OBRX export

Forums: OBRX export
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

OBRX export

Postby manos » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:42 am

manos Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:42 am
Hello, i would like to ask more about the ORBX export... I'm trying to animate a scene.
Is there a way to use some kind of animation plugin and export that in octane standallone ?
I recently used the IO ready camera script but that's only for animating the camera's position ....
Thanks.
CPU: INTEL i7 3.40 GHz/RAM: 8 GB/GPU: 2XGTX690/OS: WIN 7 64 BIT/SKETCHUP 2014/OCTANE for SU
manos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OBRX export

Postby resmas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm

resmas Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm
Hello mate, for what I know its not possible to export any kind of sketchup animation to Octane. As Octane StandAlone can only render animation via alembic file.

I belive its in the roadmap of Sketchup Plugin to render internal SU animation.

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:43 pm

fuzzybro Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:43 pm
Hi,

I plan to add animation support between pages (scenes) but that is pretty much it.
For more advanced animations please use Octane Standalone.

Cheers
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

OBRX export

Postby manos » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:22 pm

manos Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:22 pm
Sorry I'm new in animation, and I don't understand what kind of files are necessary, I thought that .ORBX was the deal,(make your geometry, animate with some sort of SU plugin, use the OR for SU , open the viewport and then in the plugin menu export an ORBX file..use that OBRX in the standalone ver, render) ?..As I mentioned above I made a few test with the IO ready camera script ....it works like a charm but still it's only for camera's movement....
I don't mind using the standalone, but how is that possible with sketchup ?
Is there any compatible plugin for animating in SU ?
I don't know, there is a key frame plugin for sketchup but does it export alembic files ?
Thanks
CPU: INTEL i7 3.40 GHz/RAM: 8 GB/GPU: 2XGTX690/OS: WIN 7 64 BIT/SKETCHUP 2014/OCTANE for SU
manos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:00 pm

fuzzybro Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:00 pm
manos wrote:Sorry I'm new in animation, and I don't understand what kind of files are necessary, I thought that .ORBX was the deal,(make your geometry, animate with some sort of SU plugin, use the OR for SU , open the viewport and then in the plugin menu export an ORBX file..use that OBRX in the standalone ver, render) ?..As I mentioned above I made a few test with the IO ready camera script ....it works like a charm but still it's only for camera's movement....
I don't mind using the standalone, but how is that possible with sketchup ?
Is there any compatible plugin for animating in SU ?
I don't know, there is a key frame plugin for sketchup but does it export alembic files ?
Thanks

Hi manos,

You can check Lua forums: viewforum.php?f=73
Not sure if there is a script to solve your problem. But you can always ask for help there.

Hope that helps,
Bro
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to SketchUp