NEW: You asked, we delivered: OTOY releases OctaneRender™ 2 with a dozen new features by community request

Forums: NEW: You asked, we delivered: OTOY releases OctaneRender™ 2 with a dozen new features by community request
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Postby tungerz » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:33 am

tungerz Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:33 am
@ mib2berlin,
I checked there as well, the only one showing 2.0 is my stand alone octane... not the octane-blender plugin

Cheers,
Tung
Win7 64bit...Q6600 Quad core...8Gig Mem...9600 geforce...Daily Build Blender2.5x...Lionel's(Yoyoz)1.10 Blender Exporter... 0 Skill=Priceless
tungerz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: NEW: You asked, we delivered: OTOY releases OctaneRender™ 2 with a dozen new features by community request

Postby rund » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 am

rund Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 am
Octane was nominated for the CG Awards 2014 (the Oscars in 3D graphics) in the category of best software update of the year, see https://thecgawards.com/vote/software-update/

Congratz!
rund

Re: NEW: You asked, we delivered: OTOY releases OctaneRender™ 2 with a dozen new features by community request

Postby tremolo » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:41 am

tremolo Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:41 am
Hi,

My OctaneLive Account doesn't show the Octane 2.0 C4D plugin username and password even though I purchased the 2.0 upgrade when there was a free plugin voucher. Any help?
tremolo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PavilionVL » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:49 pm

PavilionVL Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:49 pm
tremolo wrote:Hi,

My OctaneLive Account doesn't show the Octane 2.0 C4D plugin username and password even though I purchased the 2.0 upgrade when there was a free plugin voucher. Any help?

You need upgrade C4D plugin via shop (to buy, but don't pay - you have voucher, then in Account upgrade license to 2.0
PavilionVL
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby riverodoimi » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:39 am

riverodoimi Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:39 am
I'm trying with the demo 2.0 , why you take out the option to whrite the numbers for change values in everything , specially for mapping ,it's difficult to match using slide bars...instead of writing the numbers for UV transform....I hope it's just for the DEMO version...if not please back to the 1.0 versions
riverodoimi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby grimm » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:10 am

grimm Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:10 am
riverodoimi wrote:I'm trying with the demo 2.0 , why you take out the option to whrite the numbers for change values in everything , specially for mapping ,it's difficult to match using slide bars...instead of writing the numbers for UV transform....I hope it's just for the DEMO version...if not please back to the 1.0 versions

Right click in the field to enter the value. :)

Jason
Linux Mint 20 x64 | Nvidia GTX 980 4GB (displays) RTX 2070 8GB| Intel I7 5820K 3.8 Ghz | 32Gb Memory | Nvidia Driver 460.56
grimm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abreukers » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:53 am

abreukers Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:53 am
tremolo wrote:Hi,

hi tremolo, the voucher doesn't show up on your customer area anymore because your c4d plugin has been upgraded to v2.x along with the standalone. hope that makes sense
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby rcallicotte » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:30 am

rcallicotte Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:30 am
Brilliant! I love your willingness. It takes humility to make these choices. God's blessings.

abstrax wrote:To everybody who tried out the demo version and was disappointed by the speed: One thing I totally forgot is that in the demo version by default the "use priority" option is enabled for all GPUs and I think the render priority default is set to "low".

-> Make sure that you either disable the "use priority" option in the CUDA device settings or set the render priority to "high".

This will probably not make up all speed loss, but improve things. I also would like to note that we found one problem in the geometry compilation, which we are currently trying to fix. We found this problem with a scene Dom74 sent to us. -> If you have some scenes with dramatic speed losses, please send them to us. There is a chance that there are more issues hiding.
rcallicotte
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby DigitalOven » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:39 pm

DigitalOven Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:39 pm
I downloaded the Demo ... seemed to run great on my 4,1 Mac Pro/Nvidia 6GB GTX 780 setup (Mavericks and latest Nvidia drivers) ... and it is a blast ... now I want to purchase.

When I go to the "Buy Now!" page it says:

OctaneRender™ for CINEMA 4D® 2.x is available for the following:
Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8: CINEMA 4D® R13,R14,R15

My question:

How do I buy this for OSX and C4D? From other posts (and the demo) it seems to be working ... just not sure if I should click "Buy" on something only saying Windows :)

EDIT: OK, I may be a little OCD about wording but didn't want to have to go through hoops to change licensing ... after a quick response I was told the purchase link worked for any platform and I was able to find links for OSX ... still trying to get C4D license to activate but standalone came up fine and activated.
Last edited by DigitalOven on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DigitalOven
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FooZe » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:44 am

FooZe Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:44 am
DigitalOven wrote:I downloaded the Demo ... seemed to run great on my 4,1 Mac Pro/Nvidia 6GB GTX 780 setup (Mavericks and latest Nvidia drivers) ... and it is a blast ... now I want to purchase.

When I go to the "Buy Now!" page it says:

OctaneRender™ for CINEMA 4D® 2.x is available for the following:
Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8: CINEMA 4D® R13,R14,R15

My question:

How do I buy this for OSX and C4D? From other posts (and the demo) it seems to be working ... just not sure if I should click "Buy" on something only saying Windows :)

Hi DigitalOven,

The shop page has been updated with the Mac compatibility. It is the correct product (our licenses are not limited to a specific OS).

Thanks
Chris.
FooZe
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements