Doing Everything (Well Almost) In Octane Standalone

Forums: Doing Everything (Well Almost) In Octane Standalone
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Doing Everything (Well Almost) In Octane Standalone

Postby Jaberwocky » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Jaberwocky Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:51 pm
As the heading suggest's . This morning i tried to answer the question

Apart from creating the mesh, can you do everything else in Octane Standalone ?

Well , it turns out you can....whether you'd want to though is a whole different matter ! ;)

I started by created a spacecraft panel and UV mapped it.

I then Imported the mesh into Octane and started layering up and positioning the various diffused and Bump Maps on the surface.

The result is attached.

One thing I found out is that you can Layer up Bump maps.I also Changed The Gamma settings on various layers to help with the strength of the bumps and the colors of the diffused maps to pass through the layers.

I've attached the .Orbx File if anyone want's to have a play !

Jaba

It does make you wonder if a Lua Script for importing and stacking layers directly within Octane might be a good idea !
Attachments
space craft paneling.orbx
(395.39 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Octane Screen Shot.jpg
panel original.jpg
CPU:-AMD 1055T 6 core, Motherboard:-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+, Gigabyte GTX 460-1GB, RAM:-8GB Kingston hyper X Genesis DDR3 1600Mhz D/Ch, Hard Disk:-500GB samsung F3 , OS:-Win7 64bit
Jaberwocky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Resources and Sharing