OctaneRender for SketchUp 0.10.621

Forums: OctaneRender for SketchUp 0.10.621
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: OctaneRender for SketchUp 0.10.621

Postby fuzzybro » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:59 pm

fuzzybro Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:59 pm
Seekerfinder wrote:FEATURE REQUEST: Would it be possible to have a function where we hide geometry that catches a shadow while retaining the shadow? Effective a shadow catcher in the plugin. I see we don't have the MATTE setting in the diffuse material node in the plugin. But having an approximation of shadows in SU without going to a 3rd party composting app would be the preferred workflow for me anyways. This would be great if possible!

Hi Seeker!

Matte should be there (check attachment). Just make sure that geometry is facing the right side. When you create a plane in SU it is facing the wrong direction (bottom), so I had to reverse the face and apply matte material to get this picture.

BUG: Environment light source won't switch back to SU daylight after having added an HDRI / image - see image attached.

Environment bugfixes are next on the list.

ROADMAP ALTERED - BUT WHY?: My beloved Phantom Scatter has been removed from the roadmap. Just wondering why? It's becoming quite a powerful tool and I did not think adding the scatter node functionality that gives user access to the use of CSV files would be a massive job. Did I miss a headline? If not, please put it back on the list!

Sorry mate, a bit later, low priority on that one.

Thanks!
Attachments
matte.PNG
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby resmas » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:27 pm

resmas Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:27 pm
Seekerfinder wrote:
Seekerfinder wrote:BUG: Environment light source won't switch back to SU daylight after having added an HDRI / image - see image attached.

Another issue possibly linked to this? When I assign an HDRI to the environment, that same image appeared when opening an older file! Mysterious but true.

EDIT: Ok, this only happened once. It may be when multiple files are opened simultaneously? You might look into that one.

Best,
Seeker

hello mate, regarding the hdr texture environment, this happened in the earlier versions too, it only happens when we enable "Use Sun". For some reason the option "se Sun" locks the environment even if we go back to SU sun. Until Fuzzy kills this bug/feature we just need to uncheck "Use Sun" option.

About matte option it works here. Normals must be correctly faced.

shadow_cacher.jpg

EDIT: Just saw that Fuzzy already posted the answer :D

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:53 am

Seekerfinder Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:53 am
fuzzybro wrote:Matte should be there (check attachment). Just make sure that geometry is facing the right side. When you create a plane in SU it is facing the wrong direction (bottom), so I had to reverse the face and apply matte material to get this picture.

Oi. How did I miss that. Thanks Fuzzy.

fuzzybro wrote:
BUG: Environment light source won't switch back to SU daylight after having added an HDRI / image - see image attached.

Environment bugfixes are next on the list.

Good to hear.

fuzzybro wrote:
ROADMAP ALTERED - BUT WHY?: My beloved Phantom Scatter has been removed from the roadmap. Just wondering why? It's becoming quite a powerful tool and I did not think adding the scatter node functionality that gives user access to the use of CSV files would be a massive job. Did I miss a headline? If not, please put it back on the list!

Sorry mate, a bit later, low priority on that one.

No prob Fuzzy, but it was always on the list even if it's low priority... As long as it does not drop off the planet. Some great stuff coming down the pipe from Guus.

Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:59 am

Seekerfinder Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:59 am
resmas wrote:hello mate, regarding the hdr texture environment, this happened in the earlier versions too, it only happens when we enable "Use Sun". For some reason the option "se Sun" locks the environment even if we go back to SU sun. Until Fuzzy kills this bug/feature we just need to uncheck "Use Sun" option.

Thanks Resmas! That works.

resmas wrote:About matte option it works here. Normals must be correctly faced.

Wow. Just discovering this feature... I am so enjoying this plugin!

Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Bagginsnuke » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Bagginsnuke Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:28 pm
Hi... Octane Renders Team..

I have Problems with adobe flash player in Windows 8.1 (IE11 64 bit)
It does not work . i can't use the plugin

i try to fix this Problems with Adobe Troubleshooting , turn off Active x and check At-on shockwave it enable... update windows..
but flash player is not working

What should I do?

Thanks.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Bagginsnuke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 pm

fuzzybro Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 pm
Bagginsnuke wrote:Hi... Octane Renders Team..

I have Problems with adobe flash player in Windows 8.1 (IE11 64 bit)
It does not work . i can't use the plugin

i try to fix this Problems with Adobe Troubleshooting , turn off Active x and check At-on shockwave it enable... update windows..
but flash player is not working

What should I do?

Thanks.

Hi mate,

It seems like you have got Flash Player 11 or 10. Please update it by downloading latest Flash Player for Windows 8.1 x64 here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId= ... lcid=0x409

Hope that helps.
Please report on your progress.

Bro
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby renderlight » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:56 am

renderlight Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:56 am
Hi Fuzzybro,

I seem to have the problem with Flash Player ( Ver. 14.0.0.145 -latest ver.) on Windows 8.1 x64.
It is happening in the license, viewpoint and materials windows.
renderlight
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 am

fuzzybro Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 am
renderlight wrote:Hi Fuzzybro,

I seem to have the problem with Flash Player ( Ver. 14.0.0.145 -latest ver.) on Windows 8.1 x64.
It is happening in the license, viewpoint and materials windows.

Hi renderlight,

what kind of problem?
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby renderlight » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:05 am

renderlight Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:05 am
The problem is that I can't get into windows I mention,because it comes up that I need to install
Flash Player. I have the latest Version for Windows 8.1 x64 installed.
renderlight
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:01 pm

fuzzybro Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:01 pm
renderlight wrote:The problem is that I can't get into windows I mention,because it comes up that I need to install
Flash Player. I have the latest Version for Windows 8.1 x64 installed.

Hi renderlight,

Could ypu please post some screenshot of windows that are not working properly?
Also I would need you to open this page ( http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ) using Internet Explorer and send a screenshot.
And to be sure that everything is OK on the plugin side, could you please send me couple of recent log files located here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Octane\SketchUp\logs

Upd
Bagginsnuke has resolved the issue, it was an old Flash in IE.

Thank you
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to SketchUp