OctaneRender 3 for Revit [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for Revit [OBSOLETE]
Autodesk Revit (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Revit Beta 2.12.1 [TEST]

Postby Seekerfinder » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Seekerfinder Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:17 pm
Seekerfinder wrote:
face_off wrote:
The problem with "all you need to do is randomly rotate the proxy host objects" as you suggest is that it is a very time-intensive exercise.

Hendrik - does https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/HelpDoc?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com:randomizerv004:en&mode=live do what you need?

Paul

Hi Paul,
I missed your reply before for some reason... Thanks. Will have a look at the app and report back but it looks like it might do the trick.

Best,
Seeker

Hi again Paul,
I installed the Randomizer plugin but sadly it can only randomize parameters that are predefined in families. Adding a rotation parameter to trees seems not to be possible for some reason (it may just be beyond my family editing skills). Also, it can handle nested families (such as Revit trees).

It would be great if you could add that random size & rotation figure to the plugin! It would enhance the proxy feature significantly.

Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:04 pm

face_off Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:04 pm
Hi Seeker - can you pls send me the ORBX you are trying to import?

EDIT: I think this is actually an installer issue. I will post a fix shortly....

Thanks

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:36 pm

face_off Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:36 pm
I installed the Randomizer plugin but sadly it can only randomize parameters that are predefined in families. Adding a rotation parameter to trees seems not to be possible for some reason (it may just be beyond my family editing skills). Also, it can handle nested families (such as Revit trees).
Seeker - this post appears to explain how to randomly position. Does that help?

http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/random-tree-heights-and-locations-in.html

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby face_off » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:00 pm

face_off Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:00 pm
I have refreshed the installers at the top of this thread with:

- Fixed installer issue introduced in 2.12.1.18 preventing ORBX proxies from being loaded

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Seekerfinder » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:37 am

Seekerfinder Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:37 am
face_off wrote:I have refreshed the installers at the top of this thread with:

- Fixed installer issue introduced in 2.12.1.18 preventing ORBX proxies from being loaded

Paul

Hi Paul,
I installed 2.12.1.19 and I could get the ORBX proxy to load with a very simple ORBX file with no nodes attached but it's still not working with other ORBX files and I get the error below, complaining about unconnected nodes. But there are no disconnected nodes in the file - node structure attached (I know it's small but it's just to confirm that there are no disconnected nodes. I removed render target and environment nodes - still, no luck.

As a matter of interest, could you not make the plugin simply ignore disconnected / floating nodes?

Best,
Seeker

ORBX LOAD ISSUE - 2.12.1.19.jpg

ORBX-STRUCTURE.jpg
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:38 am

Seekerfinder Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:38 am
face_off wrote:
Hendrik - this post appears to explain how to randomly position. Does that help?

http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/random-tree-heights-and-locations-in.html

Paul

Thanks Paul. Will check it out and report back.

Best,
Seeker
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:16 am

Seekerfinder Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:16 am
Seekerfinder wrote:
face_off wrote:
Hendrik - this post appears to explain how to randomly position. Does that help?

Paul

Thanks Paul. Will check it out and report back.

Best,
Seeker

Hi Paul,

Those sample family files seem to be corrupt. I will play with it a bit more to see if I can achieve some joy but adding a parametric rotation and scale functions to families seem to be a complex affair.

Seeker

TREE ROTATE corrupt files.jpg
TREE ROTATE corrupt files.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 8441 times
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 am

face_off Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 am
I installed 2.12.1.19 and I could get the ORBX proxy to load with a very simple ORBX file with no nodes attached but it's still not working with other ORBX files and I get the error below, complaining about unconnected nodes. But there are no disconnected nodes in the file - node structure attached (I know it's small but it's just to confirm that there are no disconnected nodes. I removed render target and environment nodes - still, no luck.
Hi Seeker - the ORBX needs to have one MESH node not plugged into anything. If you send me the ORBX's you are trying to load, I can check them out.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Seekerfinder » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Seekerfinder Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:43 pm
face_off wrote:
Hi Hendrik - the ORBX needs to have one MESH node not plugged into anything. If you send me the ORBX's you are trying to load, I can check them out.

Paul

I get that we can only have one mesh not plugged into anything, but does it work both ways? I.e. can something (material nodes) be plugged into the mesh node?

Cheers,
Seeker
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:09 pm

face_off Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:09 pm
I get that we can only have one mesh not plugged into anything, but does it work both ways? I.e. can something (material nodes) be plugged into the mesh node?
Yes - you can plugin materials in. The ORBX you load as the proxy should look something like below in Standalone....

Paul
Attachments
revit obrx proxy.png
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Autodesk Revit