OTOY expands OctaneRender™ integration to NUKE, Houdini, MotionBuilder, Unreal Engine 4, and Digital Molecular Matter Engine

Forums: OTOY expands OctaneRender™ integration to NUKE, Houdini, MotionBuilder, Unreal Engine 4, and Digital Molecular Matter Engine
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: OTOY expands OctaneRender™ integration to NUKE, Houdini, Mot

Postby gabrielefx » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:57 am

gabrielefx Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:57 am
all these plugins are developed by freelancers spread all around the world.
After 3 years of the Max plugin development we can't have a full featured tool to create without headaches or experiments our renders.
Can you Imagine a full featured UE plugin when Epic updates its authoring tool monthly?
It's a a waste of time or a good business for the various Otoy freelancers.

I hope to see on Twitch a weekly meeting with the Otoy programmers to speak with us what we want and what we don't.
Epic work is a good example on how the software must be developed and followed by the users.

regards
quad Titan Kepler 6GB + quad Titan X Pascal 12GB + quad GTX1080 8GB + dual GTX1080Ti 11GB
gabrielefx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OTOY expands OctaneRender™ integration to NUKE, Houdini, MotionBuilder, Unreal Engine 4, and Digital Molecular Matter Engine

Postby octaner » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:50 pm

octaner Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:50 pm
The Nuke integration sounds like good news, I hope it's something that can be used in a production environment
WIN 8 Pro x64 | ASUS Sabertooth x79| i7 3930k Stepping C2| EVGA GT 520 | 32GB 1600Mhz RAM
octaner
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Goldorak Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:19 pm
gabrielefx wrote:all these plugins are developed by freelancers spread all around the world.
After 3 years of the Max plugin development we can't have a full featured tool to create without headaches or experiments our renders.
Can you Imagine a full featured UE plugin when Epic updates its authoring tool monthly?

We're working with Epic and getting dev support and guidance on the integration. None of this affects the Max plug-in.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby garand3d » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:58 pm

garand3d Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:58 pm
bartosh44 wrote:What about Zbrush 4R7? As Octane 2.0 and Zbrush user I think it would be great if you will make seamless rendering engine for Zbrush.

Seconded on the Zbrush 4R7. Having both ZB and Keyshot licenses, I'm pretty excited about the Keyshot bridge. But I will choose Octane any day of the week now. If you plan on making this happen, OTOY... please make it sooner than later! My money's waiting for you. :)
Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2 x ASUS GTX TITAN BLACK, 6GB GDDR5 | Intel Core i7 3770K, 3.50 GHz | 32 GB RAM
MSI GT83VR SLI 7RF | Win 10 Home | 32 GB RAM
DAZ Studio Pro 4.10.0.123 | OR S.A. V3.01.1b | OCDS V3.8.2.39 | GeForce Driver 398.36
garand3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OTOY expands OctaneRender™ integration to NUKE, Houdini, MotionBuilder, Unreal Engine 4, and Digital Molecular Matter Engine

Postby RealityFox » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:27 pm

RealityFox Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:27 pm
Zbrush is going to be huge for product design/concept! Do it Octane. It would be silly not to :P

Also any chance you guys will be adding more devs to the Blender Plugin? with all of these expansions, showing some love to Blender would be nice. As far as I know, Jim Star is the only main person working on it. And he's busy helping with the Maya or Max plugin as far as I'm aware.
RealityFox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:56 am

Rikk The Gaijin Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:56 am
WOW! Octane for Unreal Engine! :o
A zBrush integration is really unlikely to happen, as Pixologic just made a deal with KeyShot.
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:22 am

Goldorak Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:22 am
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:WOW! Octane for Unreal Engine! :o
A zBrush integration is really unlikely to happen, as Pixologic just made a deal with KeyShot.

Maybe we're going alphabetically? ;)
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby JimStar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 am

JimStar Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 am
RealityFox wrote:As far as I know, Jim Star is the only main person working on it. And he's busy helping with the Maya or Max plugin as far as I'm aware.

No, it's not fully correct - the Max plugin is completely developed by Karba.
I'm developing Maya plugin (Win and Linux), Blender plugin (Win, Linux, and later OSX), a couple of Standalone features, and one of the plugin's announced here. :roll:
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:36 am

Rikk The Gaijin Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:36 am
Goldorak wrote:Maybe we're going alphabetically? ;)

Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mike dar » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:25 pm

mike dar Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:25 pm
Octane Render Expands to After Effects- WHEN???!!!
Dying to try this out and to see what can be done with C4d Plugin and integrations of pipelines between a modeler and PLE effects programs(AE).

Will Ae essentially be a 3d program where models are concerned?, C4d R16 'tracking' and stated 'new' image transfer via cineware have to be explored. When When When!!???
mike dar

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements