NEW - Released! OctaneRender for Nuke Plugin

Forums: NEW - Released! OctaneRender for Nuke Plugin
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

NEW - Released! OctaneRender for Nuke Plugin

Postby win » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 pm

win Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 pm
OctaneRender for Nuke is now available.

OctaneRender for Nuke is a Nuke 8/9 (incl Studio/X) plugin which enables users to render Nuke 3d geometry and/or existing Octane scene in OctaneRender from within the Nuke application.

Features include:

1. Render OCS and ORBX scenes created with Octane Standalone or any of the Octane plugins. Any animated geometry or camera data from the OCS/ORBX file (in an ABC Scene Node) is tied to the Nuke timeline, so scrubbing the timeline will move the Octane time to the relevant point.
1 nuke render ocs.png

2. Nuke 3d geometry (Cylinder, Cube, Card, Sphere and GeoRead) with can the rendered with the OctaneRender Node, or if the OctaneRender node has already had an OCS/ORBX file imported, any Nuke 3d geometry will be added to the scene.
2 nuke 3d geo.png

3. Access all Octane Render Passes (currently 38 different passes available) in the Nuke channel.
3 nuke render passes channels.png

4. Edit Octane materials and render settings via the Octane NodeGraph editor window. Changes made in the NodeGraph window update immediately in the Nuke viewer.
4 nuke nodegraph window.png

5. Integration with HDR Light Studio, including LightPainting by mouse clicking the Nuke Viewer.
5 nuke hdrls integration.png

6.Live updating of Nuke 3d Geometry transform changes to the Octane scene (and the Nuke Viewer). So if you move a cube, the Octane render picks the movement up immediately - no need for a scene refresh.

7.Export an animation sequence (which can contain both import Octane geometry and Nuke 3d geometry) to ORBX or OCS for sending to a render farm.
7 nuke geowriter.png

8.Import Octane geometry (from ABC and OBJ Mesh nodes) into the Nuke 3d scene for visualization purposes.

9. The Octane camera can be controlled from a Nuke 3d Camera (connected to the OctaneRender node).
9 nuke camera tracking and import geo.png

10. Render animation sequences via the OctaneRender node as you would with the Nuke ScanlineRender node.

11. Focus, Material, White Balance and HDR Light Studio LightPaint picking (by clicking geometry in the Nuke Viewer window) is supported.

12. Ability to switch on Caching, so each render is then placed in the Nuke cache for fast replay.

Limitations:
1. Nuke 3d Geometry which is exposed to Nuke plugins as Point Clouds will not be rendered.
2. The plugin assumes there is one rendertarget node in the Octane scene. Multiple rendertarget nodes are not supported.
3. Octane Node pin values set using the “Edit Octane Scene” button cannot be animated. Animation of these pins is planned in the future.
4. Nuke 3d Geometry Shaders are not converted to Octane Materials when rendering Nuke 3d geometry. You will need to setup the Octane Materials separately via the Edit Octane Scene button.
5. The Nuke UI is blocked whilst rendering each frame when Cache Renders is enabled.

NOTE: Due to the high load that Nuke puts on GPU enabled cards, it is highly recommended that you use your on-board graphics or a second graphics card as the Windows display adapter]
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: NEW - Released! OctaneRender for Nuke Plugin

Postby glimpse » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:35 am

glimpse Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:35 am
Congrats with Another Great Release Guys! =)

Got curious: what are/will be the key differences between plugins for AE & Nuke implementations?
Anything to know before choosing either of those?
(maybe there are some specifics that You're aware of)

Thanks for any thoughs on this topic!
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:46 am

face_off Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:46 am
Hi Tom. The short answer is....I don't know. You'll need to wait of the AE plugin to be released to make an assessment. And I'm expected to add quite a bit of functionality to the Nuke plugin over the beta period (and I'm sure the same will happen with AE). For example, I'm already working on a replacement for the Render Status Window, and also working on "animators". I guess it depends a) do you need something now, and b) which host app do you prefer using.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby glimpse » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 am

glimpse Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 am
face_off wrote:The short answer is....I don't know. You'll need to wait of the AE plugin to be released to make an assessment.
I guess it depends a) do you need something now, and b) which host app do you prefer using.

honestly, Paul, I'm just looking to put Octane on rendering videos & I'm curious which way to choose...

Till now I tried both (Nuke & AE) & for simple tasks both are overkill, but since I would really like to utilize Octane it makes sense to finally sit on one of them (that's where the questions comes from =)

Aside from that, I'm trying to research other compatibility/plugins/community side of those programs as that's no less important part too =) but it would be nice to know strong/weak sides comparing OR plugins.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:24 pm

face_off Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:24 pm
I haven't used AE very much at all, so can't speak on it. But I found Nuke to be pretty easy to learn - and a lot of fun to use. I can see why it's so widely used by the VFX studios. Sorry I can't be more help.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mzo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:17 am

mzo Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:17 am
Hi,

Is there any update about the release of OctaneRender for Nuke on OSX?

Thanks
mzo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:06 am

face_off Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:06 am
Is there any update about the release of OctaneRender for Nuke on OSX?
Whilst the plugin is very stable on Windows and Linux, I have had a lot of problems getting it to compile and run in a stable fashion on OSX. The Nuke OSX plugin development environment is challenging to work with - so I have stopped work on the OSX version. If there is sufficient interest from users, I can take another look in the future.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mzo » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:15 am

mzo Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:15 am
Too bad, but I understand. It would be good for the Mac users of Nuke to be able to use a great renderer as Octane directly inside Nuke. Also, as far as I know all the alternative renderers to the default Nuke’s scanline are currently for Windows or Linux only (aside from PRman, which in its current state is not an ideal option for most users). I hope you guys change your mind at some point in the near future. In the meantime, keep up the good work!
mzo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby brutesque » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:10 pm

brutesque Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:10 pm
I bought the Nuke plugin, only to find out osx wasn't supported yet.
So +1 for the osx port :)
brutesque
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:21 am

face_off Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:21 am
I have finally been able to resolve the issues getting the plugin to work under OSX, so there is now a working OSX version. If you would be to beta test the OSX release, pls msg me and I will organise a trial license.

Thanks

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Next

Return to News & Announcements