OctaneRender 2 for Modo [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender 2 for Modo [OBSOLETE]
Foundry Modo (Developed by stenson, Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Re: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 2.05.2 [STABLE]

Postby face_off » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 am

face_off Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 am
I really enjoyed your first introduction video and it left me looking for more of a deeper tutorial.
In general, I've tried to put any plugin specific knowledge I have into the on-line manual. However if there are areas which you would like me to go deeper into, let me know specifically which areas they are, and I will put something together. IMO, the animation system could do with a tutorial video.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Talleman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Talleman Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 pm
face_off wrote:
I posted on the Modo dev channel - no response. I requested a license or demo version of Subd Nurbs from TheFoundry - no response. You posted the issue in the Modo forums - no response. There is nothing I can do to progress this issue until I have a copy of Subd Nurbs. Sorry.

EDIT: I have emailed the president of IntegrityWare - hopefully that will get a response.
I now have a copy of the Subd Nurbs plugin, and it crashes Modo when exporting to STL. The crash is inside the Subd Nurbs plugin, not the Octane plugin, so I have forwarded all the details to IntegrityWare. It' something they will need to fix.

Paul

Thanks Paul!
Thomas Alleman
3D Generalist

---
Those who get wisdom do themselves a favor, and those who love learning will succeed.
Talleman
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby VISUAL360 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 pm

VISUAL360 Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 pm
face_off wrote:
I really enjoyed your first introduction video and it left me looking for more of a deeper tutorial.
In general, I've tried to put any plugin specific knowledge I have into the on-line manual. However if there are areas which you would like me to go deeper into, let me know specifically which areas they are, and I will put something together. IMO, the animation system could do with a tutorial video.

Paul

Hi Paul,

simple animation tutorial would be very cool. I would like to see some details around texture mapping, displacement and maybe some cross over with third party programs/plugins such as HDR light studio, zbrush and realflow within modo. More for product and packaging visualization.

Thanks.

I know that's a tall order so I'll reference the online manual until then

;)

Cheers
VISUAL360
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:24 pm

face_off Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:24 pm
For a brief HDR Light Studio tutorial - pls see http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=38709. I'll look at the others in the next month or so.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 2.06 [STABLE]

Postby face_off » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:27 am

face_off Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:27 am
The STABLE build installers at the top of this thread have now been updated to the latest TEST build 2.6.0.29 installers.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 2.13 [STABLE]

Postby face_off » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:56 pm

face_off Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:56 pm
I have refreshed the installer at the top of this thread with release 2.13.0.42 - which is now the current STABLE release of the plugin. Pls refer to the TEST thread for release notes.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender for Modo (Windows) 2.0 [TEST]

Postby Obizzz » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Obizzz Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:29 pm
face_off wrote:
this is strange...the problem occurs instantly when MODO is starting up with a blank scene. There is popping up the error message: "An Octane Error has occured. Check the Octane Log for Details". I am able to open the Octane viewport but it is staying grey and showing nothing...If I disable the Power Translators Plugin via System -> Kit Toggle Enable and restarting MODO, the error message is gone and the Octane for Modo Plugin is working fine.

What version of the Power Translators Plugin have you installed? I have the Trial for 1.0 Do you have the trial too or the full version?

René

EDIT: I can get the Octane for MODO plugin to work with the Power Translators Plugin activated if I deactivate the HDR Lightstudio for MODO Plugin. So I have to deactivate one of the both plugins to get Octane back to work. If you not have the HDR Lightstudio for MODO plugin installed, this would explain why you're not being able to reproduce the error...
I just tested with Modo801 SP1, Power Translators 1.0, HDR LS 1.0.3, and OctaneRender for Modo 2.0.10.18 and everything ran fine.

What does the Modo Event Log report?
Have you tried deleting you Modo801.cfg? (you will need to re-authenticate the Octane plugin if you do this).

Paul

I just installed the trial of the Power Translators plugin and got the same error. Disabling it fixes the problem.
Obizzz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:02 pm

face_off Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:02 pm
I just installed the trial of the Power Translators plugin and got the same error. Disabling it fixes the problem.
Hi Martin - I think this turned out to be the Substance plugin clashing with the Translators plugin. Do you have the Substance plugin installed?

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Obizzz » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:42 am

Obizzz Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:42 am
Actually no I don't

I've got a bunch of other plugins though. I'll try to disable them one by one tomorrow to see if I find the culprit.
Obizzz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dmi3ryd » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:02 am

Dmi3ryd Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:02 am
It would be cool to realize modo navigtion hotkeys in octane plugin when activating "Viewport Navigation".
Win 8.1/64 | Geforce GTX780TI | Core I7 970 | 24GB
Dmi3ryd
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Modo