems get upgraded and drivers reloaded etc I have to do that all over again... AND I have to lug around my extension box with me when I go home etc.

Hence I have been waiting patiently for the Cloud version to be ready. (I have other PC's that have stand-alone lic. and extension boxes on em that do the grunt work... but running Octane on my Laptop sitting in bed testing a shader or a simple lighting trick would be ideal.

So when I played with the OVR demo in a browser.... I felt like the cats PJ's

Wanted to set my Air book to do just that... The demo runs on it. Hoping to get the trial as well. Even if I have to take all of the old stand-lone off for now.

Does that make sense mate?

Thanks

Peter
Windows 7 Pro_SP 1_64 bit_48 GB Ram_Intel Xeon X5660 2.80 GHZ x2_6 580GTX_1 Quadra 4800
p3taoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby hellguy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:18 am

hellguy Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:18 am
Sorry, I think you have confused OctaneVR and X.IO.

OctaneVR has no Streaming to browser functionality, we use our X.IO service to stream a copy of OctaneVR on our website.
The download of OctaneVR installs the same application that is streamed via X.IO on our website.
hellguy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby p3taoctane » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:32 am

p3taoctane Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:32 am
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Oh crap :>))

I always thought the X.IO streaming capability (That one can use if one wants to use Amazon's streaming software) was a prelude to Otoy's own in the cloud version.

When your demo shows your grid device as the GPUs in the preferences etc. I thought VR was "Virtual Rendering." So if I downloaded OVR that is what I would get.
Does it refer to Virtual Reality instead? Oculus head-gear etc....

Don't I feel like a real dick-in-a-box :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh well .... my excitement will slowly drain away... I am right that Otoy does plan on providing its own cloud rendering service correct? When is that slated ... vers 3?

Thanks Again... I know I could do it with Amazon... but I tried setting it up and it was such a pain.)

The demo looks great though... I want that : > )

Keep up the great work and thanks for the clarification

Peter
p3taoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gabrielefx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:33 am

gabrielefx Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:33 am
Hi,
I don't understand....
I don't see 3DS Max Plugin for Octane VR
How I deploy Octane VR scenes on my Samsung S6?
I'm waiting for the new Gear VR.

regards
quad Titan Kepler 6GB + quad Titan X Pascal 12GB + quad GTX1080 8GB + dual GTX1080Ti 11GB
gabrielefx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:07 am

glimpse Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:07 am
gabrielefx wrote:Hi,
I don't understand....
I don't see 3DS Max Plugin for Octane VR
How I deploy Octane VR scenes on my Samsung S6?
I'm waiting for the new Gear VR.

regards

still a lot of this is still work in progress..2.23 was just released, so I guess plugins will follow =)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion