Titan Z is on SALE! (~1£ in UK)

Forums: Titan Z is on SALE! (~1£ in UK)
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Re: Titan Z is on SALE! (~1£ in UK)

Postby rappet » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:42 pm

rappet Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:42 pm
One year ago:
Look at the guy... He makes me lol
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:36 am

glimpse Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:36 am
ou, Jay2C =)..he's a gamer & he's biased..I mean, nVidia made an interesting choice - they haven't provided any review samples for bloggers/review Guys & sites =)..-this pissed them way more than price itself =DDD However, they made waves & guess what gained from that "exposure" - You're right nVidia!!! =)

interesting fact, the same Jay2c showed his mess after some time..- for some understandable reason he was very much talking about TitanZ, but completely good with multiple AMD PRO cards..dusting on his shelf - that cost even more, why? well, 'because he got those for free =DDD so..

to sum things uo - it will be interesting to see the pricing of next card from "Titan line" - I just guess it will not be cheap , at all =DDD actually nVidias' CEO made a comparison of Z to roadster/sport car - it's a "luxury product" in a way, it doesn't have to carry proportional price tag =)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:01 am

smicha Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:01 am
I saw the video when Z had been released. For 3k this was complete nonsense; for 1.5k great value. Jay was completely right, but yes - he is a character :)

Guys,
Delivery with EK waterblocks for 2x Zs is knocking at my door...

PS. waterblock, or water-block or water block - which one is correct? Every time I use 'waterblock' chrome marks it as incorrect.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:12 am

glimpse Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:12 am
smicha wrote: ..he is a character :)

agree on that & yeah..3k$ was to steep of a climb for dual GPU..

Delivery with EK waterblocks for 2x Zs is knocking at my door...

Yeah! waiting for some shots! =)

PS. waterblock, or water-block or water block - which one is correct? Every time I use 'waterblock' chrome marks it as incorrect.

I had the same thought lately =DDD, but use it in different ways, 'cos seen from companies use differently too..=) guess,, it's a new word in a way, that's why it's usage is so messy =)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rappet » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:49 pm

rappet Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:49 pm
Over here just a very few Titan Z's are left for sale and not 1500€, but now 2800€.
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rappet » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:09 pm

rappet Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:09 pm
To continue the story... and out of couriosity I looked up the Titan Z on the internet.

There are still, but just a on or two of Titan Z for sale about 2000 euro and a few second hands for 600-700 euro to find... and I wonder if the 2K is actually deliverable when one would like to order...my guess is that only second hands are the one to get your hands on.

In the slip stream of the new 1080's, I would still prefer a Titan Z... or is that a stupid thought :roll:

cheers,
rappet
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Resources and Sharing