ORBX.js and Octane Cloud - in the Amazon Marketplace!

Forums: ORBX.js and Octane Cloud - in the Amazon Marketplace!
Cloud services news and announcements

Re: ORBX.js and Octane Cloud - in the Amazon Marketplace!

Postby bcravin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:10 am

bcravin Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:10 am
Why are you guys not giving any updates on this? This could be one of the greatest features on Octane if you make it simple enough. Why are you letting it just fade away with no updates, and no hype? Give us something here guys!!
bcravin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Goldorak Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:39 pm
bcravin wrote:Why are you guys not giving any updates on this? This could be one of the greatest features on Octane if you make it simple enough. Why are you letting it just fade away with no updates, and no hype? Give us something here guys!!

See my earlier post.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby martincarlson » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:56 am

martincarlson Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:56 am
Am I retarded? Very confused.

I'm very intersted in Octane Cloud solution. Is that what you call X.IO? Or is it Brigade? Or both? Signed up to X.IO. Still don't get it. I know it is in beta stage - but am i supposed to make it workable to try it out somehow? Cannot find any help or instructions.
Martin Carlson, Visual and Audial Designer at Katzenwaffe Creative Studio | www.katzenwaffe.se | Soundcloud | Twitter

Intel Core i7-5930K / ASUS X99-E WS / 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB / 32 GB RAM / Windows 10 / C4D R16 / Octane Standalone 3.03.3 / OctaneC4D 3.03.3-R1
martincarlson
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:43 am

Seekerfinder Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:43 am
martincarlson wrote:Am I retarded? Very confused.

I'm very intersted in Octane Cloud solution. Is that what you call X.IO? Or is it Brigade? Or both? Signed up to X.IO. Still don't get it. I know it is in beta stage - but am i supposed to make it workable to try it out somehow? Cannot find any help or instructions.

Otoy don't always communicate very well. My understanding is that X.IO is a web streaming service primarily for application developers. If a developer does not make their app available on the x.io platform, you can't access it. Brigade is way beyond its due date. Then there is Amazon Web Services for which, according to some who tried it, you needed an Informatix degree to set up.

So it's not just you. The 'one click' solution is simply not available yet. Otoy must be working on it because they've limited local network rendering to 12GPU's... Possibly to protect their impending cloud offering's business case. In the meanwhile it remains confusing.

Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby salmon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:45 am

salmon Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:45 am
hope it helps
"Otoy takes 3D graphics and virtual reality app development into the cloud"
Jules Urbach, CEO of Otoy
http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/28/otoy- ... the-cloud/
salmon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby heartlessphil » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:05 am

heartlessphil Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:05 am
I've tested X.IO with sketchup make, seems to work perfectly. I uploaded Blender to test it. waiting approval.

I Wonder if it's gonna be possible to upload 3ds max (without plugins I guess). Or if I could export a Octane scene made in 3ds max to Octane standalone in the cloud, that could do it. That's only if I can preserve my textures/cameras etc. I cannot do that with my 1.20 license. I hope this feature is avalaible in latest version, which I plan to buy soon.

Well, so far, it looks promising...
heartlessphil

Postby Goldorak » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:05 am

Goldorak Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:05 am
heartlessphil wrote:I've tested X.IO with sketchup make, seems to work perfectly. I uploaded Blender to test it. waiting approval.

I Wonder if it's gonna be possible to upload 3ds max (without plugins I guess). Or if I could export a Octane scene made in 3ds max to Octane standalone in the cloud, that could do it. That's only if I can preserve my textures/cameras etc. I cannot do that with my 1.20 license. I hope this feature is avalaible in latest version, which I plan to buy soon.

For Octane customers, we'll provide whitelisted DCC apps pre-installed with Octane 2.x plug-ins via X.IO, and make those available on OTOY.com
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Seekerfinder » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Seekerfinder Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:00 pm
Goldorak wrote:
heartlessphil wrote:I've tested X.IO with sketchup make, seems to work perfectly. I uploaded Blender to test it. waiting approval.

For Octane customers, we'll provide whitelisted DCC apps pre-installed with Octane 2.x plug-ins via X.IO, and make those available on OTOY.com

Goldorak,
Do you know which apps with make the 'white list'? And is there a timeframe at all for X.IO?

Cheers,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Goldorak Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:12 pm
Blender is going to be first. We have 7 other Octane enabled apps in private beta testing at the moment.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby heartlessphil » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:01 am

heartlessphil Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:01 am
Are we going to see something for octane in 3ds max on X.io?
heartlessphil

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements