render viewport does not update

Forums: render viewport does not update
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

render viewport does not update

Postby macchiorlatti » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:45 pm

macchiorlatti Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:45 pm
1) Sometimes render viewport does not update the camera movement (and I have to restart sketchup)
2) If I close an re-open the render viewport render doesn't restart (during the same session)
3) If I close the "octane material editor" and re-open it, it is white (blank)
...beta version
4) Please: somebody can publish some simple emitter material (or lamp component/group)? It would be very useful.
5) PMC and path tracing kernels produce a large number of noise dots in the dark zones of the model and it seems that they increase during the rendering. There is a method/setting to reduce them (Direct lighning produce a too fake result in nightime simulation)

hope to be not too boring ;)
thx
macchiorlatti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: render viewport does not update

Postby Seekerfinder » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:46 am

Seekerfinder Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:46 am
Of all those this one is the worst one for me...
macchiorlatti wrote:3) If I close the "octane material editor" and re-open it, it is white (blank)

And it occurs in the previous (not latest) versions as well. Fuzzy, you need to nail this sucker!

Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:33 pm

resmas Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:33 pm
1) Sometimes render viewport does not update the camera movement (and I have to restart sketchup)

Most of the times this happens if we use region render, and then not disable the region render icon, we loose connection to the render viewport, I generally close the Octane Viewport and reopen and all returns to normal

2) If I close an re-open the render viewport render doesn't restart (during the same session)

Never happened to me :?

3) If I close the "octane material editor" and re-open it, it is white (blank)
...beta version

happens some time's - happens if we are inside a group or component, I exit that particular group/component, and 90% of times all work perfectly again. IF not I just save SU, close and reopen, if we keep pushing SU crashes.

4) Please: somebody can publish some simple emitter material (or lamp component/group)? It would be very useful.

Did you try to download a emitter material from LiveDB, download one, and you can edit it, then you can Copy/Paste and you will have your emitter materils (I know in this last version we have a emitter build problem)
You cant create some emitter materials in StandAlone and load the to SU, if you don't know how, I can send you a ocs with some emitter´s.

5) PMC and path tracing kernels produce a large number of noise dots in the dark zones of the model and it seems that they increase during the rendering. There is a method/setting to reduce them (Direct lighning produce a too fake result in nightime simulation)

Yes PMC and PT are the photorealistic kernels, there isn't "fast renders" in this kernels, but after lots of study of light and materils is possible to render in PT and PMC faster that any other render engine (night shoots are not easy with any rendering software)
There is no simple solution, because all scenes are different, every shoot need different settings.

Here is a 3 minuts render (test for client, not final)

SALA_TV3.jpg

SALA_TV_noite.jpg

And it occurs in the previous (not latest) versions as well. Fuzzy, you need to nail this sucker!

+1

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby macchiorlatti » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 am

macchiorlatti Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 am
1) (render viewport does not update the camera): I even didn't know that there was a render region option (!)
2) (close an re-open the render viewport): I'm particularly lucky
3) (octane material editor) fuzzybro told me to try previuos version (as V 0.11.53_2014) to solve other issues, so there isn't octane material editor
4) (emitter material) I'm a beginner in using Octane, I've tried "edison lamp filo" from live DB, but in PMC or PT produces a lot of noise. I don't know if I have to draw a model of a lamp filament or a surface emitter o something else...(beginner, I mean that I need a sample 3d model of a Light+emitter material applied to it so I could study it, and that could make you gain a couple of beers ;)
5) (noise)=4)
macchiorlatti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 am

resmas Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 am
Hi there.
Here you have some sample scenes from Octane where you can test and see how it works. they are .OCS files so they open in StandAlone, but you can import them to SU (imported .ocs files to SU are not editable inside SU, but allows you to study)

Imho i think you should play around a litle in StandAlone with the demo scenes a see how materials are created, specular, roughness, emission etc and then will be easier to understand how to tweak them inside SU.

http://render.otoy.com/downloads/Octane ... oSuite.zip

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby macchiorlatti » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:35 am

macchiorlatti Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:35 am
ok, thank you
I've already installed a standalone version (needed to install octane render plugin for skp)
and I'll explore it, particularly in material editing.
macchiorlatti
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp